Asus Memo Pad ME172V - user opinions and reviews

Asus

7.2
6.9
7.0

> In reply to tauhid621 @ 2013-11-24 15:44 from KFQH - click to readI had same issue. Sent for repair but came back same way. I did a hard reset myself that fixed the problem.

• 2014-03-06 14:25
  • EJ{e

> In reply to mdevo @ 2013-08-26 16:32 from wMHH - click to readhow can i reset screen lock ?i dnt no it on my asus memo pad

• 2014-03-04 07:37
  • HKKi

> In reply to SUBHASIS @ 2014-01-21 17:38 from rKxA - click to readThere is an over the air update that fixes this. Connect to the internet and update your device in the settings menu

• 2014-02-13 03:47
  • 7XYX

it does have a front facing camera for selfies but cant take pics for your grandkids unless they are facing the screen,,hope it helps

• 2014-01-31 20:44
  • 39xV

Cant take photos or videos with this memmo pad so why was i sold it when i. Told the salesman in tescos silverburn glasgow i wanted a tablet that i could video my grandkids with when they come home for a visit as they stay abroad and i dont get to see them much i am very dissapointed and i hope that a big company such as asus will do something to rectify this i saved up for months?to buy this and am no further ahead with havig an insight into my grandkids develement

• 2014-01-28 22:16
  • 39BG

OK lah

• 2014-01-24 00:57
  • RIGh

its obsolete tab, dont buy it. its rubbish processor, no good screen, sorry but we paid
to much for this

• 2014-01-20 15:38
  • txj3

Hi,dear factwriting asus.I wrote my opininion based upon facts.But it disappeared!!!?I don,t know who and why!Please as usual if you find my opinion,you have the rights to delete,moderate,or modify the sentences or words that you don,t think are expedient to be released!?I want to stress that my opinion was not illogical but mere facts!Also I know asus is very influential,rich,and powerful!I thank you very much to do the best!But as you already know my eyes because of chemical gas in war are very weak to write constantly!I know and believe that you are the only site to write and defend facts fearlessly nepotismlessly!I know what is going on!But alas,pity,that they think they can kill the Fact(God)!Thanks any way as in the country of the blind------!Good luck!

• 2014-01-14 10:30
  • a3%v

this is a bargain. and its display is HD. wat more can u ask for ?

• 2014-01-12 15:43
  • ucxH

This tab is very amazing ... very reliable .. my son 3 years old used this tab do playing n learning.

• 2014-01-02 21:02
  • uhmR

Guys hello i have this tablet today, is this tegra?,and why cant i play real boxing??,im a new guy

• 2014-01-02 12:04
  • 7XHY

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-01 14:38 from t7Xh - click to readThanks... Will do just that.

• 2014-01-02 01:28
  • X3$r

> In reply to sontot @ 2014-01-01 07:00 from X3$r - click to readTry installing root explorer. If your device is rooted, you can try copying the Play Store apk in to the system apps folder and set proper permissions. Actually, you would be better off looking for instructions on how to do it at xda developers rather than here.

• 2014-01-01 14:38
  • t7Xh

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-30 17:39 from t7Xh - click to readI have reset to factory settings but still does not show any Playstore installed. Again tried to installed the Apk but still it won't work. Will try out the custom rom as recommended but I need guidance on that.

• 2014-01-01 07:00
  • X3$r

> In reply to Sontot @ 2013-11-16 18:54 from KSFS - click to readIs it brand new? Asus devices are Google certified and come preinstalled with the Play Store as a system app. So its either you have a used, rooted device that had the play store deleted or its a fake. Either way, try to do a factory reset. If it still doesnt appear, you might need to flash a stock rom.

• 2013-12-30 17:39
  • t7Xh

> In reply to dips @ 2013-11-22 14:42 from XN{4 - click to readWhat do you intend to use an external cam for? This device already has a front camera. Although there are apps which can help you connect to an IP cam/other phone.

• 2013-12-30 17:32
  • t7Xh

> In reply to ron @ 2013-12-06 21:41 from uCrU - click to readYes it does.

• 2013-12-30 17:27
  • t7Xh

This is my first tablet, which I received as a Christmas present. I had some misgivings about owning a computer that didn't have a real keyboard but soon saw the advantages.

Here are a couple of the bonuses

Extremely lightweight.

Great display.

Very good selection of apps, including a word processor with handwriting, sketches (!) and voice input. Granted, the latter does leave a bit to iron out.

The texture, a sort of lizard skin finish, is very pleasant to hold for long periods and seems to suggest that the MeMopad was intended to be taken out to work. It is a pleasure to behold.

Great video game support, contrary to what people say about the thin library of titles for Androids.

Android's own Youtube interface is very user friendly, stripped down and I prefer it to the usual.

The size is smaller than Ipads and the like. Ipad owners in my acquaintance have said that they prefer the genuinely notbook (A3?) sized screen.

16gig memory, 1 gig ram (that is larger than a number of PCs I've been pleased with).

One more thing: if you look, you can find emulators for the Nintendo DS, GBA and numerous others. I recommend the Myboy, which emulates the Gameboy Advance and GB!

Negative:

This version of the Android operating system does not support Flash, which means that Facebook games cannot be accessed.

I would strongly recommend this

• 2013-12-28 13:49
  • mxTq

> In reply to tauhid621 @ 2013-11-24 15:44 from KFQH - click to readAre you still having the problem of it shutting off randomly? Mine was doing the same thing but seems to do it less now?

• 2013-12-27 00:40
  • kQHH
Total of 295 user reviews and opinions for Asus Memo Pad ME172V.