Padfone Mini 4.3 supports 3G on both sims. The dual sim functionality is nicely executed with the Dual sim option under systems allowing to choose which sim to use for making calls and which one for data (both can be different or same).
It has USB host port, so you can attach using a micro usb to usb adapter a memory stick and read and copy contents from the memory stick.
Here is my feedback for Asus Padfone Mini 4.3. I hope someone from Asus reads it and looks into ways to rectify the drawbacks.
First on the positives -
1. Unlike other padfones and other phone manufacturers, Asus did a good job of having a removable battery.
2. The dual sim card (micro sim) is another great plus.
3. Having flash and extra pixel camera, helps in geeting good night photos, compared to lot of other cameras.
4. The design is nice, glass finish looks good, very light (which is good).
5. The ringer is loud, which is important if you do not want to miss phone calls (many manufacturers forget it, these days).
6. The padfone concept is great for niche users adn helps avoid two sim connections for phone and tablet.
7. Dynamic mode works very well and for apps that do not uspport it , the app closes when in tablet mode (although manually one can reopen the app).
8. Have all the 3G bands for global use, which is nice. (Padfone original had only limited bands).
9. Very smooth to operate with no lags in either phone or tablet mode.
10. Supports,internet using usb ethernet adapter, in addition to wifi and 3G. Also supports miracast (so can mirror phone or tablet screen to TV using miracast adapter).
Now for the drawbacks -
1. Speaker volume - It is very low on calls and is barely audiable in even slighty noisy outdoor location. This device is first a phone and then a tablet and Asus should have ensured that it had loud phone speaker. Even Asus Audio wizard does not help.
2. The speaker volume cracks, when used near full volume level.
3. Battery drains very fast. Not sure , if my unit has a issue or this is common issue. If in standby mode, then battery darin is normal, but if you browse the web, play video, it drains in like two to three hours completely, which is unacceptable.
bobby, 02 Feb 2014anyone here can verify if it has video out via MHL or slimport?Just got mine, and it doesnt support mhl. I dont have a slimport adapter to test, but it does support miracast
Anonymous, 17 Feb 2014can i ask where are you from? i can find this phone anywhere in my country online.me too,and when release?
helloroti, 14 Feb 2014 hi D,The dual sim is support both 3G indovidual?Yes, you can choose whether you want to use the 3G from either SIM1 or SIM2
Regarding the loudspeaker for the calls is relatively loud for me, if i want to compare it to my last phone (HTC one X) it is a little bit louder than it but i still think it depends also to the signal of the one calling and receiving.
I think it supports almost all general languages and yes it supports greek.
Also noticed that it is better to use the battery of the tablet instead of charging the phone. If you charge the phone with 30% battery it will fully charge it with in an hour. The Pad can't charge the phone if the battery is fully drained, i think it is because it needs the phone to tell the pad to charge it. On the good side the Pad does not loose it charge if you don't used it. I fully charge the Pad and didn't used it for 2 days and found out that it is still full.
I bought mine on Ebay, it cost $466 which is not bad for me. I was in need of a dual sim phone and was really looking to buy a tablet. As a frequent traveller it is very convenient for me. The main thing i was concern if i bought a separate the tablet i think the apps on it would be likely the same as the one on my phone so it is like a plus for me to have this device. I generally use the tablet for reading and watching movies.
Will also try to remake an unboxing of it if i find a good camera and post the link here if gsmarena allows it and also to help other people that is interested on buying this.
can you please tell me what is the languages in the phone ?
and where did you buy it ?
Thank you D for your review. Can you please tell me whether you can choose Greek language out of the box?
D, 31 Jan 2014I have mine for almost a week now and all i can say is i am very happy with it. battery life o... moreAppreciate your comments in absence of detailed gsmarena review. I am planning to buy this, but one of my concerns is whether making calls using speaker phone in outdoor noisy areas ? Please let me have your comments on how you find the speaker phone while on calls (I am not looking at speaker volume for music playback etc). Also, it has Audio enhancement function, does that help with increasing speaker volume while on calls ?
have been playing some games on the phone for about a day and i didn't found any issues with it. i have been playing sonic dash, bejeweled blitz, plant vs zombies 2, cytus and robocop. all game went very smooth without any problems. another thing that i noticed is that the capacitive button on it has no light. battery was very good with the usual use of calling, texting, and gaming my phone ended with about 47% still haven't used the battery on the pad yet.
will now try the battery life of the pad. will do some usual use and also the performance of gaming if it is the same with the phone.
this is the most highest score i got after a couple of tests. will now try to do heavy gaming on in and will post how it performs. will do some basic gaming to fast paced games and some 3d games also. will post my experience as soon as i am done.
I have mine for almost a week now and all i can say is i am very happy with it. battery life on the phone is decent. docking the phone to the tablet it will take 2 seconds to load fully. you can set the behavior of the battery on the tablet if you want to charge the phone or just use the battery of the tablet. camera is quite good never tried the video recording on it yet. still have to test playing heavy games on it. the sound quality of the speaker is good. the display for me is very nice it feels like HTC one x. call quality is good, never tried speakerphone on it yet. touchscreen response is good. only thing i just notice is you can't transfer your apps to the sd card, it doesn't have the menu on the setting to transfer to sd card, tried already some apps but doesn't support the phone. hopefully some developers make an app on it.
using it as a tablet feels like a whole different experience as it behave as a tablet and not a phone. the home screen changes from 4 shortcut icons (phone) to 6 shortcut icons (tablet). display is not top notch but still good. really loved sending sms on the tablet cause it has split screen on it.
there is still a lot of things i still need to explore and learn from the phone and tablet. will try to post again my user experience on it also the benchmark as it can help other people. this is just based on my use, hopefully gsmarena would make a full review on it.