Asus Transformer Prime TF700T - user opinions and reviews

Asus

6.3
6.2
6.2

> In reply to Mike @ 2014-07-08 17:44 from 4Jq5 - click to readPrecisely what I'd have written. I've tried a few different roms; none make the performance acceptable.

Why oh why didn't I go with the nexus 10? :-(

• 2014-10-19 13:50
  • dQtu

I own a TF700t and also an older TF101. I'm happy with with my TF700, but yes, 2g memory is better than 1g (the tf701 has 2g but also -- even used -- is more expensive). I bought my TF700 on ebay for 230 dollars, with keyboard included. Yes, running stock Jelly Bean it lagged badly sometimes. Being a lover of custom roms anyway, I immediately installed Crombi-KK and then Zombi-X. Both are very good, much speedier, alternatives and based on the KitKat Rom instead of older Jelly Bean (where Asus left this machine). My own recommendation? If you want a very inexpensive tablet and keyboard, you cannot go wrong with the TF700. If you have a few more bucks, go for the the TF701 and its 2g of memory. And do ask yourself - For what tasks am I using this tablet? I use mine for extensive web surfing and for Bible study (the Mysword deluxe version is awesome and there are massive numbers of free downloads of commentaries and the like). So... four stars from me, it would be five if the TF700 had 2g memory.

• 2014-10-12 16:32
  • Mfxg

I own the Asus TF700T tablet for two years now. It is a nice piece of hardware, but its default software is very bad. I recommend to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP recovery, and replace the stock Asus ROM with CROMBi-kk ROM which is Android 4.4.3 KitKat. It has much better performance.

You can additionally insert a fast microSD card (class 10) into the microSD card slot, and install the CROMBi-kk ROM with the optional ROM2SD feature onto the microSD card, disk access time are then much better, which makes installing and upgrading applications much faster.

• 2014-07-09 15:53
  • A}J4

This tablet looks nice. The UI is cool ,but it's not worth it. It lags so much no matter what you do. I can hardly do anything on it without getting very frustrated. My phone that is a year older runs faster than it. This product is awful. I will probably never get a mobile Asus product again.

• 2014-07-08 17:44
  • 4Jq5

Hi,dearest friends.One of those high mid range tablet of Asus that I mentioned before without GSM voice calls!Good design,performance,features,cameras,Wi-Fis,and other qualities and specification!!!I hope Asus doesn't forget its update and upgrade with the powerful public relations whom are answerable to people and feel responsibilities!!!?Thanks gsmArenaMobile,Asus,and this trusable honest site users.Just justice rights+slashing of the prices logically!!!?I found no T 100 or T 200!!!?Thanks.

• 2014-06-22 13:30
  • 6w@4

Retired after 31 years in the it profession. I am totally satisfied with my tf700t. I talk face to face with manufacturers in China daily. Video and sound are perfect. Oh, one other thing, the calls are all FREE.

It eats apples for breakfast.

Bob Hart NEWFOUNDLAND CANADA
2004contact2004@gmail.com

• 2014-06-10 01:46
  • gQwI
  • F

I do enjoy my tf700t, and would'nt change it to any of iPods.
Here many negative things are writen
about this tablet. I dont know people, what did you do to your poor gadgets, but mine with the latest ics update works perfectly! There are no apk crashes or a browser delays. I use Opera, and happy about it. My tip to you guys: -Check very carefuly what you're installing to your device! Read the notes, -what the other users think about current software.
I saw here some opinions, that 1gb of ddr3 isnt enough for tf700, but I disagree, for Android OS its more than enough! But for Win8 based asus tablets, just poor.

• 2014-05-29 12:39
  • 3P7Q

The TF700T has both a beautiful screen and fine detachable keyboard but it has serious problems with speed and response time. I have communicated with ASUS support where they give suggestions about reducing applications but almost nothing helps. I have not been in contact with anyone who has a clue regarding the origin of the problem. I have been puzzled by the suggestion that the machine's response will be better if applications are reduced. When I do the "one click clean" to reduce running tasks, I can get to 0 but within minutes 16-18 tasks are again running, even if I do nothing with the machine. I appears that it is designed to overload itself and become a dog.This is a top of the line tablet by price but it is poor in performance.

Has anyone gotten a meaningful response from ASUS or any information about OS upgrades that might reduce the problems?

I will continue to try to get some useful information from ASUS but unless they put some attention into resolving the problems with this tablet line, I will not be purchasing any new products from them.

• 2014-05-16 20:34
  • xuh5

Ok, so I would really to know how well your HDMI works on Ipad 2? I am sso tired of people praising the merits of a tablet that is popular solely on the number of people who own them. I've had my TF700T for about 18 months and the only time it lags is when I have an excess of 10 apps running at once. This tablet is far more versatile than any ipad out there.

• 2014-04-07 23:15
  • YeBk

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-11-08 12:50 from 4UVB - click to readDo you have Asus shares?

• 2014-04-04 17:10
  • ne0Y

I' have had my Infinity for almost two years, regular browser, Chrome and Puffin with no lags or errors. I hav no complaints other than wanting Kikat for an update.

• 2014-02-13 09:02
  • 7G1e

The device is built well with a beutiful screen. However, the cronic problem of Browser not responding is extremely anoying. A "wait" does go on but the time is often seriously long making the machine seem very slow. This is not network problem in that it happens when I am connected to a very fast network.

I assume that ASUS has no interest in fixing this problem be it hardware or software or this would have been fixed long ago. I have 64GB of internal storage and a 64GB microSD so there must be plenty of storage.

The machine is dissappointing for the $600 it costs.

• 2014-01-28 20:25
  • eMee
  • Dissapointed with AS
  • Rating0

Very very slow tablet, this was a $1000.00 mistake for me, bought the 64Gb with its specific dock, based on all the superior specs, and nothing but troubles! It was so disappointing, when ASUS would not or could not fix, it suffers from an inherent input output data bottleneck, that can't supply the screen with its hi pixel rate. Internet pages on the fastest routers and services take 10 seconds to render. Tried all types of fixes, including custom roms and browsers to no avail!!! Stay away from this unit not worth the money, any money!

• 2013-12-21 17:42
  • N5J2

Technically a nice tablet.
The browser is very problematic. I constantly get the message that the browser is not responding, do you want to wait or close it.
So very slow responsetimes for the browser.
I read this complaint from many people on many websites.
So Asus must have been aware of it, but never did anything to solve it.

• 2013-12-20 14:14
  • MG8V

my asus tf700t wifi direct not working please if any one can help me and tell me what to do ???

• 2013-11-21 22:46
  • xJdR

Avoid it and later models too. Asus did not solve any problems tf700t. Faulty, black flickering lines. Slow. Very, very slow and laggy. Saving files from computer to tablet memory takes ages. Viewing stupid pdfs drove me crazy. I lost my money buying this hardware. If decide any i won't be straight from Asus. It oulde be better buy hardware from google because it is better optimized.

• 2013-11-16 23:18
  • nxB}

Hey, I have no idea as what you people are talking about I have had mine for 2 years and it runs perfectly and doesn't lag or crash so stop "I thought Asus was better than this"

• 2013-11-08 12:50
  • 4UVB

read lots of negative comments but i have had nothing but positive experience with this tablet. runs flash fine but that did take some reading to manage. 1 gig is more than enough. just don't have a bunch of unneeded apps running and for god's sake disable any app that is never used.

• 2013-10-21 03:16
  • j@cq

> In reply to Eddga @ 2013-08-22 21:40 from JLEy - click to readi bought it last year, wow it sure lags, very disappointed with it, 1gb ram is not enuf for android 4.0 and up.

• 2013-09-07 01:00
  • t78s

It's well build and both cameras are great, design is very good i like it, but that's about it.Almost verything about this tablet is awful, i don't like that this pad has only 1gig of ram and those crashes get's on my nerves.I thought ASUS is way better than this. I'm disappointed.

• 2013-08-22 21:40
  • JLEy
Total of 98 user reviews and opinions for Asus Transformer Prime TF700T.