Asus PadFone 2 - user opinions and reviews

Asus

7.2
7.4
7.4

Been using for 8 months, was sent to service centre twice due to faulty.

Scratches on display (phone) because of sliding in and out.

Was told by Asus that there is nothing in this world is not have scratches.

Fingerprint all over the screen even the specification stated very clearly that is anti-fingerprint coating.

So, this is the first time also the last time for me for being Asus customer.

• 2013-08-24 15:31
  • ibnD

> In reply to RonZ @ 2013-08-12 12:00 from PSha - click to readSell the tablet to me if u aint using it

• 2013-08-17 11:53
  • N9@T

I'm from Finland, have had Padfone 2 now for 2 months and mainly without any problems. For me best system for now (earlier had Galaxy tab 2 + Sony Xperia Acro S)
Best points are good camera, station/phone activity, and surely that you have everything in one device. Only negative point has been that battery wont last as much as hoped but in this case station helps lot while moving

• 2013-08-15 13:28
  • pWQn

As a follow up from my previous post. I have got my phone back from repair and it is a faulty main board. So they swapped one bad main board for another bad main board. The new one has faulty microphone component and another main board needed to be install. Outrageous to receive a faulty product and they claim to have fixed it.

The customer service made a lot of false promise and said they will have a follow up but ended up not doing it.

I will avoid this company from now on. The phone caused a lot with the tablet and now I felt cheated.

GG ASUS!!!

• 2013-08-12 12:00
  • PSha

> In reply to MK Denmark @ 2013-08-04 11:23 from iyPd - click to readsame problem ..but plus my station is not working and my phone camera is full big dust !! i hate this phone

• 2013-08-10 14:19
  • mi2W

Had since December last year. It is a powerful phone, but since April had caused a lot of trouble. It was been bricked twice and OS unable to restart once(had to wipe, couldn't recover data). The customer service had been very slow even living in HK, communication have been poor. Beside the faulty phone problem and the awful customer service, the phone is a power house... Too bad though.

• 2013-08-05 08:41
  • PSha

THIS PFONE SUCKS, I have never have so many problems with a phone, breakdowns and errors. It was send for repair once, but I just got other problems, like suddenly it freezes for the whole uppper screen so the touch cannot be used.

• 2013-08-04 11:23
  • iyPd

Epic life time, having the possibility to charge phone without charger (using pad station) is epic feature, im really eager to see kits by asus and 3rd party companies that will give more versatility to this device (keyboard and case perhaps).

All in all, its a tech pearl you ought to try out at least for a week.

• 2013-08-04 00:40
  • JKWi

why it's not available in Egypt :(

• 2013-08-01 20:59
  • iA0U

Hey ! :> my name is david and I got my padfone 2 for 4000 at alina,se (im not for promoting a site but theyr great) the first thing im going to review is the keyboard not much to say but I am writing on my padfone right now it has a different design that works great and improves speed,second thing is protection it never gets warn pulled in screen and handy, still nice in the hand, metal (i think ITS metal) thing round the whole fone and ITS not connected to anything that can be broken inside the phone saved,me some times :) and the last thing is the Amazing battery saver ASUS power saver does things like turns off Wi-Fi when phone is resting and only the normal battery has SO much better battery time, far more better than iphone 5 and samsung s3/s4 its the best battery i have ever used and really short time to load your battery too.the phone looks great, to some info im a 13 year old boy who is right now writing this review while im sick just because i am so happy with this phone and wants other people to know how great it is.classes easily out samsung,apple and HTC any time (tried em all) thanks :)

• 2013-07-17 15:15
  • S3eB

Non removable batteries? Annoying, but alright. I plan on buying this phone. Are there any issues with it other than heating and relatively bad customer support?

• 2013-07-14 13:35
  • p7%P

I had this phone 7 days, and I had problem with ear speaker. It seems to be not clean while making conversation with someone. Is someone else having this problem ?

• 2013-07-13 20:24
  • LiQa

I'm a Padfone 2 user in Singapore. I got the phone under a contract with Starhub in December 2012 and have been using it for around 7 months. I think I can give some review based on my own experience

(Recenly I dropped by phone, screen blackout, no crack, still running on station and I'm sending it to Asus service centre while they have really bad reputation. All the best to me)

1. Camera
- So far no camera dust problem for me.
- Quality photo under certain condition eg daytime and outdoor. Indoor photo quality is kinda meh but still considered as ok. With sufficient sunlight: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QDi8...6%5B1%5D.jpg Indoor: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BB4z...5B1%255D.jpg

2. Lag
- Not so much of a problem. When I have lots of apps running and installed it lags a bit but it's really smooth overall

3. Heat
- Heat yes. There's a metal line around the casing it can get really hot but I hardly notice that nowadasy (probably get used to it)

4. Battery
- I believe all smart phone roughly have the same problem: if you have 3G on and have bright screen display then yes it consumes battery really fast.
- You can use the station to CHARGE (you can turn off the charging option though) the phone
- No it doesn't take 8 hours to charge it. It can be charged as fast as the battery is consumed lol

5. Port problem
- Found no problem with the port?

6. Repair
- I do agree that because this is not a commonly used phone and Asus is not a brand which produces mainly mobiles/smartphones, it'd be quite difficult if you have a problem with that (not as common as Samsung or Apple) and need to exchange/fix the phone. :/ (Also take note that I'm referring to Singapore)

Conclusion:
I bought it to try out something new. Since I'm not very choosy so I guess there's no problem for me. The only reason I wouldn't recommend people to buy is because of everything after-sales: since I heard so many bad comments. I am heading to service centre in these few days so let's hope for the best. C'mon Asus do something

• 2013-07-09 05:52
  • 9C4A

What about camera dust problem ?

• 2013-07-01 21:03
  • 3LUT

> In reply to combe @ 2013-06-28 18:22 from s0MT - click to readI have been using it for 6 months and I have never felt any lag.. HEAT is a big YES. It gets heated pretty quickly. I got a new case and I am not feeling the heat on my palms much now eventhough it can be pretty hot on the edges..

• 2013-07-01 18:47
  • vG4c

Hi guys! I would like to buy only smartphone without station. So, is it good or bad phone and his performance? Is it lag or heating ??
Thanks guys!!

• 2013-06-28 18:22
  • s0MT

I love it when I first find and see it through this gsm site. I hope it will be the best screen display as I hope from my previous samsung galaxy s2 phone. While my proud is quite seen such my nokia c5, I'm still love it and seems originated. The word originated I mean it has a neutral applicators for people and it's the most convenience and satisfaction it's among as it's best. I know now nokia has back downward nowadays but I feel amongs many confusing chipset, I'm still hold into my originally non nokia-belle in it's chipset.

For almost new years after, I realised that many phones are quite possible to suit me like my previous s2 but result i have crack and rust beside the phone because it totally cheap plastic to me. But it different than the samsung galaxy ace it it has a nice plastic body it different from an expensive to the cheapest phone that sold in world today!

My comment on padfone 2, I have an Asus Transformer Pad TF300T not 3g and it has a 8 MP camera, it so satisfied me altho it doesn't have a LED flashlight, it already give me a favor. For instance, every phone camera has their own specific qualitines, rather you just buy it without unknown the spec of the phone. Like HTC One, it has a blinkfeed and zoe I need to try it. Because the next phone I really need to buy. But I do really love Asus Padfone 2 cos of it screen display just it's only corning gorilla glass 1 than HTC 2. And I scared Asus didn't have any mechanist repair for programming and spareparts. But I still really support Asus no matter what from my Asus pad and also my laptop. But next thing I best bet for mine myself is HTC one. I don't know what's the quality of the product and what's the best for me. It's important! Just in case I have like spell with this HTC One as the best!

GOODLUCK TO ME! :)

• 2013-06-25 10:11
  • XMk$

I am Aghil.I am from Iran.I like it

• 2013-06-18 13:13
  • asW}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-06-10 12:31 from g8qq - click to readNo it's not. Are you talking about the phone or the tablet or both?

• 2013-06-12 04:19
  • q{cQ

> In reply to Georgi Simeonov @ 2013-05-09 17:10 from 0BIx - click to readi bought it 3 days ago is it normal that it needs more than 8 hrs for the battery to becom full?

• 2013-06-10 12:31
  • g8qq
Total of 483 user reviews and opinions for Asus PadFone 2.