Asus PadFone 2 - user opinions and reviews

Asus

7.2
7.4
7.4

How to upgrade the OS????

• 2014-03-13 10:20
  • Ki4Q

Incoming 4.4 upgrade fw promised. Asus announced it will be released in Q2 2014

• 2014-03-02 01:22
  • tu0u

All you have to do when the PF2 is turned off and failed to turn on, is to press the power bottom continuously until it work again (this could take about 1 min.)
I have a question; my LED notification is not working, Does anyone know how to make it work? pleas help me.

• 2014-02-26 17:53
  • dNC2

i think the desigb is really awesome, the phone feels really great in the hand

• 2014-02-14 08:50
  • ngVa

This device really has some issues. Everything is great except for the fact that (before some updates) the device turns hot even when running light apps, and I also have experienced failure in boot ups (like stocked in the Asus logo). There was also this time that it does not turn on anymore.

Here's what I did: (I know it's a hardware problem but this simple thing to do does cost nothing and it worked for me)

1) I left it charging with my PC (USB port from PC to PF2); I left it charging for about half day;

2) I also charged the tablet for about 1 or 2 hours;

3) I inserted it in the tablet, pushed the power button down for about 10 seconds, then it turned on;

4) once turned one, it rebooted, then it failed to boot again then it showed a prompt saying something like the device failed to encrypt the data (something like that) and the options are to reboot or to restore.

5) I chose restore, it deleted all my data, but my phone is useable again.

After this steps, it still went on restarting by itself. But here's what I did:

1) turned off the phone (removed from being docked).

2) make sure that it is fully charged

3) boot up to fastboot menu by pressing the decrease volume rocker and holding it down before pressing the power button.

4) i wiped the cache first, then installed the downloaded OS from Asus website (please google the step-by-step process of this as it is very long).

so far, i had no restarting problems anymore. It's more than 5 days now of continuous usage.

Hope this helps you guys. Good luck.

• 2014-02-13 10:46
  • PDJV

> In reply to ong @ 2013-12-17 18:22 from mxZU - click to readyou have to hard reset it from boot menu and it's ok

• 2014-01-19 20:43
  • J1FI

Jan05: phone went dead as a brick
Jan06: took to the service center (SHA-PRC) and warranty expires based on the S/N (manuf date Nov2012). I called hotline and they granted me a 3 months offset, so requested them to notify the service center. Hotline called me back and told me that 3 months is not offered to purchases from Taiwan, as I received as a gift on Mar2013.
Jan10: Service Center informed me that the cost to change the MBoard would be almost 2,200HKD. New Infinity cost around 3,500hkd.
> Take your conclusions!

• 2014-01-13 20:07
  • UZXM

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-10 08:14 from 7svL - click to readAt first i did have issues with speed typing due to its sensitivity. But after i set the touch and hold delay in settings > Accessibily to "medium" or "long" my typing seems to improve. Setting it to short does mess up my speed typing.

• 2013-12-20 03:52
  • v0qZ

> In reply to FarFa @ 2013-05-18 16:05 from m@7D - click to readmy padfone2 is not working now,cannot switch on , i bought only 5 month , what can i do now !!!! really sick of it . drive me crazy !!!!

• 2013-12-17 18:22
  • mxZU

> In reply to Riz @ 2013-02-13 14:05 from PU0@ - click to readI have the same problem. Did you solve it and how. Please help me!!!

• 2013-12-15 16:37
  • 0Egx

So this s me typingsin tealet, th ouc senssity is aful. I only se e ablet to watch films, apart fom that its litealy uselss. The hoe itsself is azing, o faults....yet, dropped it a number of timsan fred the worst bu all fine, as yo c see the tbet itelf is good fo nothing.

• 2013-12-10 08:14
  • 7svL

A piece of shit, I've bought it for about a year, but it turned off twice and never turned on, I sent it to warranty and in both times they replaced the new motherboard and battery and sub main with new ones.
it has good spec but does not has quality.
and also I lost all my data all my videos and photos and videos.

• 2013-11-22 11:14
  • HI%x

been using this phone and its tablet dock for a year now. zero problems. not one. i did drop the tablet and damage the screen which i have now repaired myself.

100% good phone and very reliable. phone itself has survived a number of drops. asus competitors posting negative comments likely to bolster their own business. very dirty, will avoid samsung & apple as you are likely culprits.

• 2013-11-18 10:47
  • uKax

Been using this device for almost a year. Sent for warranty repair for 3 times due to phone restarting, OS corrupted and motherboard failure. Precious data/files lost after reformatting it. This device is innovative indeed but its problems are too much to handle. (Wondering if i can get a refund...sigh)

• 2013-11-11 09:31
  • M7rk

What a nightmare ....the worst decision I've ever made in my life is to buy this phone . The function and capability has no question about it is one of the best but it just can't last even for 6 months !! Mother board shut down twice can't turn on and change the mother board twice !! and asus can't retrieve all my important data!!! Idiot !!! I lost all my photos , video , documents , contacts .....after asus replace me twice the mother board n it still faulty here n there.....got too much issue to mention about this phone . Whoever thinking of buying this phone please don't do it u will felt cheated !!! Worst phone ever !!!

• 2013-11-10 19:02
  • tV4e

I bought the 64GB padfone 2 (together with the docking station pad) from Taiwan and it worked well for about 8 months. The charging connector is very flimsy. I think the charging connector must have a design fault. Never in all my years of owning any mobile phones (Nokia, Blackberry, HTC and Samsung) that a charging connector is so flimsy and 'broken' within Sometime the phone freeze but after reboot it it go back to normal. Soon after it stopped charging. Called UK ASUS customer support and he never heard of the product and said 'The phone is too new, so you will have to paid us to check what is wrong, than after they will tell me how much they will charge me to repair it' The phone is supposedly in warranty. I was told it have 12 months when I bought it in Taiwan. When I log the issue with ASUS com they said it was 'local warrenty' so given me a number to contact 0800-093-456. That number was not contactable outside Taiwan. The company acknowledge there is problem with their phone http://www.asus.com/tw/News/2xymPUgwfwFZ3yP2 and
http://www.asus.com/tw/News/IOkzw7fDcerZuFoJ but trying to contact them to get your phone repair or replace is impossible. Never buy another ASUS product again.

• 2013-11-01 22:40
  • 3GUT

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-08-17 11:53 from N9@T - click to readAre you still interested in getting the station?

• 2013-10-19 05:13
  • YTxx

this phone was released same date with nexus4 which got android 4.3 running. why still 4.1.1? Asus software staff sleeping? what to do? buy infinity and wait infinitely....?

• 2013-10-08 16:26
  • IVAA

It should be running android 4.3 by now. Don't know why its not upgraded yet. User Paid Top price for these gadget, this padfone beats (Won in high Price category) buying An individual Phone & individual Tablet.

• 2013-10-08 15:36
  • wHTU

If Padfone 2 is not upgraded up to JB4.2 till 4.4, why should us consumer buy that padfone infinity? Coz it might not get JB4.3/4.4 after years of android 4.4 or 5.0 released. Unless Custom firmware is out first by independent developer, even a used htc one x is same value (price) with a padfone2 (Phone only - not comparing padfone include with tab). Curious??? since one x only 1gb ram & slightly dated CPU+Adreno225. Coz custom firmware developer still support that phone.

• 2013-10-08 14:33
  • wHTU
Total of 490 user reviews and opinions for Asus PadFone 2.