Asus Transformer Pad TF300T - user opinions and reviews

Asus

7.4

> In reply to nolancorey @ 2013-10-17 12:04 from sgbu - click to readRe charger and battery, will only charge when running from the asus charger. If its failing to charge the battery you may be up for a new charger rather than battery replacement. Try leaving plugged into another charger and off for a couple of days to see if battery charges.

• 2013-10-24 05:33
  • 5F0h

> In reply to Yohan @ 2013-07-31 03:35 from 4BiF - click to readI am writing because I need new charger(I will handle that ok), but I have hunch that battery has failed and want a avg. price to replace internal battery, and the keyboard dock will not take charge that I watched twirl the drain so I am guessing I need. INTERNAL BATTERY, KEYBOARD/DOCKING STATION... I own the blue TF300T but all the groves are in a circle not the more current opposing half-moons. Pls. email mahcorey@gmail.com EST. or if you could provide link to how this is handled.
Thanks,
Corey N. Mahoney
78 Portland St. 4
Buffalo, NY 14220
mahcorey@gmail.com

• 2013-10-17 12:04
  • sgbu

Sometimes it hangs even if is not an heavy application.
System update from asus doesn't resolve much. I think Asus MUST do more testing on their products. Don't buy.

• 2013-10-08 15:43
  • AE3}

I purchased my asus 6 months ago, it works great...thanx

• 2013-09-29 01:48
  • 46U%

Make sure that you root this device and overclock it because it's slow as hell compered to the performance of devices today!

• 2013-07-31 03:35
  • 4BiF

I am so dissatisfied with the transformer I have to the point of utter frustration!!
It!orks when it wants to, over heats and the touch screen, that is a touch joke. Sent it off for repair, that is another sour topic. This thing is the worst.

• 2013-07-26 02:32
  • 49iT

When we purchased the Asus Tablet TF300T last April we also purchased the keyboard so we would have extra battery life for trips etc.

A few months after the purchase the keyboard stopped working and next thing we knew there was smoke when we plugged it in to charge.

It went in for repair. Not long after receiving the unit back the battery icon for the keyboard stopped showing up and battery life was less than before. We sent it in again. It came back and not long after the same issue.

It went in a third time - This time Asus paid the shipping charges both ways. The day it came back from repair the 3rd time the battery icon stopped showing again and this time the touch pad did not work.

It is on the way back a fourth time. We have asked for a replacement that works but we just keep getting the run-around.

Does anyone know who to escalate issues with Asus to get results?

• 2013-06-19 17:36
  • kDHJ

HDMI out no longer outputs to 1080p after the latest update. No way...No how. It wont even output 1080P video recorded with the tablets own camera! DO NOT UPGRADE!! This update is a joke!

• 2013-05-18 20:33
  • j@E4

> In reply to keith @ 2013-04-26 07:49 from 2EG@ - click to readASUS Updates Firmware for Its Transformer Pad TF300T to 10.6.1.15.3

The developers managed to resolve the IME bug and other minor issues. When taken alone, these fixes don’t improve performance that much, but together they really make a change.

Moreover, HDMI compatibility with other devices is improved, Gmail works better with Splashtop, and the security level is raised because now only the owner’s account is able to access any settings or UI referring to the external storage.

Source:news.softpedia.com

• 2013-05-01 08:02
  • YTFe

Based on my experience playing web-based game Google Play apps such as Dark Summoner, the 4.1 update made the experience much slower in general (and the same goes even for messing around with just the home screen). Updating to 4.2 made things considerably better, and the performance speed-up sure made me feel finally like *that* is the true Jellybean experience.

• 2013-04-26 07:49
  • 2EG@

O have updated my tf300 into jellybean, unfortunately when you connect your device to the tv through hdmi and play movies it is no longer adjusting itself to fullscreen the samw is hapenning when you're playing videos through youtube.

• 2013-03-26 09:59
  • Kg{e

I am disappointed rather... i am now receiving a system update again... and still i dont know why..

• 2013-03-10 05:35
  • YT@f

I just received an update this morning. And before i started to install it, i looked first its version and that is 4.1.1. After installing the new update, it still 4.1.1. I dont know the update is what for. Im confused that this device doesnt support adobe flash player.

• 2013-03-09 02:39
  • YT@f

> In reply to Nestu @ 2012-12-18 11:34 from TmvR - click to readI tried using a logitec mouse but it did not work. if any one has been using a blue tooth mouse on this device it would be appreciated if we could have the brand and model number

• 2013-03-08 10:35
  • TmvR

> In reply to nirmal @ 2013-02-23 09:30 from Hkq4 - click to readASUS begins rolling out Android 4.2 for the Transformer Pad TF300T in the US

• 2013-03-05 10:08
  • wdMf

I have android 4.2 on mine

• 2013-03-05 04:18
  • 4ENx

> In reply to Stef @ 2013-02-19 15:50 from 3Xhq - click to readNo. U can use your phone as wi fi hotspot and then connect your tablet with phone.

• 2013-02-23 09:30
  • Hkq4

Can this device be connected to the internet any other way besides through wi-fi?

• 2013-02-19 15:50
  • 3Xhq

> In reply to hvq @ 2012-11-09 06:54 from Y}RX - click to readAll Tegra 3 quad core devices lag a lot, i would not even call it lags, its more like hangs and freezes. Its because the 5th core is trying to do things alone, the 4 main cores are always asleep when you need them.

This tablet even freezes for a second on text input! Insanely low browsing performance, really terrible tablet. DO NOT BUY THIS, or any other tablet/phone with Tegra 3 quad core. Tegra 4 is the same tragedy, that why it has flopped even before it is put into mass production, no manufacturers want to buy the cråp. Thats great news for consumers, soon lagging android devices will be history, now when Asus and HTC will stop flooding the market with Tegra 3 devices.

• 2013-02-04 13:04
  • m7KR

does not have stereo speakers

• 2013-02-02 06:46
  • 86HK
Total of 121 user reviews and opinions for Asus Transformer Pad TF300T.