Asus PadFone 2 - user opinions and reviews

Asus

7.2
7.4
7.4

My padfone 2 IMEI suddenly became 0. Anyone come across this issue before? If so, any solutions?

• 2014-08-14 18:00

3.Memory.- 3 GB RAM
4.Chipset.- Snapdragon 805

• 2014-07-14 16:53
  • 3bmY

> In reply to fox @ 2014-07-01 08:51 from 3%2Z - click to readHey, It got released just yesterday (they took the end of Q2 seriously, haha). You have to manually upgrade it tho. You can look on ASUS' facebook page for links, or go to support.asus.com, search padfone 2 - go to the drivers section, download 4.4.2 upgrade under "Android OS" at the site, then you have to extract the compressed file, and copy the "ASUS" folder to the root of your internal storage. Then remove the cable, and a notification should pop up that a new upgrade is available. You should back your data up first though, but mine kept everything without syncing.

Hope this helps, and enjoy the marvelous kitkat on the PF2!

• 2014-07-01 14:30
  • F}u0

is kit-kat version release yet?

• 2014-07-01 08:51
  • 3%2Z

hello
"Image Stabilization" feature is the camera?

• 2014-06-28 14:10
  • 6wZ$

I love the Asus padfone butI got it overheated and it shut off on me what do I do

• 2014-06-22 06:54
  • 4Qee

Scrappy phone. The phone function is really sucks. lost calls in the middle. Signal getting lost even in the center of city with all other phones working. repaired twice in a month. third time it broke with touch screen and costs 375Euros. instead i will buy cheap phone worth 375Euros that works

• 2014-06-20 12:18
  • M5iq

Why Asus don't upgrade OS to Higher version such as 4.3?!! For example Galaxy S3 announced such as padfone 2 but now you can upgrade it to 4.3

• 2014-06-18 12:53
  • 3E8D

my padfone 2 cannot open until 3 day. my padfone and pad station empty of batery. why its cannot open while its in charge.

• 2014-05-19 04:32
  • fFyc

wich usb-driver is available für WS 2000 (SP4)and the padfone 2 ?
ASUS supports only from XP or newer.

• 2014-05-08 13:39
  • p6xc

itzz good.. ididnt face any problems last 9 months... :)
thanks asus...

• 2014-04-27 03:01
  • pIyy

Padfone 2 has GLONASS support but it's not mentioned in the specifications like other phones that also have GLONASS support

• 2014-04-07 14:03
  • tRxm

bought this padfone 2 and only after one week and 3 days, it gets really hot when attached to the station plus it wont boot even after charge. won't recommend to others. very dissappointed

• 2014-03-31 13:16
  • ibp1

How to upgrade the OS????

• 2014-03-13 10:20
  • Ki4Q

Incoming 4.4 upgrade fw promised. Asus announced it will be released in Q2 2014

• 2014-03-02 01:22
  • tu0u

All you have to do when the PF2 is turned off and failed to turn on, is to press the power bottom continuously until it work again (this could take about 1 min.)
I have a question; my LED notification is not working, Does anyone know how to make it work? pleas help me.

• 2014-02-26 17:53
  • dNC2

i think the desigb is really awesome, the phone feels really great in the hand

• 2014-02-14 08:50
  • ngVa

This device really has some issues. Everything is great except for the fact that (before some updates) the device turns hot even when running light apps, and I also have experienced failure in boot ups (like stocked in the Asus logo). There was also this time that it does not turn on anymore.

Here's what I did: (I know it's a hardware problem but this simple thing to do does cost nothing and it worked for me)

1) I left it charging with my PC (USB port from PC to PF2); I left it charging for about half day;

2) I also charged the tablet for about 1 or 2 hours;

3) I inserted it in the tablet, pushed the power button down for about 10 seconds, then it turned on;

4) once turned one, it rebooted, then it failed to boot again then it showed a prompt saying something like the device failed to encrypt the data (something like that) and the options are to reboot or to restore.

5) I chose restore, it deleted all my data, but my phone is useable again.

After this steps, it still went on restarting by itself. But here's what I did:

1) turned off the phone (removed from being docked).

2) make sure that it is fully charged

3) boot up to fastboot menu by pressing the decrease volume rocker and holding it down before pressing the power button.

4) i wiped the cache first, then installed the downloaded OS from Asus website (please google the step-by-step process of this as it is very long).

so far, i had no restarting problems anymore. It's more than 5 days now of continuous usage.

Hope this helps you guys. Good luck.

• 2014-02-13 10:46
  • PDJV

> In reply to ong @ 2013-12-17 18:22 from mxZU - click to readyou have to hard reset it from boot menu and it's ok

• 2014-01-19 20:43
  • J1FI

Jan05: phone went dead as a brick
Jan06: took to the service center (SHA-PRC) and warranty expires based on the S/N (manuf date Nov2012). I called hotline and they granted me a 3 months offset, so requested them to notify the service center. Hotline called me back and told me that 3 months is not offered to purchases from Taiwan, as I received as a gift on Mar2013.
Jan10: Service Center informed me that the cost to change the MBoard would be almost 2,200HKD. New Infinity cost around 3,500hkd.
> Take your conclusions!

• 2014-01-13 20:07
  • UZXM
Total of 483 user reviews and opinions for Asus PadFone 2.