Asus Google Nexus 7 - user opinions and reviews

Asus

7.6
7.6
7.8

> In reply to diaz screamocore @ 2012-08-18 03:46 from uCcw - click to readGoogle wants us to consume stuffs on Google play store (especially) streaming via hi-speed internet over WiFi. But Google took care to add internet access via Bluetooth tethering where all ordinary handset users find relief!

• 2012-08-21 22:35
  • rA2n

I found Google nexus quite good in terms of specs and what it provides in such low cost. Great screen resolution and solid built. The most important feature is the stock Jelly Bean which is the best Android by far. It is awesome on this quadcore beast. High resolution games are fun to play on this. It does nt support OTG, i.e, cant use any external USB/hard disk from this device. I am okay with even 8GB memory, coz I dont want it to use as a hard disk. 5 GB would be more than sufficient to have my apps. Broadband and 3G are getting faster and cheaper these days. I dont want to make phone calls from a tablet. I agree 3G support would have been great but any 3G phone can be used as a WIFI hotspot in the outdoors. I would say it is worth for what it costs.

• 2012-08-21 11:42
  • U2h$

> In reply to Anish Sawlani @ 2012-08-20 11:59 from utcK - click to readI bought it from grabmore.in for Rs.20000.

• 2012-08-21 03:50
  • RKky

> In reply to Louis @ 2012-08-18 19:27 from rA2I - click to readThanks.....

• 2012-08-20 18:00
  • vG{3

I just got my nexus 7 16G, it really make me sad. The screen will lost color when I tap on it harder. And a broken loudspeaker. Sometime it restart by itself.
M out of warranty service area now. :(

• 2012-08-20 15:57
  • tErZ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-08-19 20:55 from RKky - click to readCan u be a bit more specific? wher did u buy it frm? hw much does it cost..

• 2012-08-20 11:59
  • utcK

can you connect tot he tv?

• 2012-08-20 11:24
  • TkB3

> In reply to Anish Sawlani @ 2012-08-17 14:35 from bCac - click to readIt supports flash drive over otg. But needs to be rooted or with a custom rom like CM10 which I use.

The cheapest n7 16gb that I found was on grab more. I don't think it can be any cheaper.

• 2012-08-19 20:55
  • RKky

this one is PSP / Portable gaming device Killer.

the spec just awesome at low price.

• 2012-08-19 18:47
  • tA$R

> In reply to rock @ 2012-08-17 20:00 from ibj% - click to readYou mean RM1118 is lelong price? That is way too expensive even for a 16GB.

• 2012-08-19 17:47
  • IVW{

> In reply to shibu @ 2012-08-12 12:26 from XujM - click to readpair and connect your 2/3G handset with nexus 7 over Bluetooth except for the first start up. Nexus 7 does the rest.

• 2012-08-18 19:38
  • rA2I

> In reply to BuBu008 @ 2012-08-16 10:57 from vG{4 - click to reada seller on eBay India sells for 15300 rupees. but waiting till next month end and see how much the price comes down

• 2012-08-18 19:27
  • rA2I

can i connect my hard disk to this??

• 2012-08-18 14:23
  • vb$K

> In reply to Anish Sawlani @ 2012-08-17 14:35 from bCac - click to readAnish,

it supports flash drive unless it is rooted and stickmount or similar app installed. I connected a flash drive via otg cable but nothing happened

Using the cable provided we can connect nexus 7 to a computer as a flash drive. Not sure it detect a 2/3g data card via otg cable. One good news is that nexus 7 accesses internet via Bluetooth on even ordinary handsets (it worked with my Nokia 3110c)

Flat pin adapters are available everywhere for the Asus universal charger of nexus 7

its too hard to find another tab with this kind of extreme configuration for the price. Nexus 7 did not appear cheap to me but a stable device made by experienced manufacturers

• 2012-08-18 10:05
  • YTdB

Finally I got nexus 7 from my friends went to US recently. Its well built slim and sturdy. It took 4 hours to fully charge battery before first time use.

Things we see are:

On first time use / after factory reset, it asks for our Google account or creating a new one to login using it. There a WiFi internet connection is a must. After syncing the device with Google play for the first time, we can use Bluetooth even on a 2G handset to connect to internet (it worked on my Nokia 3110c with out any tethering app). Just pair and connect, nexus 7 so smart to connect to internet instantly.

I am able to access Google play and install apps unlike those rumors say customers in India are not allowed on Google play!

One truth is that it does not detect flash drives connected via USB OTG cable (unless rooted and installed stickmount), but no probs we can connect nexus 7 to our computer to copy music and videos and nexus 7 appears as removable disk

The IPS display panel with great viewing angles is excellent for the price

Yet to explore more. Go ahead guys you won't regret buying this :) the jellybean is amazingly responsive and fast on the extreme hardware under the hood.

• 2012-08-18 05:12
  • rAUb

why google nexus 7 not make with sim card???

• 2012-08-18 03:46
  • uCcw

> In reply to AaddyRedDevil @ 2012-07-12 13:50 from vV5G - click to readlelong website cost RM1118 BETTER GALAXY TAB 7 supportv3g

• 2012-08-17 20:00
  • ibj%

Only Wi-Fi capable device. No sim card and microSD card slot.

• 2012-08-17 14:36
  • t7}G
Total of 1490 user reviews and opinions for Asus Google Nexus 7.