Asus Transformer Prime TF700T - user opinions and reviews

Asus

6.3
6.2
6.2

Ok, so I would really to know how well your HDMI works on Ipad 2? I am sso tired of people praising the merits of a tablet that is popular solely on the number of people who own them. I've had my TF700T for about 18 months and the only time it lags is when I have an excess of 10 apps running at once. This tablet is far more versatile than any ipad out there.

• 2014-04-07 23:15
  • YeBk

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-11-08 12:50 from 4UVB - click to readDo you have Asus shares?

• 2014-04-04 17:10
  • ne0Y

I' have had my Infinity for almost two years, regular browser, Chrome and Puffin with no lags or errors. I hav no complaints other than wanting Kikat for an update.

• 2014-02-13 09:02
  • 7G1e

The device is built well with a beutiful screen. However, the cronic problem of Browser not responding is extremely anoying. A "wait" does go on but the time is often seriously long making the machine seem very slow. This is not network problem in that it happens when I am connected to a very fast network.

I assume that ASUS has no interest in fixing this problem be it hardware or software or this would have been fixed long ago. I have 64GB of internal storage and a 64GB microSD so there must be plenty of storage.

The machine is dissappointing for the $600 it costs.

• 2014-01-28 20:25
  • eMee
  • Dissapointed with AS
  • Rating0

Very very slow tablet, this was a $1000.00 mistake for me, bought the 64Gb with its specific dock, based on all the superior specs, and nothing but troubles! It was so disappointing, when ASUS would not or could not fix, it suffers from an inherent input output data bottleneck, that can't supply the screen with its hi pixel rate. Internet pages on the fastest routers and services take 10 seconds to render. Tried all types of fixes, including custom roms and browsers to no avail!!! Stay away from this unit not worth the money, any money!

• 2013-12-21 17:42
  • N5J2

Technically a nice tablet.
The browser is very problematic. I constantly get the message that the browser is not responding, do you want to wait or close it.
So very slow responsetimes for the browser.
I read this complaint from many people on many websites.
So Asus must have been aware of it, but never did anything to solve it.

• 2013-12-20 14:14
  • MG8V

my asus tf700t wifi direct not working please if any one can help me and tell me what to do ???

• 2013-11-21 22:46
  • xJdR

Avoid it and later models too. Asus did not solve any problems tf700t. Faulty, black flickering lines. Slow. Very, very slow and laggy. Saving files from computer to tablet memory takes ages. Viewing stupid pdfs drove me crazy. I lost my money buying this hardware. If decide any i won't be straight from Asus. It oulde be better buy hardware from google because it is better optimized.

• 2013-11-16 23:18
  • nxB}

Hey, I have no idea as what you people are talking about I have had mine for 2 years and it runs perfectly and doesn't lag or crash so stop "I thought Asus was better than this"

• 2013-11-08 12:50
  • 4UVB

read lots of negative comments but i have had nothing but positive experience with this tablet. runs flash fine but that did take some reading to manage. 1 gig is more than enough. just don't have a bunch of unneeded apps running and for god's sake disable any app that is never used.

• 2013-10-21 03:16
  • j@cq

> In reply to Eddga @ 2013-08-22 21:40 from JLEy - click to readi bought it last year, wow it sure lags, very disappointed with it, 1gb ram is not enuf for android 4.0 and up.

• 2013-09-07 01:00
  • t78s

It's well build and both cameras are great, design is very good i like it, but that's about it.Almost verything about this tablet is awful, i don't like that this pad has only 1gig of ram and those crashes get's on my nerves.I thought ASUS is way better than this. I'm disappointed.

• 2013-08-22 21:40
  • JLEy

> In reply to sicn3ss @ 2013-07-09 14:46 from nx2F - click to readYou're so right, i've got those crashes a lot.

• 2013-08-22 21:35
  • JLEy

> In reply to oliverthered @ 2013-05-07 17:46 from 3Jn} - click to readIm sorry but I rly have to agree. Hardwarewise the pad is nice but it just does not work how its supposed to. Apps crash all the time (even the paid ones), browser unresponsive all the time, huge delay on keyboard typing.. And can't even update SW, I know there is a new version but when I try to update it says it's up to date.. Eventho I know it is now.. Just dont bother, buy an iPad if ur planning to spend this ammount of money on a tablet.

• 2013-07-09 14:46
  • nx2F

I have wrote comments twice before, both negative. Anyway just installed the latest update, and the tab is working much better,( streaming especially ) and all round most apps running much better. Only the browsing still very poor. Ran it alongside my iPad 2 and still a lot slower. ( tried dolphin and google chrome browsers as well still no better) but overall much better than pre update. I still think the tablet was overpriced ( 600 pounds including keyboard) expected and hoped for better,because this was supposed to be the best android tab when purchased, and I wanted it to kick apples arse. But from my experience the iPad 2 was better at most things. Might try a windows 8 tab next

• 2013-05-26 18:16
  • mrrP

Don't buy this very overpriced tablet.
1: I experinced random app crashes, this was due to a graphics driver bug, so i upgraded to jelly bean, not I get random reboots.
2: Browser is rubbish, is advertised as supporting flash, you have to do this manually and the HTML5 support in the browese is crap.
3: only has 1GB of ram and on startup about 700mb of that is used
4: Keeps killing off background apps etc... even though there is memory free, my puney wildfire phone doesn't even do it to that extent. This causes performance issues and annoying data loss and happens even if I root and use mount 1gb swap space.
5: Umm... how do I print stuff... opps, though that's an android issue.
6: Some idiot made the screen resolution 1920x1200 not x1080 which means that it doesn't scale up to full HD properly, doh.
7: Camera is a bit crap
8: I developed a mysterious screen crack, upon searching on the interent this appeas to be a common fault and not user damage, though good luck with the warenty department.
9: I have a dock/keyboard, the tablet keeps popping out of it which is really annoying
10: Video play back sometimes 'stutters', happens a few times if say watching a 1hr 30min movie.

on the pluss side if you have ICS installed and don't upgrade to jelly bean it's a doddle to root, allyou have to do is turn debug mode on and copy accross su, no need to unlock the boot loader etc....

• 2013-05-07 17:46
  • 3Jn}

> In reply to Harri @ 2012-11-29 17:38 from mpT5 - click to readErr wait what ? ...why iPad WiFi never been complain so far although the 3G not the best choices as eating your batteries ? ...Take notes that some user prefer WiFi more then 3G itself. To me I rather using WiFi for downloading heavy content better then using my 3G. Tablet nowadays no 3G is not an issued. Its a trend right now. Learn it.....

• 2013-05-03 03:34
  • vV5G

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-01 00:20 from BtxF - click to readI agree the RAM should be 2GB at least due to 1.6 quad core but I disagree if the tab is slow and sluggish. Hence, my tab never down on me. Playing THD hardcore gaming without issued. This is Asus not Samsung or Acer. Asus made for quality.....

• 2013-05-03 03:26
  • vV5G

Reading comments complaining, and I am puzzled: do you really have the same tablet I do? I have mine since September and never had any problem: works fast, gives great support for videos and games and the browsers work pretty well (the only problem is that Dolphin doesn't support Flash anymore, but this is a problem with Dolphin, not with Asus).

And about the absence of native 3G, is not an issue: I just tether (this is: "to borrow the 3G via wifi") from my smartphone to my tablet. Works perfectly, and pretty fast, if you ask me. If you have a smartphone running Android 2.2 or above, you probably can tether too

Of course, the ideal is to get the version with dock, as the USB is in it. But, also, I don't think is absolutely necessary (the card reader does the job, if only for storage. And usually Android USB slots are more for this, not much to connect peripherals, so...)

I am absolutely satisfied with my tablet, and advise anyone felling sorry for the 3G absence to learn to tether.

• 2013-04-18 05:58
  • JkDn

Slow and sluggish. I dont recommend it. RAM needs t o be increased.

• 2013-03-01 00:20
  • BtxF
Total of 90 user reviews and opinions for Asus Transformer Prime TF700T.