There are no pros, here are the cons:
1) Though it's claimed to have the best CPU in market, i couldn't believe it after seeing it's performance even in turbo mode.
2) When using asus go 2008 map software, though the device is plugged in to 12V DC and power setting was set to "do not turn off the device", it turns off and you have to tap on the screen every time to turn it back on. And it takes extra time for the device to find out GPS location. I had to develop an add-in software that keeps resetting idle timer of windows continously.
3) I couldn't find a way to let the device use 802.11 if available, and if no wireless network is present, use GPRS/EDGE then. You should choose either. If you choose GPRS, it uses GPRS even if you're in a wireless network range; and if you choose Wireless Network Card, if does not try to use GPRS if no network is found.
4) We made a comparison on cold starting time of GPS receiver with a friend's Blackberry Storm 9530. He connected and found location in 4 secs, Asus couldn't locate where it is.
5) User interface is silly.
6) It overheats when charging (in a place where it's not under direct sunlight) and shuts itself without a warning.
Anonymous, 15 Oct 2009They should have made the display 3.0 instead of 2.8.Buy a pocket TV. The screen is already big for a mobile phone...
This is good phone but cannot over charge, the line will done. Need to reinstall ROM. Qwerty is small. Other than this overall this phone is 8/10.
I really like this phone. It's like carrying a whole desktop pc, without the bulk of course. Battery drains fast especially when using wifi. Just bought a spare battery (sbp-18) so i can use it for an extra few hours.
Been using this for almost a month. Battery drains very fast. Have to charge at least 2x a day.
I will buy this pda phone Asus P565 , is anyone knows what is the phone's minus ? weakness ? thanks.
I want to buy PDA phone Asus P565 in the USA.
I live near Los Angeles , California. Please somebody tell me where to buy ? what address ? what store / shop name ? what telephone number ? Thank You !
P565 user, 13 Sep 2009Bought with a intention of using wifi facility but till date unable to use the wifi connection... morewow iam able to use wifi without any problem how could you tell it is not working
Bought with a intention of using wifi facility but till date unable to use the wifi connection due to lack of technical support.The purpose of buying is defeated.
Andy, 28 Aug 2009If I want to use GPS without using GPRS, what can I do? Is it need to install any software?install mapking10, also install maps for your specific area, no GPRS connection required whatsoever, obviously download from comp and install in to PPC.
has anyone figured out what the GPS Mode is in the Camera feature? is it something like Geotagging?
Here's a rough estimate on the battery life of the P565.
1. Under very heavy usage (Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/3D Games/Calls/SMS) battery lasted 1 day.
2. Under heavy usage (Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/Calls/SMS) battery lasted 2 days.
3. Under normal usage (SMS/Calls/little Wi-Fi) battery lasted 4 days.
4. Under light usage (SMS/little Calls/little Wi-Fi) battery lasted 5 days.
5. On standby (Phone Off + Device in Standby mode) battery lasted 9 days.
The device was running on a GSM (2G) network. Although, the battery life of your device might depend on factors such as network reception and ambient temperature.
Regardless, this is just a reference for you guys to have a rough estimation of the battery life.
for Andy, 18 Aug 2009yes for using GPS you will need to install software that is sold separatly. thanks!Which software I can using for?
yes for using GPS you will need to install software that is sold separatly. thanks!
yes it seems that it has that battery problems.does anyone know some tricks to extend battery life up to a few days (3-4)? does anyone sees a difference between the cpu "power saving mode" and "automatic mode"? which of 2 states is better for saving battery? thanks!
yes it seems that it has that battery problems.does anyone know some tricks to extend battery life up to a few days (3-4)? does anyone sees a difference between the cpu "power saving mode" and "automatic mode"? which of 2 states is better for saving battery?
If I want to use GPS without using GPRS, what can I do? Is it need to install any software?