BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

8.2
7.7
7.8

> In reply to Moo @ 2011-08-07 19:19 from nCYg - click to readi should say i have bought the BB on prepay so just pay the 7.50GBP for BIS i own the phone outright with NO contract...I still have to pay for text,sms,phone calls etc ..

It seems like another high end smartphone and i will wait till it comes out prepay.

• 2011-08-08 20:02
  • mXKy

when is this handset releasing snd what is the cost..can't wait for it's release..yayy looks like the best bold brand so far still love my bold9000 itg was my 1st..

• 2011-08-08 13:57
  • PvW1

> In reply to brynn @ 2011-08-07 01:18 from mXKy - click to readEither of those is a lot better than what us poor BB users pay here in the UAE. For national unlimited it's GBP 30 with one carrier and 22 with the other (monthly). The former also offers 50 MB for 15. I'd take your 7.50 plan gladly.

• 2011-08-07 19:19
  • nCYg

i am very excited about this phone, the classic and most all rounded phone was first the bold 9000 and when that was discontinued it was a shame! now finally they have come out with this phone!!! im so excited. looking to get it this month!!!

• 2011-08-07 13:16
  • Mx@E

everybody should seriously stop complaining about how BB sucks bcuz sure their a little outdated but havnt you noticed that maybe BB arent slow maybe the other brands are just moving 2 fast i mean for me HD video is perfect 5 MP is the same NFC dont really need it and the fact that BB's are the best at buisness then this phone is perfect i mean do you really need full hd when u can buy a professionel DSLR cam and does anyone really need more then 20 thousand apps? I dont think so، but i do think that the only thing missing for BB is video call camera but i dont really need it and at least fruit ninja i just love that game and it would be perfect for bold touch anyone agree?

• 2011-08-07 03:54
  • 3xKI

> In reply to gsmuser @ 2011-08-06 07:16 from Rbq1 - click to readMy BIS account gets me 500MB of data and costs 5GBP but if i am using a non BB smartfone 500MB of data costs 7.50GBP..So i get the BIS account and use it in my BB plus my other smartfones..

• 2011-08-07 01:18
  • mXKy

> In reply to Sid @ 2011-08-05 13:32 from n53s - click to readYes, the bold touch will be available in white. Apparently it will be a month or two after the original black one.

• 2011-08-06 14:18
  • f0xa

Blackberry REALLY needs to step it up. Yes, yes, I know business people finds it perfect especially for Corps who hand out the phones with full communicative support. But BB fans, should stop finding stupid excuses and should stop saying "but its perfect for my needs" No. Just No. It's no about apps, looks, processor power and not about how big the screen is for tapping. Blackberry is lagging in the "innovative" department and most importantly...NOBODY wants to forcibly use BES for full internet. Many people want their cheaper unlimited data plans which render the phone half-pointless with their proprietary BES Internet, and no, it's not about how they could not afford it.

• 2011-08-06 07:16
  • Rbq1

> In reply to Sid @ 2011-08-05 13:32 from n53s - click to readCant find anything but sometimes they bring out other colours.I would like to see red after having red colour torch..I am not been sexist saying pink would be nice..I have a pink Nokia C3 and g600 and they look ok even tho i am male...

• 2011-08-05 22:31
  • mXKy

I was wondering if anyone knows if the 9900 Bold will be available in WHITE? and on which network?

Thanks

• 2011-08-05 13:32
  • n53s

I have tried to contact BB but got my email back suggesting other sites but i want a suuround sound option or 3D sound or srs wow but dont know who to ask...i cant do it myself cause ia m no coder...Does anyone know any BB coders or another downloadable MP3 player with surropund sound /reverb options..

They need to get more dedicated apps with some free like trials bjt BB does seem not open to coders like all other O/S..Thanks.

• 2011-08-05 00:03
  • nFe9

> In reply to [deleted post]No i dont agree with them or you,,so what about fancy screens and dont start that apps bollox who uses 400,000 apps you could not try them all in your lifetime..Mature people see through this and have a maximun of 20 quality apps on their smartfone..The camera is there to take snaps who is going to take fotos of their wedding day or big sports event using a poxy smartfone??

Your argument is not accepted and you should find another fone to buy,,its your money dont buy a BB..

I love the security, battery life and eficiancy of REAL buttons over a damned nuisance full touchscreen in BB ..It is a work device and not meant to be a kids toy like dumbfone ifone.

• 2011-08-04 20:30
  • nFe9

> In reply to Kanagasubramanian @ 2011-08-03 13:46 from PTic - click to readits very simple a BMW/ Mercedes car buyer does not think about car mileage....

• 2011-08-04 16:48
  • vIah

blackberry going to launch great gadget with it you can enjoy 3 way navigation without slider
eg. Touch+ B.B optical trackpad+ key pad.

• 2011-08-04 16:43
  • vIah

> In reply to tzee @ 2011-08-03 20:20 from 3sEp - click to readThe CPU will only run at the speed it needs to,,it does not run at 1.2GHz unless neccessary.

• 2011-08-03 20:43
  • nFe9

> In reply to Kanagasubramanian @ 2011-08-03 13:46 from PTic - click to readE6 is good but often folk need auto-focus for reciepts buisness cards and q codes,,in fact thats what put me off E6 because i was going to buy it..My name is on E6 forum but cannot live with no auto focus but that big BP-4L battery is in E6 as well,arrgghh..If i buy E6 i will need another A/F cam as well making it a 2 box solution but its 2011 and carrying around 2 devices should be gone..

• 2011-08-03 20:35
  • nFe9

I tought it's gonna come with a powerful backup battery which could last longer with a 1.2Ghz processor which inturn it's gonna have a very huge power consumption. Its 1230mAh battery isn't satisfactory enough for it's features as I'm very sure the OS gonna include widgets also which consumes a lot of power. BB9700 I'm using has a powerful battery, 1500mAh which I don't switch off internet to have more backup running on BB OS 5 looking to upgrade to OS 6 but I trust my battery backup unlike this new BB.

• 2011-08-03 20:20
  • 3sEp

• 2011-08-03 20:20
  • 3sEp

my question is this why if it has a touch screen does it have a trackpad too why could RIM not do away with that entire button configuration that has been on evry bb since the begining of time and put those buttons on the screen and have that shortcuts bar hidden in a pull out draw from the side? or something like that and then make thier screen a lil bigger and chop off some of that body and make the phone smaller? would look so much better

• 2011-08-03 16:59
  • Nh3n
Total of 3387 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900.