Asus PadFone - user opinions and reviews

Asus

7.2
7.3
7.1

have been using this fone for a few weeks now, apart from the sometimes faulty battery icons, the fone is very snappy! and i disagree that it's a midrange fone. the S4 working underneath ROCKS! and for the concept itself, yup, i agree that it is heavy but it's a very fine concept! i've seen a few Moto Atrix guys who tried a similar concept likes this. so for those naysayers, try it first b4 judging it, the concept provides flexibility, and it delivers! when u hv 2 gadgets, u must bring the both of them out everytime, with Padfone, u HAVE the option to only bring 1! that's flexibility!

• 2012-08-07 08:23
  • IV5}

please gsmarena give us review for the product especially the camera

• 2012-08-06 11:58
  • Mf5q

I don't think this concept will catch on.

The phone it self is OK but defiantly not high end.

The tablet is WAY too thick.

When you can use HOTSPOT instead I would rather a better phone and something like the transformer prime.

• 2012-08-01 04:06
  • 2Gpx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-07-09 15:12 from SugK - click to readKindly read my post again. I did not said that everything is cheap. I said that in comparison of Asus and Samsung, the latter is the "cheap" company - Even though the Galaxy S3 is by no means a cheap phone at all.

I don't have an S3 though, nor plan to, since it's an expensive phone carrying features I'm likely not to use. The quad-core is cute, but too much power that not all applications are ready to use, wireless charging is moot for me, and there are S2 variants with the NFC chip so all in all the S2 is more than sufficient.

• 2012-07-20 15:26
  • phrZ

its too pricey

• 2012-07-15 16:54
  • uCbI

This may be a stupid question/s 1. In laptop mode can I connect a printer (I've never printed off an Android device) just like with a windows laptop? 2. In laptop mode can I connect an LCD projector (RGB adaptor)? 3. In Laptop mode can I connect a usb stick and or an external USB drive (How many USB ports does it have)? 4. I assume there is no dvd drive, can I connect 1 through the usb port? 5. Can this device replace my windows laptop (Dell inspiron) if not what are the drawbacks?

• 2012-07-14 23:57
  • 3rR0

• 2012-07-14 23:54
  • 3rR0

Firstly start to use not very use to it as a iphone user but learn from ppl how to use andriod this is the best phone ever

• 2012-07-12 11:02
  • uH$L

Please review let phone

• 2012-07-12 08:45
  • gyHr

I like the look of the software, similar to Nexus but clear weather and date etc

• 2012-07-11 11:20
  • 9LAM

best phone ! ihave used so far!!
heavy usage does create battery issues! but still
got the dock station to charge my phone!!
using whole day,while having 20% charge i put it inside the dock n bamn!! its back in action!
n about the speed! its 4th generation snapdragon dual core 1.4 krait! real beast! trust me , the performance will blow your mind!
last but not the least! phone+ tab+ laptop! dats the coolest thing u can have in this century!
so cheers !! :)

• 2012-07-09 20:02
  • uQ5G

> In reply to Cat @ 2012-07-04 14:07 from phrZ - click to readwhy everything for you is CHEAP??? do you have a SG3?

• 2012-07-09 15:12
  • SugK

> In reply to lc3287 @ 2012-07-04 09:43 from RIIU - click to readBatt does last a day just on the Padfone alone, thats with alot of bluetooth along with browsing texting and calling. Got home and its around 23% left, this is set to High performance mode too so powersaving or balanced mode would be better I assume :-)

• 2012-07-05 20:16
  • nE{}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-11 10:58 from UNUb - click to readIt's spelled "Asus".
Asus is anything but cheap, being Samsung the cheap company. That's why you get better prices in comparison to the competition while still having somewhat decent equipment.

That said, the Padfone per se seems somewhat at par to the S2, better processor still mind you, but the core feature of the Padfone is the concept of integrating with a screen to form a tablet, on top of which you can add a keyboard dock for a netbook-ish Android system. No other phone offers you this, and that's the selling concept.

If I just wanted a smarthpone? Suppose I'd get the S2 though. Cheaper, powerful enough, the S3 is clearly overpriced and the quad-core CPU is for now somewhat overrated and unnecessary.

• 2012-07-04 14:07
  • phrZ

1520mAh battery for 4.3inch 540 x 960 pixels Super AMOLED, can this Asus Padfone battery last a day ???

• 2012-07-04 09:43
  • RIIU

I like the concept, but would prefer the phone to be smaller, lighter and dust/waterproof. The HTC Hero I currently have is already at the top end of what I consider practical for a phone wrt size. My ideal phone has a 3" or smaller screen and weight below 100g, yet has the performance to match a notebook when used with an external screen and BT mouse/keyboard or docked in a pad-enclosure at home.

• 2012-07-02 14:06
  • spS7

The top half of the phone looks practically like an iPhone.

• 2012-06-20 17:57
  • Jax}

Exactly

• 2012-06-19 20:49
  • fn%C

was a iphone user,as for the padfone. it is quite good. the first few charges did not last too long . but after that it could be quite long. by the way synchronizing the contact from iphone could be difficult. due to the different contact format. but other than that its an fantastic phone.

• 2012-06-19 04:26
  • uctk

hey u both gigs of asus and samsung......
Both compnies are great in their product........samsung is now master in mobile and smartphone.....than asus is a huge foot in computer world.......
I use galaxy s2 and i also use asus motherboard fitted pc.......both were great.....
So dont be stupids friends

• 2012-06-19 04:09
  • 7tCu
Total of 311 user reviews and opinions for Asus PadFone.