I bought mine, 2 weeks ago. Feels premium/classy. This device carry Snapdragon 430 octa core 64bit. Pretty fast with rich feature. Smooth in gaming I have csr2, ufc, and nba. So far so good. Here's my two cents regarding features.
Camera: Superb (But in Video recording using HDR mode, flicky)
Memory & Ram: Superb (With RAM needs to Power & Boost for efficiency)
Design: Superb (Big Screen means great movies, pics, but eats more power especially if brightness is set high)
Charge: Can be use 1A-2A charging
Battery: 5/10 for me. Drain fast using mix wiFi/movies/browsing fb/music/camera/games)
8/10 (WiFi/movies/music) or (WiFi/Games) Maybe in the future it can adopt z3max battery or either can be replaceable.
Weight: Superb (Thin and Light)
Price: Good buy.
But its up to you what is your preference and how you use your phone.
UPDATE: after the vibrate motor problem, my phone's battery start to have battery draining problem. I not sure if my phone is an affected one
I've got mine last week, so far so good as the battery may drain overnight because it's not entering deep sleep mode, after some day it turns out great and saves a lot of power overnight. What I need to said is the screen just looks a little blueish in white (I miss my amoled display), the speaker didn't sounds that good (some software problem) and the biggest problem is the vibrate motor. I think it has a weak vibrate motor. Sometimes it will not work and result in buzer sound from speaker. I had to restart the phone to solve it.
hows the camera on this phone, and how long does the battery phone lasts
Maddy and anyone else concerned about speakers:
- At first out of the box, the speakers sound awful and muffled like you were half covering the speaker with your thumb or something. It was brutal, and I was scared it was a hardware issue and the speaker was garbage. But rest assured, that's not the case.
- Sadly ASUS messed up on the software end by making the speakers APPEAR crap due to the lack of proper equalizing by default. The most recent ASUS update tries to patch this by adding an "Outdoor mode" button to the volume rocker menu, and this is somewhat an improvement, but there's a better way to fix it.
STEPS I TOOK TO FIX SPEAKER AUDIO:
1. Go to the inbuilt app "AudioWizard"
2. Click the "Music" button first, and then click the "Advanced Effect" button at the bottom.
3. Up the bass to a high-ish level
4. Up the treble to near-max
5. Leave "Dialog Enhancement" in the "OFF" position
6. Click the EQ tab at the top
7. Arrange the equalizer settings, mine are in an upward rising position until the end then it's straight downward. Hard to explain in text, but just have a song playing in the background and tweak these EQ settings until the audio sounds best.
8. Exit the "AudioWizard" app and the settings are saved. Any time the audio goes back to the original distorted sound, go back to "AudioWizard" and make sure "Music" is selected and the "Advanced Effect" settings remain saved. They should remain in place unless you trigger them off, which the new "Outdoor Mode" setting in the volume rocker will do, so avoid it.
Any other questions about all this, ask me. I love this phone so much, the speaker was the only problem, but thank GOD it was not a hardware defect! Only software related! Speakers are actually great when you fix them!
Is the second sim slot supports 4G and wat about the Speaker review. Please anyone who purchased this model tell about this.
i bought the phone for a week now, and heres my review-
Price: Reasonable for a 4gb/32gb combo
Battery life: it will last a day with moderate usage and gaming
Camera: perfect for its price
Gaming: superb can handle lite to heavy gaming with an ease
Specs: Honestly i think its not overpriced fair enough for its built.in specs
connectivity: fast and reliable for wifi/4gLTE
compared to p9 lite:
VR: asus (p9 has no gyro)
display: p9 and asus (depends on your settings)
size: p9 still a pocket friendly fone, go for asus if you want to experience good movie and gaming resolution
built quality: p9 and asus (premium feel)
non the less its up to the user what device suits your taste. for a gamer like me i suggest you go for asus the brand says it all :)
boy subo, 18 Oct 2016p9 lite vs zenfone 3 cpu- huawei display -huawei camera - huawei memory - asus ram- asu... morememory is not a big deal because it is expandable... but performance base?? duh choose huawei.
Zenfone 3 Laser with Snapdragon 430 is worst than Zeonfone 2 Laser with Snapdragon 615. And they are at the same price point!
p9 lite vs zenfone 3
camera - huawei
memory - asus
its your call
DJ, 18 Oct 2016Yeah, they have the same camera. Does it mean they have the same result when taking a photo? No its not.. P9 lite has good result rather than z3.
Anonymous, 17 Oct 2016P9 lite but its same price of Zenfone 3 too. but P9 Lite and Zenfone 3 Laser has same camera (... moreYeah, they have the same camera. Does it mean they have the same result when taking a photo?
DJ, 16 Oct 2016Which is better in overall performance, Asus Zenfone 3 Laser or Huawei P9 lite? Please do resp... moreP9 lite but its same price of Zenfone 3 too. but P9 Lite and Zenfone 3 Laser has same camera (SONY IMX 214)