From the 16GB Model, how much memory are you actually left with after the system files and os uses? Like without installing anything straight out the box?
medo, 27 Feb 2014do this tablet have phone calls option??can use this set as cell phone for calling?
zoidian1883, 05 Mar 2014Does this tablet's OTG supports USB HDD (hardisk drives)????yes, it does support OTG (ON THE GO)cable! :D
Keidis, 04 Mar 2014I won mine in the Kit Kat competition in South Africa, how does the warranty work if something... moreYou have a one year warranty which allows servicng of the unit based on your s/n
I won mine in the Kit Kat competition in South Africa, how does the warranty work if something goes wrong?
heymarkjohn, 02 Mar 2014Does this tablet support USB on the go? Please answer meYes it supports USB OTG. But if you wish to connect flash drives, have nexus media importer installed first
How to extend your Nexus 7 (2013)'s battery life:
1. Do not use any power saving apps as most of the time, they don't really work. This also includes task killers. When I uninstalled Battery Doctor, the battery life got better, same thing with Task Killers. If you're going to install a Task Killer, make sure you do not let it run in the background, do not schedule a task, etc, and do not auto-kill apps in the background as most of the apps it kills, will just start again and again, draining your battery. Just kill the tasks or open apps manually, if possible. I do this especially when I'm playing games so there's no a lot of apps running in the background giving me more RAM.
2. As much as possible, avoid automatic brightness. I think it really is draining my battery a lot. When I adjust it manually, I get more juice for my battery. I just make it brighter manually when I'm outdoor.
3. Do not put a lot of widgets on the homescreens. Only use widgets that you really need. In my case, I only use a 3rd party calendar widget, Play Book widget for easy access to my e-books, Any.do widget and Google Keep. The rest are app shortcuts which doesn't really run in the background.
4. Do not use live wallpapers. Well, I only use the one preinstalled in the tablet but most of the time, I just use static wallpapers. A darker one would also help save battery life. Most 3rd party live wallpapers drain the battery fast!
5. Always check the Battery under Settings to find out which app/s really drain/s the battery. Before, the Google Play Services was the culprit so I've disabled some of its services and it worked.
Overall, I'm very satisfied with the Nexus 7 (2013) but there are times, I'm having issue with the keyboard which acts up once in a while so I can't type properly. Sometimes, when you type P, the letter R will come up, though these 2 letters are far apart from each other.
Anonymous, 22 Feb 2014Guide how to play Adobe Flash video on any Android 4.4, including Nexus 7 2013: http://forum.x... moreOhh, it works for dolphine browser only but thats ok than none.
I'll check that.
Thanks in advance buddy!
d686968, 23 Feb 2014hey got my nexus 7 2 here. seems like im having a problem on my batt, it drains fast. i can on... moreThat is absolutely normal as the cpu and gpu are running at higher frequencies. The screen uses the most battery. To keep your battery healthy you should never plug in your charger whilst playing games.
leinar, 18 Feb 2014yup i owned nexus 7.2 i experience also the ghost typing at first i thought its just the sensi... morehey got my nexus 7 2 here. seems like im having a problem on my batt, it drains fast. i can only use it for 5-6hrs of gaming. is it normal? what can i do to extend the batt life? Thank you.
hey i got my nexus 7 2 here. seems like the battery has a problem. it drains fast. can only use it for 5-6 hrs, more on gaming. is it normal?