BlackBerry Bold 9780 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

7.5
7.5
7.7

Hi, I bought BB9780 and after I miss the call there is no blinking led like on 9700. Is it that I don't know how to set it, or it doesn't blink after missed calls? Please help!

• 2011-03-13 20:53
  • 0IId

1. OS 6.0 not works perfectly, many kinds problem.
2. My device have track pad trouble, sometimes one tap to enter but it reacts more. :(
3. Double tap on keypad.
4. Hfree is so crunchy.

• 2011-03-13 13:26
  • txxP

I've been using a Bold 9700 for about a year now. This is my first AND last BB. Thing is the BB concept is great, but RIM is starting to implement way to many controls. For starter the vendor ID's they lock into the phone makes it hell to play to you your BB on any other network than the original vendor network.

I would like to use "my" phone however I like and not be limited/restricted.

Secondly they have a very uncompetative stance wrt access to the BIS/BES APIs - see what happened to KiK...

I recon my next phone will be Android (thanks Google for being FREE) and MOTO or HTC seems to be the manufacturer to go for.

As for the iPhone, great PR job Apple! But I'm not convinced; after they hype is gone the iPad/iPhone is just another thingy limited by the iStore.

I can't wait for Google to launch they desktop OS to complement Android........

• 2011-03-13 07:35
  • 3sEw

> In reply to johti @ 2011-03-11 18:50 from m50W - click to readThe bb bold is great if it worked right.
Do yourself a favour, buy off ebay.. Don't buy from a shop, rim swap your phone for a used one if you have a problem with it, even if it is just 5wks old.. I can't connect to wifi unless I disconnect from my network..
If you want bb services, just get pay and go sim or a sim only tariff.. Ask your network for a bb add on! It shoud be 5pound a month.

• 2011-03-12 23:01
  • 3Hu6

> In reply to craigy33 @ 2011-03-12 00:20 from 9KJA - click to readthanks Craig for that.. oh well looks like i will stop with my iphone.. thanks again.

• 2011-03-12 17:23
  • m50W

> In reply to johti @ 2011-03-11 18:50 from m50W - click to readHi Mate,

For a Blackberry of any model, to get the full functions available through a Blackberry mobile you need to get on a Blackberry BIS (Bisness Internet Solutions) plan so you can can use all the features, such as MMS, Web browsing and Apps. If you don't get a BIS plan then you can only use the mobile to make and recieve calls and SMS.

I'm in Australia and our mobile carriers charge us about $10 per month on top of our normal SIM plan and this $10 they add on the BIS plan to your account so you can use your Blackberry with all it's features.

I hope this helps you,

Cheers

Craig

• 2011-03-12 00:20
  • 9KJA

how strong is this bb products

• 2011-03-12 00:19
  • ftVg

I agree with Alfredo, number 1 phone i nthe market right now! Go get yourself one, LIVE!

• 2011-03-11 20:51
  • QVrI

Best BB Bold ever made by far! If you`re thinking about getting this phone, just do it!!!

• 2011-03-11 20:47
  • QVrI

if i was to buy this sim free.. do i need a blackberry contract to use the apps and messaging or will i beable to use it like any other phone.. i here conflicting vues on this... please help...

• 2011-03-11 18:50
  • m50W

hellow is blackberry 9780 bold compatible with skype if yes whats the website to download?

• 2011-03-11 09:56
  • fuVW

Hi

I did have the BB Torch 9800 but decided to sell it as I found the keys to small to use and nit enough space to move around when using the keyboard, also when using the touch screen to type it was nice and sensitive but the phone squeaked alot and didn't feel solid.

Anyhows I am now considering buying the BB Bold 9700 or BB Bold 9780, now comparing the two there is only slight differences between the two like pixels in the camera, ram speed, OS software etc, now to buy either one there is about $160 in price between the two, so do you think it's worth paying the extra for the 9780 or the 9700 will be fine?

Thanks

Craig

• 2011-03-11 07:51
  • sybR

awesome phone... os6 is just outstanding..

• 2011-03-11 07:13
  • UZmu

i want to buy a blackberry which 1 should i buy?

• 2011-03-10 19:36
  • PIdB

Hello Blackberry Team, why don't u all give high colours in LCD screen with very high resolutio.
2. Radio with RDS, Visual Radio, FM Transmitter & with Radio Recording.
3. Very Long Battery Backup for eg., 12 to 14 hrs. like Nokia does.
4. 8 to 10 Mega pixel camera with more zoom options.
5. Seperate jacks for every connectivity and user friendly.
6. Network / signal light plus Tone with On & Off Option.
7. Sensor to detect light setting with on / off option.
If u will do this your company will definately grow faster than other company. Thankyou.

• 2011-03-10 18:42
  • 2@5T

> In reply to Jeshian @ 2011-03-10 09:33 from Nhc1 - click to readI've done it a few times with my 9700 but I'm sure it's my fault, maybe a very light double touch on the space bar? I'm just about to change to a 9780 and I'm confident all will be OK. What a superb phone the 9700 has been for mailing........ second to none!

• 2011-03-10 18:18
  • pu3%

That key stutter problem seems recorrent...

That's pretty bad for RIM!

• 2011-03-10 17:11
  • SjS@
  • F

I suggest not to buy this 9780, its real crap...
We pay lots, but we get a truly device with lots of problem. I already change my 9780, 3 times, but the same problems always come! its the keypad issue.. when I push a in once, it will appears aaaa or more .. oh man .. i am tired to have this 'cheap' quality of bb ...

• 2011-03-10 16:40
  • KxiM

> In reply to Garry @ 2011-03-10 06:09 from kaJh - click to readhow to do that ?
so your keypad will be slow
cz mines really fast and e i hate it

• 2011-03-10 14:28
  • uEDs

> In reply to Sameer sam khan @ 2011-02-19 19:01 from 3Ybn - click to readhi sam......can we use skype on it?

• 2011-03-10 11:20
  • ubEM
Total of 2834 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Bold 9780.