Asus PadFone - user opinions and reviews

Asus

7.2
7.3
7.1

This may be a stupid question/s 1. In laptop mode can I connect a printer (I've never printed off an Android device) just like with a windows laptop? 2. In laptop mode can I connect an LCD projector (RGB adaptor)? 3. In Laptop mode can I connect a usb stick and or an external USB drive (How many USB ports does it have)? 4. I assume there is no dvd drive, can I connect 1 through the usb port? 5. Can this device replace my windows laptop (Dell inspiron) if not what are the drawbacks?

• 2012-07-14 23:57
  • 3rR0

• 2012-07-14 23:54
  • 3rR0

Firstly start to use not very use to it as a iphone user but learn from ppl how to use andriod this is the best phone ever

• 2012-07-12 11:02
  • uH$L

Please review let phone

• 2012-07-12 08:45
  • gyHr

I like the look of the software, similar to Nexus but clear weather and date etc

• 2012-07-11 11:20
  • 9LAM

best phone ! ihave used so far!!
heavy usage does create battery issues! but still
got the dock station to charge my phone!!
using whole day,while having 20% charge i put it inside the dock n bamn!! its back in action!
n about the speed! its 4th generation snapdragon dual core 1.4 krait! real beast! trust me , the performance will blow your mind!
last but not the least! phone+ tab+ laptop! dats the coolest thing u can have in this century!
so cheers !! :)

• 2012-07-09 20:02
  • uQ5G

> In reply to Cat @ 2012-07-04 14:07 from phrZ - click to readwhy everything for you is CHEAP??? do you have a SG3?

• 2012-07-09 15:12
  • SugK

> In reply to lc3287 @ 2012-07-04 09:43 from RIIU - click to readBatt does last a day just on the Padfone alone, thats with alot of bluetooth along with browsing texting and calling. Got home and its around 23% left, this is set to High performance mode too so powersaving or balanced mode would be better I assume :-)

• 2012-07-05 20:16
  • nE{}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-11 10:58 from UNUb - click to readIt's spelled "Asus".
Asus is anything but cheap, being Samsung the cheap company. That's why you get better prices in comparison to the competition while still having somewhat decent equipment.

That said, the Padfone per se seems somewhat at par to the S2, better processor still mind you, but the core feature of the Padfone is the concept of integrating with a screen to form a tablet, on top of which you can add a keyboard dock for a netbook-ish Android system. No other phone offers you this, and that's the selling concept.

If I just wanted a smarthpone? Suppose I'd get the S2 though. Cheaper, powerful enough, the S3 is clearly overpriced and the quad-core CPU is for now somewhat overrated and unnecessary.

• 2012-07-04 14:07
  • phrZ

1520mAh battery for 4.3inch 540 x 960 pixels Super AMOLED, can this Asus Padfone battery last a day ???

• 2012-07-04 09:43
  • RIIU

I like the concept, but would prefer the phone to be smaller, lighter and dust/waterproof. The HTC Hero I currently have is already at the top end of what I consider practical for a phone wrt size. My ideal phone has a 3" or smaller screen and weight below 100g, yet has the performance to match a notebook when used with an external screen and BT mouse/keyboard or docked in a pad-enclosure at home.

• 2012-07-02 14:06
  • spS7

The top half of the phone looks practically like an iPhone.

• 2012-06-20 17:57
  • Jax}

Exactly

• 2012-06-19 20:49
  • fn%C

was a iphone user,as for the padfone. it is quite good. the first few charges did not last too long . but after that it could be quite long. by the way synchronizing the contact from iphone could be difficult. due to the different contact format. but other than that its an fantastic phone.

• 2012-06-19 04:26
  • uctk

hey u both gigs of asus and samsung......
Both compnies are great in their product........samsung is now master in mobile and smartphone.....than asus is a huge foot in computer world.......
I use galaxy s2 and i also use asus motherboard fitted pc.......both were great.....
So dont be stupids friends

• 2012-06-19 04:09
  • 7tCu

Hooops still no news about price what the hell is going on why more time to take to publish amount of the full set. Is this something joke or what ?

• 2012-06-18 17:39
  • 2CYW

> In reply to karl @ 2012-06-17 11:28 from t7QS - click to readThat's where the Gorilla Glass comes in.. I have a phone with gorilla glass which i normally keep in the same pocket as my car key, no scratch whatsoever for the past year..

• 2012-06-18 15:17
  • tRgA

does any one knowa its price without the tablet

• 2012-06-18 11:05
  • vIfE

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-14 08:32 from 5i4e - click to readGalaxy s2 not being a good phone...man are you joking....why did samsung sell 20 million units and the world made it the phone of 2011.Please read some news before you make a fool of your self:)

• 2012-06-17 23:50
  • 0mVw

welll, design is between iPhone (top) and Blackberry (bottom) :D
Though, I'm interested in this phone itself, without pad.. How good/bad is the phone device part? Someone?

• 2012-06-17 21:25
  • gCU}
Total of 306 user reviews and opinions for Asus PadFone.