Asus PadFone Infinity - user opinions and reviews

Asus

7.6

hi.. if i buy padfone x, can use infinity docking station? I lost my infinity phone(A80). So i have only station.

• 2014-12-07 11:30
  • P{gn

Hello I have a question so I have an ASUS PadFone X and I cracked the screen and I'm having trouble finding a replacement screen will the screen from an ASUS PadFone infinity A80 fit on the PadFone X?

• 2014-11-24 22:07
  • 8iZ6

> In reply to NAC @ 2014-07-22 21:26 from 0Zy8 - click to readHi, I have the same experience. The wifi does not work properly with padfone alone, however works fine when used with the pad.

• 2014-09-21 09:25
  • nCex

> In reply to Juliano @ 2014-04-06 21:49 from 0S6V - click to readAnother thing you could consider is sending it to a service point near your location. You will have to pay administration fees (35-60 euros). If it is only the loudspeaker or a cheap component that needs to be replaced, then this way will probably end up being cheaper than shipping it to the remote service point where repairs for your device are covered.

The caveat is that, if the service guys say you need a replacement motherboard, then that is 35-60 euros down the drain, as replacement costs for mobos are in the range of 300 euros. (which is never worth it for an 1 year old device)

But hear this piece of Asus service lunacy out. I first send my malfunctioned phone to a service point in Netherlands. The guys here told me that along with the speaker, the mobo also had to be replaced. (costs upwards of 300 euros PLUS admin costs) I rejected repairs so ended paying for service costs only.

Then I sent it through my supplier to a service point in Asia where I was told that they only had to replace the loudspeaker. At that point, I got absolutely livid as I couldn't understand how two service points operating for the same company could come to differing conclusions. I asked for explanations, never got any. In the end, the loudspeaker replacement fix proved to be proper. My device is fully functional, too bad I bought a Moto G in the meantime and am using that fulltime :))

My advice to anyone is keep away from this series of Asus padfones. They are not reliable enough and the service you get is questionable. You can get similar quality without much of these hurdles. Asus is a very good brand for laptops, not so much for smartphone devices it seems.

• 2014-08-30 19:06
  • 6wJN

> In reply to Juliano @ 2014-04-06 21:49 from 0S6V - click to readSorry. Only now I got to see your comment. I was fortunate enough that the supplier provided me with an option where they would pay shipping costs in case of malfunction within the warranty period. This was stipulated in the offer, but I had to be insistent with them before they acted.

If your supplier didn't offer you such an option, the only thing you can do is send the phone to a service point in a country where your warranty covers repairs. Depending on how much shipping costs, it might or it might not be worth it.

• 2014-08-30 18:50
  • 6wJN

> In reply to Amin NB @ 2014-06-01 18:44 from L6Wx - click to readHi, It happened to me. It is the switch inside the slot that occasionally does not release itself. You just have to do a little twist to the phone as you insert it in the slot. Good luck.
By the way, the wifi of the phone in stand alone mode does not work propoerly; with the pad works fine. Any similar experience?

• 2014-07-22 21:26
  • 0Zy8

The Asus Infinity padfone was the answer to my phone searching days. BUT the screen/LCD cracks before you know it. The Touch capability disappears and the phone becomes useless. There is no one replacing the screens and the guarantee doesn't work nor exist. i had both the pouch and screen protector but it didnt help. PLEASE ASUS DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE SCREEN..

• 2014-06-21 04:15
  • frVc

i bought it 6 month age, the phone is perfect ,very nice, fast , high quality & useful but the station is not. it wrecked after a while in spite of a rarely use and wont start. i sent it for guaranty 1.5 months age and no answer were given. during a search in the web i found out that too many people had the same problem with the station either.

• 2014-06-01 18:47
  • L6Wx

• 2014-06-01 18:44
  • L6Wx

I buy my Fadfhone last 3 weeks ago, my prob is during charging in off mode I cannot see the charging bar so I dont know if its full or not..

• 2014-05-02 21:25
  • Kkpt

> In reply to Paul @ 2014-03-12 18:46 from xZZ2 - click to readIt happened the same with me. What did you do? You resend to Asus? I don't know what I do... I'm very disappointed! I should have bought a little more expensive even in Europe! (299 Europe) x (257 Taiwan but with problems?) Answer me about what you did, right? :)

• 2014-04-06 21:49
  • 0S6V

Unfortunately, I was one of the unlucky ones whose phone malfunctioned. More precisely, its loudspeaker stopped functioning and obviously, from that day onward, I was no longer able to use it as a normal phone.

Beware if you decide to buy it from Ebay, the warranty Asus provides for this phone is not International. Hence, should something stop working, in the case that you bought it from a different area, your options are to pay for repairs/servicing, see with your supplier if they can replace it, or to send it to an Asus Service Point located in the area covered by the warranty. The latter implies that you also have to pay shipping costs.

The phone itself is nice,and responsive. The OS is not much different from stock, though you do have some preinstalled non-removable apps, most of which I have found to be useless. The camera is solid with some nice features. And I really enjoy the hybrid environment you get with the Padfone Station. Plus, it really feels and looks like a high end device.

What killed the investment for me were the warranty and Asus Support. There will always be duds among products, but what I found disappointing was that World Wide warranty/service support is not provided for such an expensive device.

• 2014-03-12 18:46
  • xZZ2

this padfone can buy seperately?or they are sell seperately?

• 2014-01-08 15:32
  • PTGv

> In reply to BSAHLI @ 2013-11-30 19:25 from gxmc - click to readYour motherboard is dead and it happened to me as well. The motherboard has to be replaced it will take about 21 days in the UAE. Same thing happened to me

• 2013-12-21 16:43
  • mTZ4

I Just bought padfone infinity 2 days ago, now the smart phone suffered from the sudden death, and doesn't response for charging or to pad station, it just death i don't now why or how to solve it .

• 2013-11-30 19:25
  • gxmc

• 2013-11-30 19:21
  • gxmc

Do not brake your phone. I was very satisfied with my phone until I broke the screen. Now I found out that ASUS has the worst customer service of all phone companies as the phone needs (in the EU9 to be send to an eastern european country to be repaired and the send back. 14 Days it will take, honestly who can be without your phone for 14 days?? They will not sell spare parts to any of the normal phone repair shops !!!!!!!!!!
I will never buy ASUS again for this reason. I want a max of 3 days repair time- or walk around the corner... this is not 1990 but 2013!!!

• 2013-11-19 15:28
  • 3I{V

Poor in camera.....

• 2013-11-10 14:00
  • ib6Q

Poor in camera.....

• 2013-11-10 14:00
  • ib6Q

Why Asus quietly changes the battery from Li-Ion to Li-Po?
No wonder my friend say his Infinity doesn't last like my Padfone2

• 2013-11-10 12:22
  • uRF8
Total of 242 user reviews and opinions for Asus PadFone Infinity.