Asus Transformer TF101 - user opinions and reviews

Asus

7.4
7.4
7.2

> In reply to dionson @ 2011-08-04 14:13 from IWY{ - click to readI just Got the eee Pad without keyboard and I'm very pleased. After comparing it with a friend's Iconia, we were more pleased with the Asus: It's lighter and the wi-fi reception is better, among other things.

• 2011-08-05 06:01
  • LEAg

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-08-01 04:28 from wMHH - click to readYes it does. in my opinion it's the best tablet there is because of the keyboard. It's not the lightest, but the possibilities with the keyboard attached are better than on other tablets...

• 2011-08-04 20:39
  • nQAe

i want to buy tablet but im not sure, iconia A500 or ASUS Eee pad?

• 2011-08-04 14:13
  • IWY{

Does it fold down when docked with keyboard?

• 2011-08-01 04:28
  • wMHH

> In reply to Stuntman @ 2011-07-25 21:44 from NGfv - click to readI personnaly had a few lagging problem with the virtual (and also the physical keybord) in the stock Honneycomb browser on my Eee Pad Transformer.
However Opera works fine without any keyboard lag so I realy recommend you to use Opera.

Hope this helps.

• 2011-07-29 22:37
  • 0kId

I'm currently considering the Eee Pad and the iPad 2. The iPad 2 seems to have a better touch screen interface. I really like some of the gestures that I see in iOS that Android doesn't have. Pinch to zoom on a video automatically changes it to full screen. The gestures used on some web sites seem to do what I want more so than on the Eee Pad and other Android tablets.

I am familiar with Android, as I have an Android phone. Those advantages the iPad 2 has isn't a deal breaker for me. What I really like about the Eee Pad is the keyboard attachment. That's what is really drawing me towards the Eee Pad. I tried an Eee Pad at the store and found that on the Android Forums web site, the keyboard (virtual) lags a bit much like my phone (before my phone got a firmware upgrade). I'm thinking that a firmware upgrade would also resolve this issue on the Eee Pad. It's not a deal breaker for me as I probably would be using the Opera browser which doesn't exhibit this problem.

Just wondering if anyone experienced any lag when using the virtual keyboard. It only happened on that one site. Other sites are fine.

• 2011-07-25 21:44
  • NGfv

> In reply to Gadgetswagga @ 2011-07-20 09:49 from K7gN - click to readHi buddy,

I have tried both and personaly i would go with the Asus. The screen is more responsive.

• 2011-07-23 16:22

> In reply to Nirav @ 2011-07-13 18:25 from 3Yi% - click to readGood luck,

Hope you will get it back soon,

• 2011-07-23 16:20

Hi, I'm still undecided between this and the Acer Iconia Tab. @_@

I like the keyboard dock option but it's a little expensive for the additional features it brings. . .

• 2011-07-20 09:49
  • K7gN

> In reply to Funky D @ 2011-07-08 15:14 from 4Bbc - click to readYeah, was left with no choice but had given to ASUS Service Centre ...last week, they will take another 10 to 12 days to fix the same. Lets hope the problem gets fixed and does not return back. Will update one i recieve it.

• 2011-07-13 18:25
  • 3Yi%

Has the touchscreen problem been resolved yet? I need to know before I decide to purchase this amazing tab.

• 2011-07-10 00:13
  • s0$L

> In reply to Nirav @ 2011-07-05 17:11 from 3Yi% - click to readHi my friend,

The only solution i can see. Is to go back to the store to get a replacement. You should have a 1 year garantee.

• 2011-07-08 15:14
  • 4Bbc

Tablet Seems to be Great Piece of Work, Expect the Battery Portion . . . Experiencing a strange problem, Battery Indicator shows " ? " Question Mark all the time, without showing the right Indication ? what could be the possible soultion ... Restart, Factory Reset, all has been tried but did not solve the problem.

• 2011-07-05 17:11
  • 3Yi%

Update coming in July!

• 2011-06-29 23:36
  • 3HGx

This weekend i went to a local store nearby to try this tablet. And for 399$, i was surprised by this tablet. I also tried the Moto Xoom and the Acer Iconia and BBerry Playbook.

Personally, i would go with this tablet without hesitation. I guess you get a good value out of it.

Have a nice day and please enjoy your summer !

• 2011-06-27 18:42
  • Rp5C

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-05-09 08:11 from uHZh - click to readyes when docked to key board which i feel is must

• 2011-06-05 10:57
  • mT@5

i have ipad2 and just got the transformer 32g and docking station 2days ago,i cant tell gprs can be use and able tp upgrade new version of google map,not as smooth as ipad2 but i can play flash game and almost 30hrs using time,also i can charge my cell phone by connect to the docking station with usb ,that mean i wont easy out of battery when tethering to the transformer,how awesome that is!but ipad 2 still have big win of apps,but i can tell this one is the best android tablet in the market this year for brower and those who still go to school~

• 2011-05-17 14:50
  • QMX{

Is it able to read content from a USB thumbdrive?

• 2011-05-09 08:11
  • uHZh

It's mostly on this site because GSM Arena is growing to be more about mobile computing than about mobile telephony. Telephony is just a feature these days. Connectivity isn't an issue these days because, let's face it, 90% of us here would have a smart phone to tether it to, and there's any number of wifi hotspot solutions from pretty much every carrier. Only having wifi is hardly an issue, to me. Given that Asus have kept the price $200 cheaper than the nearest XOOM, I'd say it's a pretty good effort. The overwhelming sentiment from most reviews seems to be "I can't believe this has the same internals as the XOOM", referring to how quick and responsive the Transformer seems. The biggest criticism I see for it is the slightly wide bezel, to which I have to say "god, man up!". The Transformer dock is to be compatible with future models of the Transformer, so they added a little extra to the size of the current tablet, just in case they couldn't keep future ones down, and so the current tablet would match the existing dock in width, to keep it from looking too stupid.

• 2011-05-04 06:33
  • IaHe
Total of 194 user reviews and opinions for Asus Transformer TF101.