Asus Transformer TF101 - user opinions and reviews

619006

7.4
7.4
7.2

> In reply to jcrabs09 @ 2011-11-04 03:38 from K7gV - click to readsure with lots of apps are there do that very simply...

• 2011-11-07 13:14
  • 2CdV

can you do ms office word here?

• 2011-11-04 03:38
  • K7gV

this is a VERY good tablet!! If Asus coombine its Eee Pad transformer and Padfone PLUS Samsung's S-Pen-like... That will BLOW the market for sure... Waiting for such tab/phone... By the way, GREAT job, Asus!

• 2011-11-03 14:47
  • sS@G

When is the Android ICS update releasing for this tablet?

• 2011-10-30 16:49
  • vb$y

I love this tablet.....its awsum in all the ways!!!!
But i have a query that can one use the internet on this tablet through a tethered connection or through a USB internet stick?
Please do answer

• 2011-10-29 16:41
  • t}rK

> In reply to reza @ 2011-10-18 01:33 from 39EU - click to readIt stands for USB On-The-Go. Please, see this link for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go

• 2011-10-25 00:18

usb otg?

• 2011-10-18 01:33
  • 39EU

it has GPS

• 2011-10-16 10:40
  • gCUa

> In reply to Stuntman @ 2011-10-15 00:27 from NGfv - click to readm reli tq 4 ur reply. appreciate it. u had mention my questions very detail. thanks alot.

• 2011-10-15 21:32
  • Kxuq

> In reply to lodcyder @ 2011-10-14 19:41 from PUm8 - click to read1. Not sure about USB OTG as I don't use it. Only the keyboard dock has USB ports. You can stick a USB thumb drive on it. There seems to be some issues when trying to connect phones that can function as a USB drive. My HTC Desire Z doesn't work and also there are reports other phones don't work either. I have no problem with my USB thumb drive.

2. There is no micro-USB port on the tablet. To charge it you need to use the special charging cable that comes with the Eee Pad. That cable is able to plug into a regular USB port such as your PC. The Eee Pad also comes with a power adapter to plug into your power outlet. It has a USB connector for the charging cable. The charging cable end that plugs into the Eee Pad looks proprietary. It is a wide flat connector similar to the ones you see on Apple devices (but not the same).

3. You do not need a PC at all to use the Eee Pad. Just set up your WiFi connection and update your firmware.

4. I have had no issues with my WiFi reception. It seems the reception is better than my phone (HTC Desire Z) in certain corners of my house.

5. There is currently no 3G version. I have heard that there is one due out. The Transformer II is also supposed to be announced some time soon. I have no official links to confirm this.

• 2011-10-15 00:27
  • NGfv

hi, usually in gsmarena for phone if it support OTG. it will list out. but this don't have. so m very curious bout this.
1.) does this support OTG function? can it open external HDD?

2.)can i charge it through microusb?

3.) can i straightaway update its firmware in this tab without using laptop or pc.

4.) how is it wifi reception. is it strong.

5.) does asus comes out with 3g version?

• 2011-10-14 19:41
  • PUm8

hi, without the keyboard does this thing support OTG function??

• 2011-10-14 19:01
  • PUm8

i'm using my transfromer for about a week now and it's running 3.2.1 and no issues at all. the tablet is still the same when upgraded to ver. 3.2.1 and i'm perfectly happy with it.

• 2011-10-13 10:08
  • SugK

This one tablet so great. Fits for any lifestyle..
love it!!!
: D

• 2011-10-11 18:00
  • PFEE

excellent and cheap tablet!!!!! Highly recommended

• 2011-10-06 19:27
  • vb$p

> In reply to Anoymous @ 2011-10-01 10:58 from IVRN - click to readThis is a WiFi only tablet, so no SIMM card is required or even possible.

Purchasing apps requires a credit card. Free apps do not need a credit card.

• 2011-10-04 06:45
  • 4A$d

> In reply to pats @ 2011-10-02 12:15 from veFF - click to readof course u can.
im plugging in my disk on key and using my 3g from the samsung galaxy s for internet.

• 2011-10-03 14:18
  • S7ua

hey!! asus eee pad users can ne 1 tell me does dis tab supports a external hard disk through USB & can i synchronise d tab wid my phone 2 use 3g via it :)

• 2011-10-02 12:15
  • veFF

Do i need a Simcard to use this device ? And how do i buy things through android ? credit cards ?

• 2011-10-01 10:58
  • IVRN

When I use the USB ports to connect a USB thumb drive, it works fine. If I connect my HTC Desire Z to it and set my phone to connect as a USB drive, the Eee Pad does not recognise it. All it does is charge my phone.

• 2011-09-28 19:49
  • NGfv
Total of 191 user reviews and opinions for Asus Transformer TF101.