BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 - user opinions and reviews

7.6

camera mot good

• 2014-09-20 16:27
  • NwLN

I have bold 9900, overall mobile is so good but i have got some problems.First is, Sometime mobile start rebooting itself and it went into the infinite loop and continously restarting.and that thing happens too frequently even twice or thrice in a day. 2nd is when I try to capture the photo with flash then after flashing my cell get again in the state of rebooting, Can anyone help me with this problem please

• 2014-09-16 19:15
  • NsFJ

why's there a line running across the screen.like the 1st quater of the screen. my screen goes sort of like off, well like dimmish and i cannot see anything on the screen, when I get into my car and whilst the car is moving, my screen goes off

• 2014-09-09 20:22
  • f0ed

• 2014-09-08 19:46
  • 6QvL

> In reply to kimani @ 2014-08-30 14:23 from fmxh - click to readGo to text message, type mypine then hit space

• 2014-09-04 17:03
  • fm5Q

Hey everyone, blackberry 9900 doesn't connect to wifi after gprs. It always works on gprs. Kindly guide me.

• 2014-09-04 03:12
  • PUMu

> In reply to Sandy @ 2014-08-28 20:22 from 3sEw - click to readpliz help me how to know the bb ID.

• 2014-08-30 14:23
  • fmxh

I have a BB 9900 and having problem signing in yahoo I'm the very first day I got the phone. Someone help.. 2A223693. Sandy

• 2014-08-28 20:22
  • 3sEw

> In reply to Robert @ 2014-08-17 10:18 from ii6Z - click to readDear friend !

press ALT+LGLG then a page will be open u need to remove all files on that page u make more space in ur mobile. if few file didnt delete so just ignore them. perform it on every day to keep ur cellphone fast. :) Good Day !!

• 2014-08-20 04:19
  • Uq4R

> In reply to Tukur Yamele @ 2014-08-15 07:28 from N9@S - click to readDont think so: new blackberries will spend internet traffic exactly like an android = A LO-O-O-T!!! Their apn is not anymore blackberry.net but the apn from you internet mobile traffic provider data plan and this now becomes very stupid! Where is their compressed traffic via BIS anymore, where is their security?!?

• 2014-08-20 00:27
  • Ss14

On restart in the morning I have 52MG available application storage memory.
By late afternoon the damn resource manager says I have about 15MG and have to reboot all the time.
What is happening.
I dont run anything but basic OS - no social network stuff, location aware stuff, etc.
Where has all the memory gone?

Please advise if you can help

• 2014-08-17 10:18
  • ii6Z

BlackBerry 10 is the best phone ever. Keep the good work RIM

• 2014-08-15 07:28
  • N9@S

After I selected. 'Never' on refresh news feed on facebook,my 9900 battery now lasts and lasts.With a full battery I can go for my whole day and still remain with above half

• 2014-08-14 18:59
  • 3sEj

I hv a bold 9900 the available apps listed do not hv Documents to go, you tube, RSS feeds app and FM radio. I need assistance on how I can down load these apps. I don't know if a soft ware upgrade can solve these lapses. I will appreciate an informed solution from anyone Many thanks. Smiling Inno

• 2014-08-13 16:59
  • 3sE3

NFC support ,,, amazing
Blackberry-bold

• 2014-08-05 20:58
  • 6QKK

> In reply to Saichand @ 2014-07-30 03:07 from rKM1 - click to readI love blackberry 9900

• 2014-08-03 04:19
  • PA7E

> In reply to Bonita @ 2014-07-11 17:07 from 3sEj - click to readThere is no sensor key in bb 9900. All keys are buttons(including call, menu, back, and power).

• 2014-07-30 03:07
  • rKM1

I cannot believe I upgraded to this. What a mistake. Various problems but the one that really bites is there is no autofocus on the camera. It is useless for photos.

• 2014-07-29 23:09
  • 5K}C

The least reliable phone what I ever had.

- "Battery level to low for radio use" after 10 hour with light use. 12 hour if I did not used it at all(!!!) and sometimes only 4 hour if I used it heavily (for example I made 2 longer phone calls (not hours just minutes!) and used the internet for a hour). If you just switched it off and put it away after a day its needs to be recharge as well (what the hell?)
- Did you mute the phone? No problem, a youtube video will start with full sound anyway.
- Starting with an error message: "Uncaught exception: Object already exists". The community answer: reinstall the system... ...I did it it remained the same.
- Slow and the apps freeze frequently. Especially the browser which drop the pages all the time.
- Sync with online accounts (gmail, calendar and contacts for example) is only if you have data plan with BB BIS or BES.
- It's call numbers sometimes randomly (I put an app to interfere with these callings but come on!)
- Its just cant handle a lot of webpage.
- Most of my emails (around 60%) is not shown on this phone.
- It don't have offline maps on it at all (don't come with the useless trackbudy. Most of the time that program not even works) so you need data plan + strong service signal and battery level if you would like to navigate with this. When the "Battery level to low for radio use" you will be lost.

- The apps usually came with shitload of spam. Some of them spamming you even if you don't run it at all. They send you popup messages, emails...etc even if you not in that app.
- The apps also generate data traffic even if they suppose to do nothing on the web (thanks for the good you can denied them to do if you know how to do).
- The apps are really expensive. However most of them poorly developed and designed.
- Most of the free apps are trial and you only able to use them a day or one times or something like that. After you have to buy them. Apps like barcode scanner...etc. Did I mentioned the apps are really expensive?
- There is themes for the phone interface what can make the phone totally useless if you use folders on your homescreen (most of the themes cant handle the folders). Yes even expensive themes do that. So you buy something then you feel you put sellotape on your expensive gear.
- Every single install (even a simple cardgame) make a systemreboot.
- The phone rebooting painfully slow.
- The camera has no autofocus. Therefore its makes a lot of times scanning a barcode almost impossible.

Most of the problem the community say: I should reinstall the software... hell no more!
The community always blame the third parties. Most of my other gear can work together flawlessly only the BB devices making dramas all the time (Bold, Torch, Playbook...I have loads of problem with them all the time)

My opinion: this phone is nice how its looks.
Its work well with data plan+BIS.
Its not an efficient and reliable phone I hardly can us it as a serious business phone.

• 2014-07-28 12:10
  • pLjs

one of the worost mo
bile in this universe is blackberry

• 2014-07-25 12:36
  • 7vVI
Total of 3287 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900.