BenQ-Siemens P51 - user opinions and reviews

BenQ-Siemens

6.8
7.0
6.9

no universal remocon?too bad! i love changing TV channels on public places!

• 2007-04-17 06:17
  • PT}I

Honestly! I think the executives at these tech sort of companies discuss their private matters in meetings i mean what is the purpose of a p51 to release. it is only a silver p50 and no new feature at all

• 2007-02-17 21:20
  • M@T2

can someone plz tell me how to get its software updated.I cannot find a dealer and the blue tooth is also not coming on.

• 2007-02-02 11:02
  • PFI8

Just to reply to some of your questions (I have first hand info from BenQ):
- Is a full featured Pocket PC device, not a simple smartphone,
- Does not have IrDA,
- Will come only in silver (from BenQ),
- Battery performance is much better than P50, about 3 days with a very hard ussage,
- It is not being sold in Mexico yet; it will be by March/07,
- BenQ will keep moving in Mexico,
- GPS module is builted in,
- Project is not cancelled, will be sold in selected markets (I know some ecommerce enterprices will sell it),
- In Mexico, a GPS software will not be included; but there are some available for the country: Mapalocalizador (http://www.mapalocalizador.com.mx/) or Destinator6.

• 2007-01-24 01:28
  • P12h

@ Edwin Villarreal:
I read that it has IR... Here:
If you want to find other similar phones, use advanced search this site; I've found about 9...

• 2006-12-12 14:31
  • p3xy

@ Edwin Villarreal
The CPU is: Intel PXA 272 416MHz

• 2006-12-12 14:24
  • p3xy

Hi Memo, the upcoming E-TEN Glofiish M700 has "all" of what you need, i.e., Glofiish M700 has 2Mp camera with flash, 2.8 inch touchscreen, bigger slideout QWERTY keyboard, Wi-Fi b/g, WM5, and built-in SiRF Star III GPS receiver plus quad band GSM, EDGE, bluetooth, FM radio with audio jack, and miniusb.

• 2006-12-12 13:07
  • QUHJ

Hello there. Actually I am Using the P50, wich has lower RAM, so P51 will work better.

But I cant find what processor this P51 has. If anyone knows please post it.

In the other hand, no IR port make me sad. I like to change channels on restaurant tvs :( ehehe

Well, still no EDGE or 3G, but it has 802.11g wich makes it faster on WiFi Connections.

If there is around a better phone plaese post it here :)

Regads
Edwin Villarreal
CHIPOLY

• 2006-12-09 16:48
  • LrVc

there are only a few pda/phones with de bs p51 caracteristics: HP 6910, and the glofiish m700 (from eten). Rigth now, the glofiish x500 seem to be the best one,(does not have the keyboard) comparable to asus p535, but the last one doesn't have EDGE technology

• 2006-12-09 03:03
  • PYC2

Is this the only phone in market with Camera, Touch screen, QWERTY Keyboard, Wi-Fi, Windows Mobile and GPS?? I need a device with this features, thanks.

• 2006-12-06 17:29
  • Bik3

i saw this phone in black version, and the general look really pleased me because it has a very clean design, but the lack of good features for a smartphone and the battery life kill this specific model. i would buy one if the battery could last longer.

• 2006-11-27 20:23
  • Pjyh

I don't advice anyone buying this. Poor battery..you have to have your charger with you all the time even on moon. Many people asked Benq to solve this issue, but nobody is listening..Their after sales support is lousy.

• 2006-11-16 10:44
  • M{3P

Good device, just no EDGE and poor battery. I hope it can be replaced with 1.800.

• 2006-11-13 10:03
  • PFgN

Today I found P51 accessible on one of czech web pages - they announced to have 2 pcs on stock. On monday I will verify, and probably order one of them:-)).
The price was less than 14.000 Kc (about 450EUR)

• 2006-11-11 23:19
  • pYuc

Hi to all,
I'm from Mexico and I'm aware that Telcel is offering this phone now. From my point of view, the main advantage of Benq against Treo is that this model runs Window Mobile. If anyone knows about further advantages, please let me know.

Regards,

• 2006-11-09 18:22
  • eYc8

Im from mexico i was looking to buy this in Europe but since it was left and Benq-siemens broke im very sad, this was a really powerful phone evenmore than HTC, mio or O2 Phones they have Mini or Micro SD and this uses SD which enables me to use a 8gb Pretec SD card since WM5 supports it...if you are telling that Telcel is going to bring it to mexico plz plz send me a mail a message something...!! i wanna buy it!! i plan to buy this phone a SDIO TV card and make it really powerful!!!

• 2006-11-07 22:14
  • P1PE

I have a friend working in BenQ Mexico; he is using a P51 and testing it, looking forward to sell it with Telcel in Mexico. He told me they are planning to start shipping it by 2007, fisrt quarter.

The project is not dead, just in selected markets BenQ -as Mexico (with Telcel, of course [6th. mobile phine carrier wwide and Business Week no. 1 tech. company)- is allocating new product.

• 2006-11-01 21:40
  • P12h

I thins for an reason for why Benq -Siemens don't release this phone: its a modernisation of P50 Benq phone (made before Siemens) and now has made canibalism with an another Siemens device; it's only the marketing problem, not techniqual all sourced of combined diveces (from mboth Sms & Bq) works well with the old brands

• 2006-10-27 15:25
  • MvtN

i dont think this phone will come soon the gps device in it doesnt work at all

• 2006-10-26 11:02
  • mR5B

BS must have tons of problems with this one, otherwise why would it be 6 months late?

that kind of a delay makes you think again.

• 2006-10-24 18:00
  • S2Jw
Total of 172 user reviews and opinions for BenQ-Siemens P51.