Asus Google Nexus 7 - user opinions and reviews

Asus

7.6
7.6
7.8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-01-13 05:30 from 6pDY - click to readU can install WhatsApp. Just download WhatsApp apk file and transfer into internal memory via PC then install it. While installing WhatsApp verify ur number via voice call.

• 2015-01-13 18:41
  • P$6A

I Want to buy this tablet but I read comments for some users in other site complain that this tablet does not accept applications like whatsapp , tango ,line etc. is this right ? and if so is there a solution ? thanks

• 2015-01-13 05:30
  • 6pDY

Not yet received 5.0 update!!!
Any one pls help!

• 2015-01-07 16:52
  • sSJe

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-01-05 18:42 from HBD2 - click to readVery simple: the only existing camera is placed in the front and not on the back of the device.

• 2015-01-06 12:37
  • nsFW

how video calling can be done without presence of secondary camera ?

• 2015-01-05 18:42
  • HBD2

Anybody got lollipop 5.0.2 OTA ?

• 2015-01-02 15:56
  • YMtP

> In reply to SamsaraGuru @ 2014-12-22 09:28 from jCqY - click to readThanks a lot for helping me out. I thought only my n7 2012 hasnt received OTA update due to some problem... as 2 of my colleagues already have android 5.0 in their n7..so I was worried... they might have flashed the rom on their own, I guess, if asus hasnt released OTA... Also sir, I would like to ask you one more question..how much screen on time you get for the battery to drain from 100% to 5%? I get close to 3hours and 15 mins screen on time on gaming and surfing. Is this normal?

• 2014-12-23 09:44
  • 2S}d

> In reply to prateek @ 2014-12-20 19:32 from HktF - click to readI too have the Nexus 7 2012 And also I'm running 4.4.4.

I think the wisest course of action is for us to wait until Asus has the build properly attuned to our tablets rather than jump the gun, and install the factory build and find out that we just have to undo it later.

Though it always is nice to know that one has the latest operating system, truth be told, we probably would have a hard time telling the difference. If Asus has not yet released lollipop over the air, is probably because there is a good reason that they are fine tuning it to make sure that we don't end up with problems someone in another comment here mentioned about how it is slow down his tablet he had to reinstall Kit Kat.

There is no more important virtue nor quality of character that we can cultivate and which we must master then patience

• 2014-12-22 09:28
  • jCqY

> In reply to prateek @ 2014-12-20 19:32 from HktF - click to readyes i am from India i bought Google nexus 7 from eBay at the time it was running jelly bean and just last week i wanted to update lollipop but all i could update is until kit Kat! I feel your confusion but do not worry sometimes certain Asian countries do not receive the latest updates,just be patient and wait.

• 2014-12-22 02:36
  • tufg

Unfortunately,this tablet has only front camera.

• 2014-12-22 01:48
  • Kg%h

I am from india and my nexus 7 2012 has not still received lollipop OTA. My device is running 4.4.4 and it shows the latest software is already installed. Anyone else facing this problem in India? Please help I am quite worried :(

• 2014-12-20 19:32
  • HktF

Upgraded from an ipod touch 4g. Browsing is faster,yes, but gifs load very slowly. Flash is pretty slow too but fluid once started. Must turn wifi off with bluetooth headphones (same issue on ipod) or playback is intermittent. Good battery life. Can last 4 days with minimal use. Gaming is flawless. Screen makes funny sounds when pressed but good construction nonetheless. Do not recommend lollipop, i downgraded to kitkat too. Charges reaaaly slowly. Don't think the asus charger provides more than 800ma, though it's rated at 2A. Best bargain at 130 usd! New nexus is far more fragile and scratches easily.

• 2014-12-20 15:37
  • LaFn

Great tablet although I had to roll back from lollipop it completely slowed and spoiled my tablet, it's not hard to re-flash back to kitkat and then it's back to being fast again.

• 2014-12-20 11:27
  • nxxU

> In reply to miniman @ 2014-12-16 01:55 from 4R2S - click to readI upgraded mine to lollipop, works very good. After using the device two years I made sure to factory reset.

• 2014-12-17 15:21
  • pqJY

I bought the Nexus 7 exactly a year ago.
And it NEVER worked 100%!!

TOUCHPANEL SUCKS!

This is truly a LOW END product!

BR LaZr

• 2014-12-16 17:03
  • 0unM

My Nexus 7 2012 is now an aggravating piece of junk since lollipop, even after a factory reset. Every system, process, or app has screwed up consistently. Time for a new tablet. (Or was that the plan all along?)
Does it work on new tablets?

• 2014-12-16 01:55
  • 4R2S

Has anyone else experienced microphone issues after the lollipop update? My mic isn't working anymore :(

• 2014-12-15 16:42
  • tevW

> In reply to MicuVerde @ 2014-12-13 13:31 from 3RNb - click to readSame here except I just updated all apps and deleted the guest profile. Didn't even wipe the cache ... Smooth as butter ! Finally lollipop is good as they say. Batter life seems to have improved.will update information later after a few days :)

• 2014-12-15 14:42
  • tevW

Hi guys ! I updated my nexus 7 to lollipop when the ota update cane. Just as everyone else my tab got stuck and was very slow. Finally I have found the solution to get back the old smooth kit kat like experience. These are the steps I followed.
1.uninstall all the aops I don't use regularly.
2.update all the apps via Googleplay store.
3. Hold the power button for around 15 sevs where the device will automatically shut down and restart.

Another thing to absolutely follow is IF you open a guest profile close it as soon as you finish using it as it slows the tab a lot. As soon as I closed my guest profile !y tab was back to usual performence.

I read after backing up the data doing a factory reset also helped some users but so far the above !method has

• 2014-12-15 14:39

Yh you can google nexus 7 factory images

• 2014-12-13 22:26
  • pwbJ
Total of 1590 user reviews and opinions for Asus Google Nexus 7.