Asus V66 - user opinions and reviews

Asus

5.3
5.6
5.6

I like it from the start but it's key pad don't work fine, for my ASUS v66 now don't last for long., only for 5 mos. After I'd used its triband it fall then.. =( Promise it's true, and now I am suffering for having no phone... =(
T_T

• 2007-10-08 14:12
  • UDW6

To Manny!
Just want to ask how you downloaded jar games like text twist and other games?Thanks

Yanz

• 2007-09-20 09:46
  • w0QM

My Asus V66 phone will turn 2 years this December. So far, it is ok.My problem is where to buy it's battery, casing as well as charger.

• 2007-09-20 09:22
  • w0QM

ASUS V66 rocks. y? Here are a number of reasons:
1. I can play my fave MP3s whenever and whereever i want.
2. I have viewed all interesting TV series right on this fon by converting AVIs to 3GP and MP4 formats. FYI, MP4 video format is better. It doesn't pixelized at 200KBPS video bit rate. (Lost, Prison Break, Heroes, 24, Grey's Anatomy, ALIAS, Smallville, CSI and House MD.
3. I have used it as a portable modem for my laptop. See CD instructions on how to install.
4. I have played interesting .jar games on this fone. (ZUMA, Texttwist, SpaceImpact3, football, basketball, GP, etc.
5. It's a very reliable storage device when you have a memory card in it. Mine's Sandisk 1GB miniSD. No issues on fast read/write. Just plug and play in every PC.
6. I have used it as a video recorder of all important events in my life. Unlimited.
7. Very affordable.
8. Stereo sounds.
it's been with me for 2 year now and counting.
do i need to say more...hail to ASUS V66!

• 2007-09-08 16:34
  • wu4U

I been using this phone for a year and now I'm having a problem with the keypad, the upper parts are not working, i need to press them hard, but still sometimes it does not work. can anyone help me with this?

• 2007-08-13 08:02
  • 2Am0

WAP means Wireless Application Protocol, not Worldwide Area Positioning.

• 2007-08-06 16:54
  • 2Am}

I have used my Asus V66 for more than a year. I lost it during one of my travels. Is there a way to monitor the location of my unit using the WAP (World Area Positioning) features?

• 2007-07-25 10:17
  • UDVi

I am a user of asus V66 almost a year, and its really good. but i have a request,please provide a cellphone case for asus V66. thanks!

• 2007-07-09 08:28
  • PUpR

I'd using my V66 for almost a year now and still has a very good performance in all aspects!

May I ask a support to the person who gave an opinion about Readmaniac, i just installed readmaniac on my phone successfully but the problems are i cannot read any files except the "help" and I cannot convert txt files to jar files!

Can you enumerate please on how I will do?

• 2007-06-17 11:39
  • PSwN

its a great fone...but i have a li'l bit question..why does my camera not working? can i fix it only through settings? and where is the camera settings?
thanks

• 2007-06-01 09:41
  • w0QN

already used this hp for 2 years.
performance tip top. np problem at all.
recommend to all.

• 2007-05-04 05:46
  • PTIB

Does this phone support chinese lenguage?

• 2007-04-19 12:38
  • ibnc

is this really a vga cam fon?
coz a seller in ebay is claiming that it's 1.3 MP ...

• 2007-03-21 23:22
  • PDPg

Here in ASUS V66 has 64MB internal memory and can read 2GB minisd card, beside mp3/mpeg4/3gp/h.263/midi files it can also play acc files too...

• 2006-11-28 21:59
  • QVRc

the first time i saw this was about 18 months ago... this unit is being sold at 10,000 pesos($200) cheaper than K700i before and i was amazed at it's performance, mostly in camera and music, video is very good... camera matches the one in K700i and the music in speakers is loud enough and clear... one word at that moment,.. very nice!!!

• 2006-11-17 11:12
  • 2A3m

one of the best phone ever why?
built in clear camera with mulkti zoom
unlimited video recording
can play whole movie
upto 1gb mini sdf or equivalent to 8 full movies
fm radio
great quality sounds for mp3
easy to used
60mb built in memory
and the last very cheap price...
i dont care for bluetooth it has a memory card and usb for transfering my file
thanks asus...

• 2006-11-13 11:30
  • 2Anw

want to own the latest version of asus P925 or something

• 2006-10-30 15:32
  • 2AjD

I went to a mall with a Handset model in mind when I happened to see the V66 of ISUS. the price is very good for a phone like that. Plan to get the V66 than the one I have in mind which is a Nokia. I like the specs.

• 2006-10-20 16:56
  • PDPg

For it's price, it's amazing, it's cheap and the features are amazingly cool, there's only one down side... it should have at least an IR :( well anyway... none the less its an mp3 player, video player, cell phone and flash drive rolled into one, the phone still rocks

• 2006-10-17 07:14
  • PVhn

i just got mine, in the Philippines the internal memory is 64MB, so we got an edge on that here... i do a lot with my v66, mp3's, radio, videos of my family, watching anime and video tutorials converted to 3gp... and most of all, i get to read ebooks converted to jar files. just use readmaniac to convert texts to jar files. everything is good except for not having bluetooth or at least IR, no flash, and VGA camera only. Cheapest against any phone on the same price level.

• 2006-10-14 23:17
  • RxnW
Total of 80 user reviews and opinions for Asus V66.