BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 - user opinions and reviews

8.1
7.6
7.8

hi all...
one solution to the battery problem is to change the setting to 2G only... the device battery is last 50% more when only on 2G

and then when 3G is need it... you activate it

• 2011-11-21 11:15
  • 33@0

> In reply to TMP @ 2011-11-21 07:19 from fXgq - click to readit says Stand-by time is 307 hours, that means if you don't use your cellphone that's how long it will last for

• 2011-11-21 10:32
  • NhdT

Why is the battery life so bad if I am lucky it lasts 1 day yet on the specs they say 307 hours ?

• 2011-11-21 07:19
  • fXgq

True the battery needs to improve....but over all is the best blackberry out there.. the touch screen makes so many blackberry functions easier.

• 2011-11-20 23:42
  • Lya7

I have 5 email accounts on the 9900. Turn off location enabling, and change screen to 20 sec time out. I have in excess of 40 usages of the 9900 per day but rarely go on the internet, mainly emails, calls and BBMs. What battery problem. I have no problem at all. The phone is fantastic. I charge any mobile every day in any case.

• 2011-11-20 23:16
  • sS{6

beside the battery that barely last till night time , i m very satisfied with dakota, love the touch screen functionality , make it easier to do things

• 2011-11-20 17:15
  • uEAN

the only thing that keeps me away from buying this phone is the touch screen. ARE THERE any new released QWERTY phones with 5mp+ that are not touch screen....

• 2011-11-20 15:05
  • t7BN

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-19 15:42 from Trpq - click to readit does'nt last a day.

• 2011-11-20 10:53
  • Hxfg

Yh I got my BB9900 about a month ago and I av not regretted moving from my bb9700 yet. My first experience with the fone I noticed it was super fast with amazingly speedy downloads & I know how my people love 2 download. Let's jst say its 10 times faster than the previous bold. Most pple are concerned about the battery life not being enough but lyk my bold2 wich was fair, this manages to stay alive for longer hours so far I'm not downloading stuff or taking pictures. The battery lasts on standby mode(I.e wen its idle) it doesn't die in the middle of the night so when I set my alarm I'm sure its going to ring. The keypad is sweeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Lyk I'm typing now on it & feel lyk I'm in heaven. The keypad is better than bold9000 cause I used that too. The touch screen is a sexy touch & with the slim form factor u mite feel lyk ur using an iphone.I rate the fone 10/10 (y) Direct any questions u mite have to me.

• 2011-11-19 23:02
  • 3sEw

is the battery problem going through 9900

• 2011-11-19 15:42
  • Trpq

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-17 14:48 from fjLD - click to readHello, I'm pleased to answer your query as some people that are on here are abusive and ignorant! Sorry, anyhow....I use my BB mainly for calls and occasional facebook but not BBM. I seriously get around 3 days usage since the swap from the first one I had and the sales man had told me that the first batch had issues ie Battery drainage. I doubted him at first as I and many others had the same problem however since I had swapped I can say no more drainage and all I can say is praise the BB I currently have now! I also have an iphone which i do use for calls so in other words I'm not a heavy user on the BB but thus the BB giving me 3 days or so still isn't bad even it were to be on standby! Despite many people are having this drainage problem their opinion may differ from me but I urge them to ask for a replacement as they are releasing the 2nd batch! Good luck.

• 2011-11-18 22:23
  • 3pHh

I have been using blackberries for 3 years now and I have gone through each and every device Blackberry introduced.

i now have a Torch 9800, a bold 9700 and a bold 9900

bold 9900 is the best device blackberry has ever come up with

but with one and only one problem... a major problem which is really irritating.

the battery life is the worst i have ever seen not only on a blackberry but on any other device i have ever used... and i have used a lot !!!

it is really frustrating and sad to have such an amazing device with such a let down. I am a heavy user... bbm whatsapp msn 5 email accounts phone calls and some browsing... I charge my device fully 2 or 3 times per day

2 or 3 times per day... thats how bad the battery life is...

i just dont understand how blackberry can still do such mistakes !

• 2011-11-18 18:06
  • 33@0

Plz all these people complaining and ranting about this phone's battery, do you all actually own this phone or you are just talking bcos yu saw 1230mAh?

• 2011-11-18 15:35
  • ftKH

what it the sar phone?.... i heard thet is 1000

• 2011-11-18 14:37
  • 0UHS

Blackberry 9900......battery is just 1230 mAh..its really poor performance....!

• 2011-11-18 06:38
  • uwcN

This thing is a joke. Most apps dont work on it, It is no faster and lacks basic functions. Its my 5th BBerry and that says something for how long it will last. If it weren't for work requiring it, I'd never own one.

• 2011-11-18 00:11
  • qAaj

Battery is Very good

Every one is lieing...

• 2011-11-17 18:43
  • vwes

Great Phone but the battery sucks

• 2011-11-17 16:29
  • MUaw

I'm in love with this phone despite the battery issues that I was encountering in all reviews that I've read, and still I was planning to have it for christmas when my parents told me that it was phased out already at their place (KSA, particularly Jeddah, gosh it didnt even last 5mos. there.

• 2011-11-17 14:48
  • Kg{J

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-16 19:24 from 3pHh - click to readHi, Do u use the social networks and do you have to switch your internet off for it to last so long? I'm on to my forth BB9900 in 1 month and my battery only last me a maximum of 6 hours. i do use facebook and BBM only i dont use any other social network. Do you also have to change your network from 3G to 2G when you are not using the Internet. Thanks alot

• 2011-11-17 14:48
  • fjLD
Total of 3375 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900.