Asus PadFone 2 - user opinions and reviews

Asus

7.2
7.4
7.4

What about camera dust problem ?

• 2013-07-01 21:03
  • 3LUT

> In reply to combe @ 2013-06-28 18:22 from s0MT - click to readI have been using it for 6 months and I have never felt any lag.. HEAT is a big YES. It gets heated pretty quickly. I got a new case and I am not feeling the heat on my palms much now eventhough it can be pretty hot on the edges..

• 2013-07-01 18:47
  • vG4c

Hi guys! I would like to buy only smartphone without station. So, is it good or bad phone and his performance? Is it lag or heating ??
Thanks guys!!

• 2013-06-28 18:22
  • s0MT

I love it when I first find and see it through this gsm site. I hope it will be the best screen display as I hope from my previous samsung galaxy s2 phone. While my proud is quite seen such my nokia c5, I'm still love it and seems originated. The word originated I mean it has a neutral applicators for people and it's the most convenience and satisfaction it's among as it's best. I know now nokia has back downward nowadays but I feel amongs many confusing chipset, I'm still hold into my originally non nokia-belle in it's chipset.

For almost new years after, I realised that many phones are quite possible to suit me like my previous s2 but result i have crack and rust beside the phone because it totally cheap plastic to me. But it different than the samsung galaxy ace it it has a nice plastic body it different from an expensive to the cheapest phone that sold in world today!

My comment on padfone 2, I have an Asus Transformer Pad TF300T not 3g and it has a 8 MP camera, it so satisfied me altho it doesn't have a LED flashlight, it already give me a favor. For instance, every phone camera has their own specific qualitines, rather you just buy it without unknown the spec of the phone. Like HTC One, it has a blinkfeed and zoe I need to try it. Because the next phone I really need to buy. But I do really love Asus Padfone 2 cos of it screen display just it's only corning gorilla glass 1 than HTC 2. And I scared Asus didn't have any mechanist repair for programming and spareparts. But I still really support Asus no matter what from my Asus pad and also my laptop. But next thing I best bet for mine myself is HTC one. I don't know what's the quality of the product and what's the best for me. It's important! Just in case I have like spell with this HTC One as the best!

GOODLUCK TO ME! :)

• 2013-06-25 10:11
  • XMk$

I am Aghil.I am from Iran.I like it

• 2013-06-18 13:13
  • asW}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-06-10 12:31 from g8qq - click to readNo it's not. Are you talking about the phone or the tablet or both?

• 2013-06-12 04:19
  • q{cQ

> In reply to Georgi Simeonov @ 2013-05-09 17:10 from 0BIx - click to readi bought it 3 days ago is it normal that it needs more than 8 hrs for the battery to becom full?

• 2013-06-10 12:31
  • g8qq

> In reply to LloydS @ 2013-06-01 06:25 from q{cQ - click to readHi LloydS,
Actually it depends on how you define "VERY GOOD". If you compare Padfone2 with my 4.5 years old iPhone 3G, yes, of course both battery and camera are very good. But if you consider the price (in my case 7500 Swedish krona = 1100$), and if you consider the announced specification, it cannot even called “bad”! The resolution of camera is very high (13MP), but we all know that a high megapixel doesn't mean a high quality photo. Photos get very noisy with Padfone2’s camera.
To be honest, there are some good points: I very liked the concept of Padfone. It is an excellent idea, very practical and very useful. The screen of the phone (and not the station) is excellent, I can say better than iPhone and Samsung. It has very nice design and very good feeling in hand.
But I wish another company made the device.

• 2013-06-08 11:29
  • m@7D

It's a quality phone, both camera and battery are exceptional!

• 2013-06-07 11:50
  • RKa0

Every thing is Ok as a Android phone. If your using more than 10 min its getting so heat. Battery also not good.
Getting so heat with in a short time and battery 100% charging time is more that 3 hours.

• 2013-06-04 09:00
  • PUS@

> In reply to LloydS @ 2013-06-01 06:25 from q{cQ - click to readYou know...I have it and I think its great, I mean camera!

• 2013-06-03 10:44
  • 3E8$

> In reply to FarFa @ 2013-05-18 16:05 from m@7D - click to readIm so confused. GSM says that the camera is very good but others are saying it's horrible. I'm hearing the battery lays long, others are saying it doesn't. Very confused don't know who to trust. GSM also said the battery was pretty good. I wonder if there is a problem with some of these phones.

Only the service with Asus seems true as they never had good customer service anyone who bought gaming laptops from them ought to know.

• 2013-06-01 06:25
  • q{cQ

Have had mine for 1,5 moths.

LOVE the consept and general usability.

Downsides found so far:
- camera is crap compared to 3 years old HTC desire s that i had.
- Charging Port is Broken! from pad after 1,5 mohts of normal use. Asus says it will not be repaired for guarantine! (i assume get some kind of quality with the money)
- I have needed to make boot and erase the phone twice (recommended by asus service) in order to get it start normally and NOT to heat.

If I had all the money in the world I would buy few in the stock and just toss the bad one for repair every now and then. Still love it. Only sad about the quality and Asus Service.

• 2013-05-30 17:46
  • x@dC

4G LTE ready, Cool!

• 2013-05-30 11:31
  • bJb0

Be aware of the port problems!!! Hopeless support. Have 2 phones and tablets, and 3 of the 4 devices have damaged ports after 3 months. One has been put in repair, 72 days later still not fixed. As much as I like the concept, I would advice others to stay aware from this phone until what I think is a design fault is fixed.

• 2013-05-27 09:20
  • g88r

How can I use its NFC??
I tried with Nexus 7, GS3, Note 2... but none of them responded to my "Screen Tapping".

• 2013-05-25 07:20
  • St7x

> In reply to JoBabana @ 2013-04-09 08:29 from IV8S - click to readit is normal for it to heat up but the battery life sould be quite good. My one lasts for around 2 days if i answer a few calls, maybe some games etc

• 2013-05-25 01:24
  • XrtN

I knew it was the right decision to buy this phone, i am very satisfied it. The design is great, it feels good to hold in your hands, it's not a cheap plastic feeling and the backlight of the phone is great, even in direct sunlight i am able to see what happens on the screen without having to hide it from the sun. And now the reason i got the phone, the tablet! That has to be one of the most unique inventions in phone history but it is indeed a bit expensive. 95% of the timesi dock it into the station it works, however if it dont vibrate when you dock it there will be no reaction. I just unplug it and plug it again, then it works. Now a few disadvantages, when sliding into the tablet make sure there isnt any sand or anything in the dock because that easily leaves invisible scratches on the button panel on the phone (Not a big deal) but still. And it gets quite hot quickly but it is a quadcore after all and theres nothing to cool it so my shot would be that it feels like the metal feels hotter than plastic. But if you like the idea behind a phone and a tablet in one theres only one thing to say.. GO FOR IT!

• 2013-05-24 16:03
  • pWbN

TOTALLY WASTE OF MONEY.
I bought my padfone2 four months ago and only could use it for two months. I broke the LCD screen around two months ago and thereafter it is in repair process and still waiting for the phone!!!!
There are lots of other issues, the battery last only for daytime on normal using and 4G.
The phone get very hot when playing game, sometimes you can't keep it in hand.
The camera lens got dusty after a month + very low photo quality (don't pay attention to 13MP).
And if you are one of those who like accessories, you will be totally disappointed; absolutely few accessories you can find for the phone and those few original ones are very expensive and not useful.

• 2013-05-18 16:05
  • m@7D

I bought the Padfone 2 based on the spec. My only issue before i purchased it was if i loose my money as a result of buying it from China. Boy did i underestimate the problems encountered as this concern was nothing compared withthe warrenty issues and the defect with the phone charging point. Although i feel it is my fault the usb connection constantly drops off as it is not a normal micro usb, so your tempted to push the connector quite hard to get it to stay in. In a moving car it is a circus act worthy of an aplause if you get it to charge. i have sent my phone back to ASUS which have a Holland base for repairs about 3 weeks now and i am still waiting for them to let me know how much the repairs will cost and when it will be sent back to me. Such a shame as it is a good concept and the phone is nearly there but i do regret purchasing it

• 2013-05-15 13:53
  • 9Jxa
Total of 490 user reviews and opinions for Asus PadFone 2.