BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

8.1
7.6
7.8

I was wondering if anyone knows if the 9900 Bold will be available in WHITE? and on which network?

Thanks

• 2011-08-05 13:32
  • n53s

I have tried to contact BB but got my email back suggesting other sites but i want a suuround sound option or 3D sound or srs wow but dont know who to ask...i cant do it myself cause ia m no coder...Does anyone know any BB coders or another downloadable MP3 player with surropund sound /reverb options..

They need to get more dedicated apps with some free like trials bjt BB does seem not open to coders like all other O/S..Thanks.

• 2011-08-05 00:03
  • nFe9

> In reply to [deleted post]No i dont agree with them or you,,so what about fancy screens and dont start that apps bollox who uses 400,000 apps you could not try them all in your lifetime..Mature people see through this and have a maximun of 20 quality apps on their smartfone..The camera is there to take snaps who is going to take fotos of their wedding day or big sports event using a poxy smartfone??

Your argument is not accepted and you should find another fone to buy,,its your money dont buy a BB..

I love the security, battery life and eficiancy of REAL buttons over a damned nuisance full touchscreen in BB ..It is a work device and not meant to be a kids toy like dumbfone ifone.

• 2011-08-04 20:30
  • nFe9

> In reply to Kanagasubramanian @ 2011-08-03 13:46 from PTic - click to readits very simple a BMW/ Mercedes car buyer does not think about car mileage....

• 2011-08-04 16:48
  • vIah

blackberry going to launch great gadget with it you can enjoy 3 way navigation without slider
eg. Touch+ B.B optical trackpad+ key pad.

• 2011-08-04 16:43
  • vIah

> In reply to tzee @ 2011-08-03 20:20 from 3sEp - click to readThe CPU will only run at the speed it needs to,,it does not run at 1.2GHz unless neccessary.

• 2011-08-03 20:43
  • nFe9

> In reply to Kanagasubramanian @ 2011-08-03 13:46 from PTic - click to readE6 is good but often folk need auto-focus for reciepts buisness cards and q codes,,in fact thats what put me off E6 because i was going to buy it..My name is on E6 forum but cannot live with no auto focus but that big BP-4L battery is in E6 as well,arrgghh..If i buy E6 i will need another A/F cam as well making it a 2 box solution but its 2011 and carrying around 2 devices should be gone..

• 2011-08-03 20:35
  • nFe9

I tought it's gonna come with a powerful backup battery which could last longer with a 1.2Ghz processor which inturn it's gonna have a very huge power consumption. Its 1230mAh battery isn't satisfactory enough for it's features as I'm very sure the OS gonna include widgets also which consumes a lot of power. BB9700 I'm using has a powerful battery, 1500mAh which I don't switch off internet to have more backup running on BB OS 5 looking to upgrade to OS 6 but I trust my battery backup unlike this new BB.

• 2011-08-03 20:20
  • 3sEp

• 2011-08-03 20:20
  • 3sEp

my question is this why if it has a touch screen does it have a trackpad too why could RIM not do away with that entire button configuration that has been on evry bb since the begining of time and put those buttons on the screen and have that shortcuts bar hidden in a pull out draw from the side? or something like that and then make thier screen a lil bigger and chop off some of that body and make the phone smaller? would look so much better

• 2011-08-03 16:59
  • Nh3n

Just had a hands on go wit this phone and what can i say...

It just feels so nice to hold in hand, its not oversized it is much like the original bold 9000 just half the thickness. It has a good feel with a slightly larger keypad which should appeal to a slightly largere target area aswell.

As for the insides, it is so quick and snappy. Running a 1.2gb processor and the new os 7 makes it feel like a dream come true. I would even rate the smoothness at which it scrolls higher than the top end smartphones. It is right up there. Internet webpage loading aswell is a lot faster than the iphone and the original galaxy s. This is maybe to due with the 14.4 mbps speed.

I think RIM has got the right idea to not incorporate a touch keypad on the phone as this would take up far too much space on the already limited size screen.

Many may disagree with me when they see this phone on the market at the end of the month but i believe this is RIM's new flagship model and until the new models with the QNX os comes out, it is flying the flag very highly indeed.

• 2011-08-03 16:17
  • ix17

I am having Nokia E6, my friend is owning a BB Bold 9780 latest one. First BB is so costly, apart from the high end Bold models remaining Tour are really looking pathetic compared with the same cost Nokia E series. Another one issue with BB is its monthly spending is very high, without the BB services i am not able to get the Email or most of the features, completely locked one. I hate this entirely. E6 is using 680Mhz processor and the ram is 256MB only but that is not bad at all and the new Symbian Anna providing excellent UI and features completely free. I am accepting still performance of E6 need to be improved, (The latest software update of E6 happened just 2 days before, improved the performance in excellent way). BB is very specific to business users who need excellent keypad, fast email service nothing else and all the remaining options are already available in better way in iPhone and android OSes. Even in business point of view, there is no front camera for video call really very important feature missing in this Bold touch also. Only important update is more RAM, More processor speed and touch screen. But already available BB Bold models are working fast, no need for more processor going to screw the battery. (Battery power is reduced in this model). The touchpad is already helping lot to make fast things, so just for a touch screen nobody will again spend 500$+ for this model.
I have written my opinion, if anybody having valuable feedback for this please write it.
My Nokia E6 build quality and the keypad (even BB can't match with it) with all the new features are excellent, not expecting more powerful camera than this. Video is working cool in Nokia E6. My expectation from Nokia in business model is 2.8" screen with more processing power and RAM with some more better integrated apps, nobody can match the Nokia but everything in time, not a delayed one.

• 2011-08-03 13:46
  • PTic
  • F

> In reply to brynn @ 2011-08-02 20:30 from nFe9 - click to readits very nice

• 2011-08-03 13:13
  • vI1H

does anyone know of a company that will allow me to import the phone into south africa without charging me over 530 euro?

• 2011-08-02 22:34
  • fqjb

Their is about 141 million BB users at a count last year but need to find that info again..My gym just about everyone has BB from 8250 to Bold 9780 to Torch and some of them pearl types either 8120/8110.

BB is still very big and with new devices on way its the boost they need..Moto was in the doghouse with s/e 2yrs ago and everyone except the fans kept digging the oar in saying FAIL,FAIL.But they are back.
This beats Nokia e6 by having auto-focus which is essential for photos of reciepts,buisness cards and with NFC taking off in UK the BB990 is NFC ready and bang up to date..

This bold has original Bold 9000 keypad which us fans are after and HD video record plus other bang up to date features ,BUT,,i am concerned about battery life ..

• 2011-08-02 20:38

This is just in on gsmarena blog event in London tomorrow could launch BB9900

• 2011-08-02 20:30
  • nFe9

For all people claiming that bb will go out of business your severly wrong. I work in a phone shop, and yes we sell htc, samsung, but our highest seller is blackberry. We have had alot of intrest in this phone already. If your looking to buy i BB i recommend going into a store and trying one out for yourself. its not very everyone. I have the 9800 but i kinda wish i had waited for this one.

• 2011-08-02 17:47
  • M3s@

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-07-25 19:41 from TCr0 - click to readBlackberry sell millions of handsets every year, they definately wont go out of buisness anytime soon lol

• 2011-08-02 14:31
  • 3AxW

> In reply to Swpnl @ 2011-08-01 12:51 from w46U - click to readNo it dnt

• 2011-08-02 01:16
  • 3H0s

> In reply to Swpnl @ 2011-08-01 12:51 from w46U - click to readSure.....

• 2011-08-02 00:41
  • nCbx
Total of 3377 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900.