Asus V80 - user opinions and reviews

6.5

it always hanged up....

• 2008-04-09 15:40
  • vFaC

I can't make the shutter sound silent, anybody knows how to cancel it. And is there any shortcut on the main menu to make the phone silent?

• 2008-04-09 08:37
  • pi%@

to millie..
the PIN for the SIM or the Phone?> if it is for the SIM, u just have to replace the SIM. But if it is for the Phone(phone lock). Thats a real problem..From where are you? maybe you can contact ASUS's service center.

• 2008-03-24 09:46
  • ijVy

poor me...this V80 not available here(malaysia)...whyyy.......

• 2008-02-15 03:41
  • ibqT

Can somebody please upload the ASUS V80 User Manual to my email address? I will greatly appreciate it.

• 2008-01-22 02:16
  • vj1}

It's me again, thank you to 09173498647 for your response, however, a new problem cropped up while setting up my PIN, the PIN obviously the former owner's, is now blocked and i can't use the phone.
Please help!

• 2008-01-22 02:06

to millie..

you can remove those secret files by connecting your v80 to the computer in "mass storage" mode.

then browse the MMC,videos and photos folders..
you can see the hidden folder there.
and you can delete it!

for any qyerries, contact me..

• 2008-01-19 09:14
  • ijVy

I bought a used AsusV80 recently, managed to configure most of its functions without the manual.
I want to use "My secret Album/Video" but can't without an instruction manual. the former owner has 'secrets' installed. How can i delete those.
Please help. Thank You.

• 2008-01-18 07:31
  • vj1}

i have expiriencing a quality phone
yet somehow, it's hard to activate all the features , even the network has no files how to activate such mms.gprs, and email.

• 2007-12-22 13:28
  • vj1U

I just bought this phone last october and I would say it is a phone with great features at lower price compared to nokia and SE of the same/near specs. Regarding the joystick and the rubber ball, fortunately for now, I have no problem with it. =]

Downside of it is the "bug" in text messaging where the letters got doubled instead of getting the right letter you want. I hope Asus got a firmware for fixing it the way they did to V66.

Just a question, is there a way where we can change the theme other than the ones they have? Seems like V80 only have 4 themes and we cant add no more.

More power to Asus!

• 2007-11-29 09:25
  • PEGg

It's a very good phone indeed. Have to admit that there are so called "bugs" for the text messaging and even what the other said for phonebook entries are all true. What is not true about the previous opinions that I have read is that he/she is claiming that we can't use mp3 as a messaging alert tone. i have mine obviously and I can use mp3 tones as a messaging alert.

Hmm..
I think it's because that I have upgraded my firmware. Try to do an upgrade for firmware bro and check. It has no downfall/s by the way.

I'll be missing my phone. I sent it out to repair the joystick and yeah the ball easily gets off. Just after a day of having the new case, it was lost! Case costs a thousand box..

Repair takes 3-4 weeks Wellcom! Come on.. You can do better than that?!

• 2007-11-27 19:44
  • 2AuP

Hello Monica, there is indeed an error in the software. The double letters frequently appears and that so far the only most annoying aspect of this fone. Aside from that, im completely satisfied with this one given its cheaper price compared with others brands with the same feature.

• 2007-11-26 16:09
  • wjpx

Im planning to buy this phone but i got discouraged by the opinions. Its cheaper than the nokia brand of the same merit but almost everyone has a problem with the joystick & messaging (double letters). & is it true that you cant use mp3 tones as message alert tone? i was also planning to buy in Wellcom but it seems that there are lots of defective phone cases. Any suggestions where i can buy instead?

• 2007-11-18 09:25
  • UDVy

I like the design, but it lacks more features, like 3g,hsdpa,edge, hscsd. i hope asus can do more improvement on this unit.

• 2007-11-17 07:29
  • RKpG

In India, this phone is being sold under the brand / model of SPICE S-900. The calling & messaging features of this phone leaves something to be desired. One is that there is no feature to add a second number to an existing name in the phonebook. Second is the fonts do not automatically go to caps when it is in phonebook name entering mode, which it should essentially do, since all proper names should begin with caps. However, these are small features, but which were present in my previous phone, Sony Ericsson T230. Anyway, these lack of small features are to an extent, taken care of by the S/W (works only with MS Windows) provided with the phone, which is an excellent value addition. On the whole, it is an excellent value for money bluetooth enabled multimedia phone.

• 2007-11-09 07:49
  • RK2b

Hey Pam, if you want to enable your WAP.... go to your service provider (Smart, etc.) and let them activate your WAP for free.

• 2007-10-06 07:43
  • wYC6

Hey guys do you know the code to type in the cellphone to check its date of manufacture.....

• 2007-10-06 07:31
  • wYC6

how to enable to WAP on v80? i can't connect to the internet and i can't open my MMS messages!!

help please.....

THANKS!!

• 2007-10-05 06:08
  • PEG@

how do we use the remote control profile for this phone? it supports but i dont know how to.
if a laptop has bluetooth in it, a phone can act as a remote control during presentation so one need not go to tha laptop each time. se has this profile and the remote control function is so easy to use. help!

• 2007-09-30 03:09
  • w0QQ

why asus phones does not have available configuration settings applicable for any network?

• 2007-08-19 10:02
  • i}2U
Total of 201 user reviews and opinions for Asus V80.