Asus M530w - user opinions and reviews

Asus

5.1

yess yu have to pay for it to upgrade

• 2009-01-22 07:53
  • utmb

I check the windows update, and there is no update at the moment.
I don't know if Asus Center can upgrade to WM 6.1
Can anybody provide information?
Thanks.

• 2009-01-15 04:35
  • uEBe

I see from the specs that it supports both 3G and WiFi and GPRS, but what about EDGE? and what is the class of the EDGE transmission it supports? thanks heaps!

• 2009-01-15 04:33
  • PEfX

i was told by customer care m530w will be upgraded by asus to 6.1 windows.can any body tel me how to that?

• 2009-01-05 18:21
  • vGhD

how to load gps and at lowest cost ?can any body guide me?MY ID ;icr1@rediffmail.com

• 2009-01-05 18:14
  • vGhD

i have just baught it.it is doing net in wap.my e50 was faster did net in web.can any body guide me to do net in web with mouse for surfing.wap is consuming bty fast.

• 2009-01-05 18:10
  • vGhD

> In reply to Tarun Adhikari @ 2008-12-24 13:46 from w43M - click to readYes it does support blackberry

visit this link and download blackberry connect and install it on your phone ...

Select : Mobile > M Series > M530w
Select OS: Windows Mobile
Goto Utilities > you will see blackberry connect s/w
download blackberry connect and install it on your phone ...

Good Luck
From another M530w User
syedzeeshan1980@gmail.com

• 2009-01-05 07:15
  • w4p5

Can anyone tell me if this phone support Blackberry and if someone is using it than do tell me about your experience.Send me on my mail id tannu2003_add@yahoo.com.

• 2008-12-24 13:46
  • w43M

I am using this mobile from last 6 months everything is good but battery is just too bad dont last more then 2 hour talk time .its hard to get 3rd party software for this brand .Perfect mobile if asus can resolve battery problem.Visited asus service centre twice they change the battery but its of no use .

• 2008-11-29 15:35
  • vGf3

The battery is not giving the usage time as per specification.Hanging problem and gprs once connected cannot disconnect we have to make the phone off for it.

• 2008-11-26 17:46
  • PWYY

I bought this phone based on the reviews I read here but am totally disappointed by the dismal performance of this phone. The battery does not last for 5 hours in Standby model while the maker claims 120 hours! The phone hangs every now and then. It takes more than 45 seconds to execute one command. The windows mobile is also painful while using outlook. No auto complete for addresses, no copy or paste function.
In short this phone sucks!
I will not recommand this phone to even my enemy.
Stay away from it.

• 2008-11-23 15:13
  • TCw3

I like it very much. Got it as my second phone for ~200$, ~140EUR. It's working OK with 8GB Sandisk SDHC class4 misroSD

So good things:
+ great display
+ good connectivity
+ can charge using standart mini USB connector
+ Powerful CPU (can watch DVDRip full size divx movies)
+ very nice build quality (it looks almost as expensive as blackberry)
+ keypad
+ OK camera
+ very detailed call history

bad things:
- battery life could be better (that nice, bright screen eats all power...I can't find any way to set lower brightness lever)
- a bit bulky at first, but you will get used to it soon
- had some software compatibility issues installing third party tools
- office document viewers instead of full office suite
- no notepad software comes by default

what do I forget? :)

• 2008-11-13 23:23
  • mtsC

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2008-10-28 03:19 from PZeb - click to readr u sure? connecting to pc will keep ur phone battery fully charged

• 2008-11-04 11:16
  • PUSH

> In reply to Jaaany @ 2008-10-14 14:35 from meKm - click to readyes, u can and it's working

• 2008-11-04 11:15
  • PUSH

telefon is Ok, price ok camera Ok

• 2008-10-31 17:40
  • 0FRq

> In reply to Jaaany @ 2008-10-14 14:35 from meKm - click to readthe battery is good, you dont connect to PC, because it reduce the battery life. In normal i use it about 3 days.

• 2008-10-28 03:19
  • PZeb

Can you install skype on it? Does it work?

• 2008-10-14 14:35
  • meKm

this phone has terrible battery...even you can not use the phone it will drain and does not takes you a long time to use.

• 2008-09-27 14:05
  • vxmA

can diz hp access to youtube?

• 2008-09-13 16:19
  • PUjp

hi all

can anyone tell me how can i read chinese sms/words on my asus m530w? i have been looking around but still cant find a way to solve this problem

thanks

• 2008-08-25 05:56
  • PFM2
Total of 92 user reviews and opinions for Asus M530w.