Asus PadFone 2 - user opinions and reviews

Asus

7.2
7.4
7.4

> In reply to Ryan Salvatore @ 2013-01-24 16:25 from tA$b - click to readI dont want too many features in the camera..i just want the photos i take to be of good clarity..

• 2013-01-24 18:21

if you are for camera, try Sony Xperia V. it has more feature

• 2013-01-24 16:25
  • tA$b

I am in a kind of fix between 920 and padfone 2(phone alone)
I know 920 has camera advantage and padfone 2 has android adv. I am not sure about the camera of padfone 2. For me camera is kind of important.. Feedback about the camera from anyone using the phone will be helpful

• 2013-01-23 18:52
  • XmZR

Can the pad station be used as a stand-alone tablet without the phone docked in? or it only function when it is docked?

• 2013-01-23 18:45
  • IV{4

Guys I am not able to decide between padfone 2(without the tablet) and Nokia Lumia 920. For me camera is important. On paper its 13MP but I would like to get a feedback from anyone using this phone. If camera is really good i would go for this..

• 2013-01-23 17:36
  • XmZR

This phone is a great phone. love the speed and performance but lack of something that quite important
1. cannot make video call
2. while receive message or notification the screen not turn on.
3. don't have flip to mute while receiving phone call
4. call log should merge with messaging log so can view everything in the same page
5. after end call shuold appear message button so can immediately send message to the person we just talked

Really hope Asus will fix on these things

• 2013-01-23 15:51
  • tugD

Awesome phone! It's fast, has a great screen, one of the best camera's and a solid body with good looks!

Padfone Station works very well only the screen quality is not as nice compared to the phone, which is offcourse due to the relatively low resolution and therefor lesser PPI (pixel density).

I find it unfortunate that Asus does not have such a big name in smartphone country as of yet because they really do have the potential as a brand and this phone proves it in my opinion!

• 2013-01-20 23:50
  • 3Ke$

Antutu on jelly Bean 4.1.1...!!! 21864 points , amazing fast smartphone

• 2013-01-19 01:25
  • LaNq

Can you buy the phone without the tablet?? And where is it being sold in the uk?? I havent seen it on currys or carphonesale. Thanks

• 2013-01-18 16:56
  • gxJ{

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-16 13:59 from xv7a - click to readNot in mine! The camera works perfectly and have a good quality!

• 2013-01-18 13:56
  • ndMk

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-16 13:59 from xv7a - click to readThanks for that,saw your reply just in time :)

• 2013-01-18 13:28
  • wfDk

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-16 11:00 from wfDk - click to readThe camera stinks really bad. I tell ya.

• 2013-01-16 13:59
  • xv7a

review please!!!

• 2013-01-16 11:33
  • MAu3

> In reply to AzK @ 2013-01-05 17:22 from 2CaM - click to readI'm seriously considering the PadFone 2 but I'm interested to hear your opinion of the quality of the photos. I know it's 13megapixels but I've seen reviews that say the photos have a 'blue tinge'. As I'm a photo enthusiast this is important to me. Thanks.

• 2013-01-16 11:00
  • wfDk

HSDPA 900 / 2100 work on UK network?

• 2013-01-15 21:25
  • n5PL

can't make a video call with this fone!! damn!!

• 2013-01-15 10:00
  • PUA2

> In reply to Anon @ 2012-12-27 06:55 from tZk9 - click to readin msia the price is rm2599 32GB.. i already have it since 3 weeks ago..

• 2013-01-12 07:12
  • PUA2

I notice that the specifications display two lots of HSDPA bands. One has only 900/2100, the other has 850/900/1700/1900/2100. Is there a difference in models for different countries?

• 2013-01-07 02:51
  • MfyM

> In reply to AzK @ 2013-01-05 17:22 from 2CaM - click to readThanks for the review..still waiting for the 64gb in Malaysia...

• 2013-01-06 10:24
  • PS6t

Just bought this from DWI digital cameras, link below. Purchased on the 26th of December(public holiday), shipped on 2nd of Jan, received on 4th on January. I ended up paying $920AUD(64GB & Pad station) inc express & ins shipping with DHL. So I can vouch for DWI in terms of shipping of the item.

The phone itself is great since I now can use the phone and not have to worry about it dying on me towards end of the night since I work 2 jobs. I am using it with telstra atm since it has LTE. I like the idea I can use the "pad station" to charge the phone when it is connected. You can actually choose other modes to balance the power when docked as well. The Phone itself is great and picked up the jelly bean update as soon as it was connected to my wifi.

I used ES file browser connect to my other devices on my home network and streaming & copying works great. I get speeds upto 1.5MB/s when copying over wifi to the phone.

The phone is nice to handle and doesn't get hot like my HTC velocity. It is speedy and responsive. I just have trouble finding accessories suited specifically for the padfone 2.

The only issue I had was it came as chinese default but is easy to change to english, using youtube video tutorials. End of the day it is a smartphone so real use battery life will suffer since it is a very powerful device. But with the docking station makes it more bearable. And I can actually use it in the tablet mode as well so I don't "need" to carry another device.

• 2013-01-05 17:22
  • 2CaM
Total of 490 user reviews and opinions for Asus PadFone 2.