Sutton0028, 06 Jan 2017Technically it is an upgrade, but actually it is a reversed update to Lollipop. And yes it did... moreGood performance and smooth touch also have a great features in low price very good working
need this fone to front camera make good and screen contrast more then now so it's like good cause front camera is low light and picture is darke and screen light is also like dim
ans also sound tomuch poor sound may like speaker going to fart so plzz make this good rather then fone is good
Anonymous, 07 Jan 2017how you do reverse update from marshmallow to lollipop?You can
download the firmware online and then use an app called Odin to reinstall firmware
Anonymous, 07 Jan 2017how you do reverse update from marshmallow to lollipop?follow this link for reverse update to lollipop from marshmellow : http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/AS...7.1482898836
someone99, 06 Jan 2017The problem you had Marshmallow, what version of Marshmallow was it? And when did it start?
... moreIts actually good. But the problem was the battery, it drains fast but its a great phone.
dont buy this phone. ghost touch, battery drain, unstable firmware, etc. its crap, regret that i recomend this phone to my friends and family. They trust me no more!!!
sutton0028, 06 Jan 2017I am seriously trying hard to move on from this phone, but haven't found any reasons to.
- it... moreThe problem you had Marshmallow, what version of Marshmallow was it? And when did it start?
was it right after you turned it on, or after some time?
And would you recommend it to someone who wouldn't buy a phone for the next 4 or more years?
I'm asking cuz, I want to know if the low price is worth it for it to last, after years of usage. And I have seen alot of bad reviews about Zenfone 2.
Thanks in advance :D
I am seriously trying hard to move on from this phone, but haven't found any reasons to.
- it had problems with Marshmallow [battery drain, and bluetooth lag], but then i found reversed update to lollipop from asus official website, and it is working amazingly well again. [Seriously, who needs M when L is doing better?]
Almost 2 years of using this phone
- RAM still breathing comfortably. 4GB [free unused ram sits comfortably around 1,5GB to 800MB]
- one thing to avoid, is using the fast charger while doing some heavy tasks. [ may lead to overheat] > only use the fast charger when you really need fast charging, and for the love of God leave it alone when you do charge it with the fast charger.
- one may think that this phone is obsolete, sometimes i do too, but again and again I was proven wrong. It scores an amazing 60k plus on antutu 6.2
- 4G connection works with no problem whatsoever
- camera is basic, standard quality, but well, enough for me. [not in anyway bad at all, unless under low light condition]
- the backdoor, 3d illusion zencase, only costed me under 4USD, cheaper than buying a case over it [which makes it thicker].
- the audio wizard works wonder for my music.
- had cycling accidents twice, broke the screen twice, bought screen replacement twice for under @30USD and works like new again.
- never had serious lag
- never had serious heating without the fast charger
- perhaps size and weight are the only problem i have, but then again, i am used to it.
mayur, 02 Jan 2017does downgrade to lollipop solve battery problems?Technically it is an upgrade, but actually it is a reversed update to Lollipop. And yes it did solve my bluetooth and battery drain issues.
dre, 01 Jan 2017same thing happen to me when i bought my first smartphone the asus zenfone 5 .it was fantasti... moreThe memory issue was not from Asus, it was the well-known android 5.0 memory leak issue.
red, 27 Dec 2016yup, no update for marshmallow yetYou must download it manually.
This phone is good but I cannot recommend it for everyone because of many things.
1. ASUS never release an official FOTA Marshmallow update for zenfone 2 ze551ml. They did release an downloadable update but not entirely stable and I read many users regret updating because plenty of bugs.
2. At some point when I updated the firmware, SIM 2 slot has been malfunctioning ever since. Even there's sim inserted sometimes it cannot detect the sim so i had to restart the phone in order to detect it. But it happens frequently so I gave up using Sim 2 slot.
3. Battery drains so quickly. Even in standby mode the phone hardly last a day.
ASUS promised to release official Android marshmallow update FOTA but never happened. Asus Zenfone 2 ze551ml will be the last Asus phone i will ever purchase and stick to phone brands that continue to support their previous phones with updates.
Battery drains faster than i expected. I am so disappointed. Do not buy this phone.
I bought new Asus phone that has already a broken screen.
user dont buy this phone total waste of money , every i am facing problem with home screen key and multi app key not working after downgrade to lollipop. In Marshmellow version battery getting drained 15% in 30 min even ur mobile at stand by.
Do not buy any Asus cell phones I purchased my zenphone2 three months into having it pluged it to charge it died completely for no reason my cell is in mint condition treat it like a baby ...sent it back I have done this 4 times sent it back 4 times... their repair service takes far too long the replacement is another headache all together not worth the headaches other companies repair and replace are fast not Asus now my phone has been sitting there since 23 rd of december its and no replacement yet and I'm out of a phone when I called them theory said I have to wait foir and email that could take 5 to 7 days to reply in order to get exchangec so what was I waiting for all this time will never buy Asus again