Hi Hanny! Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it. By the way, my firmware is v4.3, I have dowbloaded the new update from asus site firmware v4.6. I have it on my minisd now. what should I do next to load it to my P525?
i hv problem w bat indicator...
it stuck at 92% even after 1 day n after fully charged...
go to this link to check which rom u wanthttp://forum.xda-developers.co...php?t=279777
hellow ruben.i bought my p525 scince 2 weeks ago.i tried to search for latest english rom v3.32 i couldnt find.but yesterday i found it in russion site and i upgrade my rom.it is very good but it is 47 MB.
this is the link
I bought my asus P525 in Dubai, very happy with it but I can't use the internet through my service provider, vodafone uk, due to the pre-installed service providers.Any suggestions please?
great phone to replace my XDA2... really like the phone with keypad... more easier to SMS... fast respond woth 416MHz processor... working fine now for almost half month using it...
Greetings to all!
I just got my ASUS P525 3 days ago and I am very pleased with it. Everything works perfect. PPC-DOC I need to know how to upgrade the firmware to v4.6. I downloaded it from Asus website. I hav it on my minisd but I'm not what to do next??
My current firmware is v4.3, my CE is 3.32.
Thanks for your support.
Am frm Malaysia. Just bought p525 2 days ago. Previously was a dopod 818 pro user. P525 is much better than 818 pro, it is faster, user friendly, with keypad and stable.
But got questions as below and hope someone can help:-
1. Is it very difficult to find the spare parts in Malaysia? (eg, batteries, housing..)
2. Any place in malaysia can get the nice & beautiful pouch for this PDA phone?
3. How to download chinese software and where can get it?
4. Is it supported rar and avi files?
5. How to send a sms to number of recipients? Any shortcut like phone, just mark the recipients?
Hope anyone can help me. Thanks.
Camera of P525 is better than other 2mp cam of O2 and palm, you have just to adjust the settings right, and because you see the picture in a larger screen not like ordinary phones which has smaller screens and confusing us in better pictures.
Anyone can post a picture using the Asus P525 in a picture post website, my P525 is currently at the repair service for firmware upgrades.
This one just came near to PERFECT cell phone cum business gizmo.
Just lacked these things
1) Key pad lock on right is too tight and annoying
2) 2MP camera with AF sounds kool but in real is very bad i.e. a quality of ordinary 1.3 mp cell phones - noisy blurred & lifeless. Becomes all blurred with slight shaky hands.
3) Similerly video recorder is a big let dowm.
Apart from is wifi, speed, battery all are very good. best thing is that it fits in hand and pocket.
Yokoson> with the same specs u list, u'll get a new phone with extras u mention for $650 approx. And if its 2 months old, i think there should be a 15% depreciation. u should be getting it for $550 approx.
I Already bought this unit, I got problem in installing new softwares like Skype and Adobe. It has an error " 'Skype' is not a valid Pocket PC Application."
Please help me fix this error. Thanx....
Which is the best price I can find for P525? I have found one that is used only for 2 months, with extras (mini sd 2GB, Silicon Case, 2 extra stulys & screen protector and other things) for $600 at ebay
Is that a good price guys?
great PPC easy to use , network is very strong, what can i say? it's perfect
I'm planning to buy the phone based on the reviews here.
If ever this will be my first PPC, but any P525 user who already installed Acrobat Reader? Where can I get the compatible version of PDF viewer?
Thanks for your help in advance....
Gd day everybody, u P525 lover.
I've just got mine 3 weeks back. As a matter of fact, I bought 2 units at once. One for myself and one for my wife. We give away our K750 to our 2 daughters.
B4 buying this fon, I had high hopes 4 it but it seems like it's beginning to change becos of:
1. The sliding keylock button is very troublesome to operate unlike ordinary h/p where u can conveniently press '*' & lock otherwise it automatically locks within 10 seconds or less. The P525 the fastest is 1 minute.
2. Incoming BT goes to internal memory by default and cannot be changed to external memory. The remaining internal memory is very limited and if you've big incoming BT file, the transmission will just halt there.
I hope somebody can come up with some setting solution which I'm unaware of. Your feedback is very much appreciated
3. I'm unable to use draw function using different ink colour. I was hoping I could use this function similar to the ads pictures of SONY P990i