Asus Memo Pad 8 ME180A - user opinions and reviews

Asus

5.1
4.4
4.8

I had using it for almost a year and it is doing great so far, a great value for budget tablet despite of the poor camera quality

• 2014-08-03 10:15
  • IVVX

I bought this product 3 weeks ago. For the first 8 days everything was functioning superbly, but on the 9th day wifi won't connect to any network. I brought it back to the Asus shop and they replaced it after 2 weeks. The replacement unit was far worse than the first one. In less than 24 hours the entire screen showed permanent pixels of red and green. Now my memopad 8 is back to the service center again and I'm still waiting for any feedback. I'm very much disappointed with asus.

• 2014-07-14 16:47
  • X}UR

Can anyone tell me why my asus memo pad 8 wont connect to my wi fi help

• 2014-07-13 14:57
  • TkhC

> In reply to ccc666 @ 2014-06-03 20:45 from 8TFY - click to readFor my case, just turn off the volume and it will fix the problem. Or change your sound to Speech mode. Let me know if this work on your tablet.

• 2014-06-11 11:03
  • PUA1

> In reply to Dexter @ 2014-02-26 02:54 from PUA1 - click to readHave same issue when using backspace that display takes touches all over the keyboard. Sometimes not usable .. very annoying. Any solution?

• 2014-06-03 20:45
  • 8TFY

You can buy LG G Pad for 5999CZK (299USD) and Asus Memo Pad 8 for 4490 (229USD) . LG is realy better in many ways but on Asus it was possible to connect externall 2,5" hardrive without any problems - LG's USB port is not strong enough for power suply it. Next thing is that LG has some limitations on writting on SD card because of KitKat restrictions.

• 2014-05-15 10:34
  • 0w9P

> In reply to Ondree @ 2014-05-09 12:17 from 0w9P - click to readGood to hear that you finally get your money back and bought a G Pad 8.3, i am sure you are now a happy user of this beautiful machine, just too bad that I can't find this model in my country. Can I know how much different in price between Memo Pad 8 and G Pad 8.3 in your country?

• 2014-05-14 05:14
  • PUA1

> In reply to Dexter @ 2014-04-21 10:42 from PUA1 - click to readThat's good :)
Each repairment took about 10 days. The last one took 30 days but they didn't fix it so I get my money back and bought LG G PAD 8.3 :) I am from Czech Republic.

• 2014-05-09 12:17
  • 0w9P

> In reply to ondree @ 2014-04-17 19:35 from 0yRA - click to readBelieve it or not, the problem doesn't exist anymore since the day before I decided to send it to service center, it's been 3 weeks that I didnt see the problem happen again, even though with SOUND ON!! I just hope the problem will not happen when the warranty is expired (touch wood >.-). How long it took for them to change the touch layer and display? Btw, I am from Malaysia, where are you from?

• 2014-04-21 10:42
  • PUA1

This is very interesting - every time I saw this problem I had sound on. I sent my device to the service center three times with this problem. First time they replaced touch layer, second time they replaced touch layer and display but problem persists. So i sent it again and I am waiting what they will replace now. I am very disapointed with this device :(

• 2014-04-17 19:35
  • 0yRA

> In reply to ondree @ 2014-03-07 21:13 from 0yRA - click to readI found a way to solve the problem, try turn off your sound and see the touch screen is functioning well, at least this works for mine. but playing games without sound is not enjoying at all :( Anyway, I plan to send to service center but due since the center is far away so I will cope with the problem for now. Let me know how it goes at your side.

• 2014-04-04 09:52
  • PUA1

> In reply to saw @ 2014-03-08 19:13 from PGEM - click to readI have a ZTE MF667 3G modem and internet data is working.
And the description is wrong up there , this device does have GPS (GPS+GLONASS) .

• 2014-03-30 15:10
  • 0vF9

Does anyone else have a glitch with their screen? On my start screen my lock button acts weird, and the screen sometimes has a gray line on it that appears for a second. When streaming video and I slide the cursor to a part that hasn't loaded yet, it'll glitch like that.

• 2014-03-20 18:56
  • jIaH

can this memo pad use mobile internet data from sim card?

• 2014-03-08 19:13
  • PGEM

> In reply to Dexter @ 2014-02-26 02:54 from PUA1 - click to readSometimes I have the same problem with sw keyboard and there is weird touch screen acting durring the gameplay. It looks like it recognizes touches on places where I din't touch screen. Do you find solution for this? I have new memopad made on 01/2014. Factory reset fix this for few days but this problem returns...

• 2014-03-07 21:13
  • 0yRA

> In reply to ken @ 2014-03-06 04:15 from sxvt - click to readThe screen is Gorilla glass, so fairly scratch resistant.

The main review also said no GPS but this item in conjunction with a GPS app will lock in to the GPS or Glonass systems to provide you with excellent geopositioning.

• 2014-03-06 19:36
  • RtpB

can somebody confirm the presence or absence of OTG.
also does this have scratch protection of any kind for the screen?

• 2014-03-06 04:15
  • sxvt

Anyone here experience a screen problem (especially typing) in memo pad 8? For example: When you type DELETE (backspace), it will show .com and sometimes ENTER. I experienced this also when playing candy crush whereby you moving this candy but instead other candy is moving.

• 2014-02-26 02:54
  • PUA1

> In reply to KL @ 2014-02-14 10:58 from EqWt - click to readhow much did you buy the 8GB from ALL IT? do you know what's the price for 16GB white colour? thanks

• 2014-02-21 18:18
  • PA7I

I bought mine from DirectD subang jaya rm525..U need to add rm30 for white color..
pro : works fine for 1gb game
con : bad picture quality using rear camera..
last time my N95 have better camera than this..
Best option for budget tablet!

• 2014-02-17 03:39
  • PTII
Total of 48 user reviews and opinions for Asus Memo Pad 8 ME180A.