Asus PadFone - user opinions and reviews

Asus

7.0
7.1
6.9

For 'Andy', he writes: "in fact by putting the phone in the tablet over and over again, some scratched appeared on the side of the screen..."
I have solution for this problem: just every time you put phone to the tablet- clean up phone screen from the dust and microscopic rocks. Just all! For understanding: when we put phone to the pocket or keep phone in holder- no matter how clean are pocket or holder can be find out microparticles.
I been find out by myself.

• 2015-06-21 12:12
  • 0xRx

Hi I am using Asus PadFone A66 since 3 years, its good concept to have all in one but service is very poor. Some time back I broke the screen of phone but not able to get it. Please let me know at 9971521144 If I can buy an old Asus Padfone A66 to have my Key board and Pad working again.

• 2015-06-09 18:38
  • vIkx

How do you save pictures from message

• 2015-06-06 00:35
  • FEBT

I use this phone more than 2 years, +/- OK, but I'm really disappointed about additional A66 "option" : if you would like to use WhatsApp, please forgot about contact sync with g-mail. It's not work simultaneously because of adress books conflict. About unexpected heating is also true.

• 2015-04-28 12:15
  • m2xX

I have the A66 first model sinds 2012, I loved the concept to have a all-in-one device. I was a little disapointed about the no-scratch remark on the box, in fact by putting the phone in the tablet over and over again, some scratched appeared on the side of the screen, only visible when the phone is off. Recently I used to have some problem with the cores and rams of the phone, but in 2 years I used my phone EVERY day more than 4 or 5 hours for work and play, so +-3650 hours of use, that's maybe the reason of my hardware problems.
Anyway, it's a nice concept produced by an excellent brand, Asus is my favorite brand for all my hardware stuff, and the 1ste padfone is from good shape, but if you want to buy one, I suggest to by the last one Padfone 2 or Infinity.

• 2015-01-08 22:53
  • mws3

> In reply to GareyB @ 2014-09-28 06:27 from s73Y - click to readI have had the exact same issues with mine, along with it loosing service for no reason, and dropped calls. this phone is the worst!!!! I hate it and AT&T does not want to help. I am on the NEXT plan so i will keep sending it back and getting a replacement phone til I can afford to get a new phone. this is ridiculous!!!

• 2014-12-24 14:12
  • QrVp

> In reply to jbpbois @ 2014-05-21 08:41 from U$Ng - click to readme too, never again... hard to find service center in eastern province, KSA, jarir wont accept unless bought from them

• 2014-11-10 13:39
  • SYqH

Bought this phone in June of 2014. Two months later it just died. went to take the phone back to AT&T. They tried to fix too no luck. Luckily it is under warranty. Took the replacement phone back today to the AT&T store, they activate it. Turned it on, and guess what, it is dead again. We did however find out that AT&T has stopped selling this phone. We went in to buy the I5 and they talked us into this. To say the least we are really upset. I am a truck driver and only home for 3 days at a time. I have to have a phone that works, my job depends on it. My wife's phone is also having overheating problems and their excuse to day was all smart phones get hot. Well we are HOT. We will be taking back tomorrow for them to be replaced with the I5. We spent way to much money to have something that does NOT WORK !!! There is a lot more to this story but don't feel like writing a novel tonight !!!

• 2014-09-28 06:27
  • s73Y

Can i asking why my padfone like this all letters are gone.its a drain battery then i was decided to connect the charger then after a fews hours its ok and while ioppened i seen all letters are gone...help me what to do

• 2014-08-11 15:22
  • XjPg

• 2014-08-11 15:02
  • XjPg

> In reply to jun @ 2014-04-27 13:00 from fCxs - click to readNo, there is also hdmi port for sending video signal to Station

• 2014-07-28 14:07
  • MJM3

> In reply to jun @ 2014-04-27 13:00 from fCxs - click to readNo, the slot for the tablet only fits the padphone, hence they are only sold together

• 2014-07-20 21:59
  • B{HF

i owned a padfone 2 for 1 year already. so deseapointed by this product.
i can say it is the worth device i have had in hands for 20 years. ASUS is the winner !
Let see :
after one month, the micro stopped to work , must bring to ASUS service in Bangkok... about 10 days to repair it ...
some weeks later the device begun to bug, and stopped definitively after that. back to Asus service ...
2 or 3 weeks later , they changed everything inside and bring me it back "updated"...
3 or 4 months after using the low quality plastic silvered around the phone begun to remove at the bottom, and the phone was half silver half black !
Some weeks later , big bug again, impossible to turn on again , back to Asus for third time in 6 months... I got back the device 2 or 3 weeks later (?)... again
they changed all programms inside , and for sure erase all the data for the 3rd time ...
after that everything was ok during 3 months... wow !
but the plug to connect the charger is very low quality and very fragile and so easy to brake. so one day impossible to charge it, the plug was destroyed...
Back to Asus service to change the plug ... do you believe they needed more than 6 weeks for this service, just to change the charge plug !
i just get back my phone ... In during one year using , i could really use it about 7 months ... and 4 to 5 months in service !
so i was so happy to use my phone again after 2 months, and this time they keep my data inside ...
but ... i cant use it because because the micro does work again ... I dont know what they have done ! crazy !
so if you think about buy this kind of device, think twice ...
one thing more the warrenty is just applied in the country you bought it ... international brand Asus ? no way ...
about the performances :
pictures are good if you look them on your computer, the lense come from Sony, but the screen quality is not so good. colors are poor compare with iphone or samsung.
The phone is able to warm up to 50 or 60 degrees when charging, or sometimes alone with no reason. you must stop it before to use it to make it cold .
the sensibility for network are lower than the devices i have in my house . ( samsung/lenovo/iphone).
the flash is very poor unusable in night ...
memory with 32 GB is not enought for me and no SD card available on this device.
one good point is the screen sensibility, really good.
Speed procesor is good too.
the brighness is ok if you use outdoor mode, but after some minutes you can cook you eggs on the screen, before the battery let you down ... maximum use is 6 to 8 hours using outdoor mode... and if you use it non stop it would be only few hours ... sure you have the tablet to charge it, so you must go around with your tab everytime.
about the tablet, the quality of the screen is really poor, very far to be like some new HD tablets ...
Building quality is awfully bad ... i asked them the change the part on the bottom to new one, and they : refused , even if i paid ! maybe no spare parts available as Asus change model every 3 or 6 months..
so please Mr Asus, your style and concept are nice but stop to put so bad products on the market. before to check the quality seriously.
Many Padfone have troubles , but your engeneers still go on to create new model ...
For me ... its never again ...

• 2014-05-21 08:41
  • U$Ng

Does the dock station works with other android phones

• 2014-04-27 13:00
  • fCxs

I got my padfone a66 in 2012, im happy and still loving it. I am begging to asus company to pls make a new one of this 3 in 1 same concept, same design shape, size etc but would like it in full HD and pls with keyboard dock..

• 2014-04-16 00:13
  • 0E%n

> In reply to yosms @ 2013-02-08 06:38 from ib4@ - click to readcan we use padfone and tablet seprately please let me know i brought these gadget today

• 2014-03-27 19:11
  • PFAL

The very thought of combining three different platforms and making a device is the key for creating a new potential market. The PadFone has won the innovation award of 2012 at International CES which explains this is definitely a step into innovating a new kind of product.

Now if we are looking at just the smartphone and not a bundled package this could be a deal breaker, but that's not the case the package includes below items.
-PadFone
-PadFone Station(Tablet)
-Station Dock(Keyboard Dock)
-Stylus Bluetooth Headset
-Sleeve
-Wired Headset with In-line microphone

All the devices have their own independent batteries PadFone(1520 mAh), PadFone Station(3300 mAh), Station Dock(3300 mAh) with which a total of upto 17Hrs of usage time could be achieved when all three devices are used together.

And answering the question about ASUS being an unknown company - ASUS is $14.73 Billion dollar company in revenue as per 2011 and it has extensive service network all over the country and that definitely is not possible for a small player.

Review after Four Days Hands-on:

Battery Life: After four days have passed i dint had connect the charger to the phone, this is possible only if you use all the three devices time to time, once the phone to docked into Padfone Station the phone will be charged to 100 percent and the Station Dock will charge both Phone and Padfone Station keeping them charged up all the time. The concept is simple, phone is the key device without which both the devices are obsolete and their mission is to keep the phone alive at all times. I will not say how many hours of talk-time you would get but i assure that you would never be disappointed. There is a small flaw in this concept as if you charge the phone and keep it at 100 percent at all times it might reduce the battery life in long run, but this is a easy fix as the battery for the PadFone is user replaceable.

Looks and Build Quality: The first look of the phone will tell you that the build quality is exceptionally good. The phone comes is a aluminium casing which makes it strong enough to withstand falls. The screen is protected with a corning gorilla glass. The back cover is made out of good quality plastic with a ripple design which not only adds to the design factor but acts for the phone back cover to be fingerprint resistant.

Display and Performance: The display is 4.3 inches Super AMOLED display with great viewing angles and with an outdoor mode which could be used to make someone blind when used in dark.

The AnTuTu Benchmark score is pretty impressive which came out as a surprise to me. It scored a total of 15, 688., Playing head on with Google Nexus 4 and leaving Samsung Galaxy S2 far behind in the list.

Games and HD video playback is flawless both on the phone and PadFone Station, i tested Robocop which has very high end graphics on phone and tablet and the graphics look amazing on both the devices and the game runs seamlessly.

I understand that it is a very long review to read but once you read it, its really hard to resist yourself from clicking on Buynow, so have some patience.(This is warning to stop here for users who could not resist their temptation)

Operating System and Proprietary Apps: The phone ships with ICS 4.0(Ice Cream Sandwitch) and is upgrades to 4.1(Jelly Bean) which is not bad for a phone which was released in 2012.

Asus has done a tremendous job with some innovative apps pre-loaded some of them are so good that, they make you same AWESOME out loud and I am not going to spoil the fun by explaining the features as it is a wonderful to discover it yourself. on the flip-side there are some application which are not that useful of which some could be uninstalled which is good.

Memory and Storage: There is nothing much to talk here but numbers in most of the reviews so i tried to blend it in like other reviews at which i failed.

Internal Storage: 32GB
External Memory: Expandable upto 32GB with micro sd
Asus Cloud Storage: 5GB (Could be upgraded to 50GB or 500GB with paid subscription)

Total storage for phone: 69GB

The list ends here for most of the phones but it does not for this one the Station Dock houses 2XUSB 2.0 ports and a memory card reader. The USB port is compatible with a USB mouse, although i am yet to explore the whole lot of possibilities I am pretty sure that it would support an external hard drive.

The final verdict about the device is, its a great device if you are looking for a new product with multiple uses. All the data could be integrated in one device and could be accessed via different platforms which gives a unique user experience.

• 2014-02-24 05:20
  • vGrg

Any users of this phone who can comment about
- Lagging of the phone for Office application / general surfing / medium usage games like Temple Run etc.?
- Can I use both tablet and phone together?
- How good is the keyboard?
- Is Android 4.4 kitkat gonna hit this device?
- Is there a real GPS (not A-GPS) in this device?

• 2014-01-26 09:28
  • wiSf

I have a Asus a66 padfone 32 gb.asus is a good brand but there is a some technical problem.and still work with 4.1.1 please update latest virson of android.in asus a66 there is a notification light but its note working....and some time phone will switch off automatically.so i request to asus team pls solwe this problem.

• 2014-01-21 19:59
  • S0Br

I am using Asus phone, its good instrument but services in India are pathatic and frustrating

• 2013-08-28 08:55
  • vG6J
Total of 317 user reviews and opinions for Asus PadFone.