BlackBerry 8830 World Edition - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.1
5.6
6.2

I don't see why it will not work in Italy? It has GSM 900 and 1800. Can anyone clear this up?

• 2007-06-28 01:15
  • kefd

"World Edition" is a joke. I work in the industry and the GSM requirements to even call it "World phone" requires at least triband. Being here in Canada, Telus sells this and it's a joke. This phone wouldn't work in a lot of EU places, Italy for one. And to call something Worldphone but no 3G? Rofl??

• 2007-06-23 01:57
  • 467B

This is for business use, which is why I bought one and it seems to have all the funcionality I will need when on the road to keep me in the loop until I get to my PC...nuff said.

• 2007-06-19 16:45
  • Ev1a

im not too sure about aeystoye but sprint is not the only wireless company advertising and selling this phone. so is verizon, cingular, and t-mobile. which may not turn out to be so great for sprint regarding that so many other wirless companies are already distributing this model.

looks like a good phone though-im getting one with verizon this saturday. (verizon only sells this model in silver though not black)

• 2007-06-13 21:31
  • 4yMW

No camera, No 3G, no WLAN - people will want more. Try to make closer to O2 next time.

• 2007-06-09 15:46
  • UD%6

To asetoye, I believe the phone isn't available yet, so how can you state you've been using it????

• 2007-06-09 01:12
  • QT5m

it is always pride.

• 2007-06-06 11:39
  • m{mV

The BB 8830 is the best business phones that I have had the pleasure to use on a daily bases. I have owned PC computer phones, and about every type of phone/PDA on the market over the last 10 years. For a Business person who travels the BB's battery is very long lasting and the volume and respection is outstanding. I give the BB 8830 a 10 on a 1 to 10 scoring.

• 2007-06-02 07:02
  • 4M{k

for the smart asses who said that cameras are not allowed in offices just want to clear it out that blackberry curve has a 2MP camera, i dont know who they are trying to target this unit towards, i'll leave that for you guys to figure out

• 2007-05-28 23:13
  • QGMH

The blackberry 8830 and 8800 both don't have a camera, there is a Blackberry Curve unit which has a 2 Megapixel Camera and the looks and features are very similar to the 8830 and 8800.

• 2007-05-28 23:08
  • QGMH

You guys that are using BB and thinking there the most stable OS have never used a Treo 700 WX. It has the camera WIFI and comes with MSOffice complete. BB needs to sit up and take notice.

• 2007-05-27 04:40
  • 4gC8

I shifted from version where I was using the palm treo 700WX. The coverage in our area was just to poor so we changed carriers and the best phone they have is the BlackBerry 8830. Compared to the Palm Treo 700WX the BlackBerry is a piece of junk. To complicated to use. The Treo has a stylis and the entire unit is user friendly. BlackBerry to me is a poorly made and designed toy.

• 2007-05-27 04:34
  • 4gC8

go blackberry's

• 2007-05-20 01:38
  • kA}N

Blackbery 8830 is my real mini computer i am very thankfull to that person who has been produce this cell.

• 2007-05-17 19:07
  • PWYw

@ Scott Yankee,

THERE IS NO CAMERA!!!!

check this sprint webiste. it has ALL of the specifications, and there is no camera.

• 2007-05-12 05:08
  • Yaiu

Currently I use a Nokia E61 and quite happy with, Nevertheless I am considering to buy a new one with keyboard. I am thinking about this BB, htc s620 or Palm Treo 750. I need to check e-mails and open some word attachments ann work on it. My e-mail server does not have push e-mail, so what I check the e-mails manually or I program E61 to check my e-mail accounts every 30 minutes. Is it possible to do the same with this BB or I need to do it through the push-email system? Wifi could be also interesting as well as skype or something similar. Your comments and suggestions are wellcomed!

• 2007-05-06 16:55
  • N9VH

I don't consider this phone as a public or a user friendly phone, just cuz it doesn't have camera nor all other specifications required for youth daily use.

• 2007-05-05 19:14
  • NhG5

you guys dont seem to understand... BBs are targeted towards businesses... not regular average joe... the BB is for the exec person and managers therefore, most if not all companys dont allow cameras for copyright and forgery(sp?) reasons... get over yourselfs and accept that the BB if for the business person not someone that wants it all in a phone.

the BB has the most stable OS out there. i have owned both symbian and windows os phones/pdas and all they do is crash, freeze or something... i now have a BB and have never once had to restart or pull the battery because of a freeze or restart...

like i said if you want a phone with a mp3 player or/and camera go elsewhere, these PDAs/phones are for the businesses! get used to it...

• 2007-05-04 20:30
  • Qbe0

u can`t compete with nokia ok.they are not making toys they know what customer want.

• 2007-05-04 19:50
  • 2Adf

Dear Readers
U all have to understand that Black Berry is a dedecated business phone and now days camera phones are not allowed in offices .So pls dont expect any camera from BB Phones if u need a camera Phone then u can buys Nokia Toys
Thanks

• 2007-05-02 19:32
  • U2eS
Total of 556 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry 8830 World Edition.