Asus P550 - user opinions and reviews

Asus

5.0

> In reply to ary @ 2009-09-24 16:06 from m}Ck - click to readWhat GPS software for navigation do you use?

• 2011-06-02 08:15
  • nye2

> In reply to neeraj parsendi @ 2009-01-17 10:22 from utAM - click to readhello!
do u know where I can find europe karta for this phone, gps?

• 2009-09-24 16:06
  • m}Ck

best phone on this range

• 2009-01-17 10:22
  • utAM

This phone is availble in the UK as the Vodafone V1520

• 2008-10-08 12:38
  • Mx@E
  • F

Announced in 2007 and still 'coming soon'??
What went wrong at ASUS? This device is outdated already.

• 2008-08-27 22:51
  • MY4$

so sorry for asus company....just 64MB Ram for this device?!!!..256 or 128MB is better...other specifications is good...

• 2008-08-05 10:08
  • 0V0Y

> In reply to MOBILux @ 2008-05-10 15:25 from MqGc - click to readyou can use a put an 8gb micro sd into a mini sd adapter and insert it into your minisd slot. The adapter is about $15 usd i think

• 2008-06-03 02:45
  • TIEh

I've got the phone from Vodafone a month ago.
Great speed and battery time!I Like the casing, though it is a bit too wide.
Bad:
Phone speaker - sounds like someone is speaking from the can. Sometimes can hardly understand what person is saying.
Also sometimes my backspace/delete button doesn't react in messaging (have to restart)

• 2008-05-20 11:39
  • AuRq

There's a mistake in specifications of Asus P550. I just keep that one in hands right now, and I can tell you that Asus P550 supports miniSD memory cards, but not microSD!

• 2008-05-10 15:25
  • MqGc

Does anybody know how to adjust speaker volume during the call?

Thanks

• 2008-05-03 19:36
  • nxEn

I had previously used HTC TY but already traded in. It is no doubt that HTC TY is looked better but the working efficiency is slow, the touch feeling of keyboard is not too good by comparing to Dopod 838Pro, so I was not encouraged to use it that much. Just bought P550, stainless steel cover, big size of LCD and faster CPU are the points make me so impressed. The device is indeed suitable for those guys without much of patience like me who needs to use a PDA phone. Short battery life is the disadvantage of the device for me, so I always need to have spare battery with me.

• 2008-04-06 06:55
  • TCwt

I was offered this device or the TYTN II for free from my operator.
The TYTN II was reviewed by many people, and got great reviews most of the time.
Looks like the P550 didn't hit the market yet.
which one do you think I should take?

• 2008-03-02 23:12
  • 0@uM

Does anyone know what sat-nav software is compatible with it please?

• 2008-02-21 12:57
  • iIZe

@lavender

1900MHz (GSM/UMTS) is not supported by all operators. 850MHz UMTS is pretty much AT&T, where other operators use 1700/1900MHz.

Even for GSM 850Mhz there are some operators that exclusively use this band in some areas. You will find 1900MHz coverage in most cities and townships, and 850MHz in less populated areas due to its greater coverage. You will rarely see them side by side (from my experience).

• 2008-02-21 08:31
  • PEKR

Wonder it's really "needed" to support 850MHz in US? Is it possible to use 1900MHz instead? Can't 1900MHz cover 850MHz in most of area in U.S.?

• 2008-02-13 10:04
  • ivse

Not quadband or lack of 850MHz is disappointing, that means that US market excluded. It would be THE Phone for me, it has all I need and most important BIG screen, but without 850MHz it's useless in US.

• 2008-02-11 06:48
  • jyC1

why is that PDA's has only 65k colors? can someone enlighten me....

• 2008-01-30 15:18
  • wYFV

I like the specs although it looks horrible. I want a large PDA that is also a phone, I can't get on with the tiny screens on most PDA phones and I find the keyboard on my HTC TyTN is a waste of space - completely un-necessary. Don't care about the camera, never use them anyway. I'll probably get one. Key selling points of this model are large screen, no space wasted on a keyboard, fast processor, integrated GPS. I'm sure others do the same thing, but there's not a lot wrong with this device for my needs.

• 2008-01-23 19:17
  • S3xv

The 3,5' display is not usual, better vision for using it as GPS navigator!

• 2008-01-17 16:35
  • mxwr

Everything looks just as usual!!! WHat is so new about this one and they are announcing it in Dec2007, way behind time guys!

• 2007-12-31 14:35
  • Sqj%
Total of 36 user reviews and opinions for Asus P550.