Asus PadFone Infinity - user opinions and reviews

Asus

7.6

> In reply to Paul @ 2014-03-12 18:46 from xZZ2 - click to readIt happened the same with me. What did you do? You resend to Asus? I don't know what I do... I'm very disappointed! I should have bought a little more expensive even in Europe! (299 Europe) x (257 Taiwan but with problems?) Answer me about what you did, right? :)

• 2014-04-06 21:49
  • 0S6V

Unfortunately, I was one of the unlucky ones whose phone malfunctioned. More precisely, its loudspeaker stopped functioning and obviously, from that day onward, I was no longer able to use it as a normal phone.

Beware if you decide to buy it from Ebay, the warranty Asus provides for this phone is not International. Hence, should something stop working, in the case that you bought it from a different area, your options are to pay for repairs/servicing, see with your supplier if they can replace it, or to send it to an Asus Service Point located in the area covered by the warranty. The latter implies that you also have to pay shipping costs.

The phone itself is nice,and responsive. The OS is not much different from stock, though you do have some preinstalled non-removable apps, most of which I have found to be useless. The camera is solid with some nice features. And I really enjoy the hybrid environment you get with the Padfone Station. Plus, it really feels and looks like a high end device.

What killed the investment for me were the warranty and Asus Support. There will always be duds among products, but what I found disappointing was that World Wide warranty/service support is not provided for such an expensive device.

• 2014-03-12 18:46
  • xZZ2

this padfone can buy seperately?or they are sell seperately?

• 2014-01-08 15:32
  • PTGv

> In reply to BSAHLI @ 2013-11-30 19:25 from gxmc - click to readYour motherboard is dead and it happened to me as well. The motherboard has to be replaced it will take about 21 days in the UAE. Same thing happened to me

• 2013-12-21 16:43
  • mTZ4

I Just bought padfone infinity 2 days ago, now the smart phone suffered from the sudden death, and doesn't response for charging or to pad station, it just death i don't now why or how to solve it .

• 2013-11-30 19:25
  • gxmc

• 2013-11-30 19:21
  • gxmc

Do not brake your phone. I was very satisfied with my phone until I broke the screen. Now I found out that ASUS has the worst customer service of all phone companies as the phone needs (in the EU9 to be send to an eastern european country to be repaired and the send back. 14 Days it will take, honestly who can be without your phone for 14 days?? They will not sell spare parts to any of the normal phone repair shops !!!!!!!!!!
I will never buy ASUS again for this reason. I want a max of 3 days repair time- or walk around the corner... this is not 1990 but 2013!!!

• 2013-11-19 15:28
  • 3I{V

Poor in camera.....

• 2013-11-10 14:00
  • ib6Q

Poor in camera.....

• 2013-11-10 14:00
  • ib6Q

Why Asus quietly changes the battery from Li-Ion to Li-Po?
No wonder my friend say his Infinity doesn't last like my Padfone2

• 2013-11-10 12:22
  • uRF8

I just baught it and I am very content. It is a very powerfull tool. Since it is expensive, even for its unique feature - the tablet station, I wouldn't advise buying this overpriced device unless you are willing to use its tablet capabilities to a good extent. Its tablet-phone switching isn't too well implemented either and I do experience some Wi-Fi shortcomings. It is built well but I would strongly advise buying a case at least for the phone immediately as its big size and shape make it prone to bad handing (I'd recomend a slim wallet type case).

• 2013-11-06 15:12
  • BEQX

> In reply to parisa @ 2013-10-23 21:36 from B}uf - click to readi think this problem is from your computer because i have same smart phone and i can connect it 2 pc easily

• 2013-10-31 15:14
  • 3PrF

hi, i'm glad that u r happy. i've bought the same phone recently i have problem connecting it to pc wile phone is inside the tablet, my computer dose not recognize it at all. although i could't download the asus sync...
could u please help

• 2013-10-23 21:36
  • B}uf

> In reply to Asleep @ 2013-10-08 18:51 from vV5G - click to readLG Nexus 4 is a nexus device and it will get all the android updates before other non nexus devices.

• 2013-10-22 11:32
  • tU9q

I changed to this phone from my old HTC sensation xe. This phone is just so sexy and superb, I was actually going to wait for the new asus padfone infinity to launch in my country, but I couldnt wait anymore so I got this instead with the pad station, this is just so awesome.
For those who are very specific on the design on the phone, this phone will not let you down. Carrying this phone around would definitely attract a glance from passerbys, the aluminum back cover is just so sleek and sexy, the huge front screen is is just like a black tourmaline mirror.

Regarding the usage, this phone runs very smooth, 32gb version has got enough storage for me as a medium to light user. The phone runs as the motherboard of the padstation, it can cause the phone to warm up but not to an extreme extend, only around 36-37 degree celcius.

Warning: when using the phone with the padstation, I recommend you not to charge it while using as it will cause heat up problems.

Overall, Im very pleased with the money I spent on this and the quality I get back. Super super good.

• 2013-10-16 01:16
  • fxMR

Their Tech department is sleeping.. that's why slow update 4.2.2, even LGNexus4 gets 4.3. Asus tech is really still Asleep...

• 2013-10-08 18:51
  • vV5G

when is the android os update coming for this model? come on asus. this is your flagship phone and it is not even 4.2.2.

• 2013-09-24 16:01
  • PUmB

> In reply to yohan @ 2013-09-07 10:33 from Tr3Q - click to readGot a padfone 2 for about 5 months now, suffering from the phone not charging for the 2nd time and I never use the dock, it appears the phone wont charge because one of the pins that fits on the dock is kinda lose ( p.s. i still dont use the ****ing dock ) service center is terrible too... really dissapointed great phone which have a couple of major problems with no support what so ever. I live in abu dhabi and got this **** from thailand

• 2013-09-21 10:36
  • Ntfm
  • JustPartiallySeduced
  • Rating0

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-09-14 06:47 from v0qT - click to readExactly my thoughts - but the likely problem: the marketing dudes getting too (that is: even more) confused! Is it a phone, a tablet or a laptop? And the sales guys having to explain the even heftier price tag... you get the idea!

• 2013-09-18 13:42
  • a4RD

I've read that the external display uses a MyDP cable, not MHL cable. Haven't tested it yet, but that explains why my MHL cables don't work with the PF Infinity.

• 2013-09-18 05:23
  • Mfxa
Total of 232 user reviews and opinions for Asus PadFone Infinity.