BlackBerry Curve 8520 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.8
6.1
6.2

I personly think the blackberry is a awsome phone and i recomend it to anyone who has the money and needs a new phone.

• 2010-04-01 11:37
  • fXY4

Hi all...does anybody know how to silent the numerical keypad ( 0 - 9)in NORMAL profile not QUIET profile because when i want to make a call i have to use the numerical key pad and it's so noisy in normal profile...the alphabet keypad is fine without sound but the numerical keypad piss me off >:<
please anybody know please tellme how to silent it in NORMAL profile...

• 2010-04-01 11:14
  • PRU@

> In reply to wondering... @ 2010-03-29 13:05 from MfxH - click to readHi. Without a subscript
ion you won't be able to use your'e BB for anything else than sending or receiving an sms or making or receiving calls. I love my BB 8520 no problems of any kind!!!

• 2010-04-01 09:56
  • 3sEm

> In reply to Yakooza @ 2010-03-18 18:06 from 0Cn7 - click to readNo you can not

• 2010-04-01 09:43
  • 3sEm

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-03-29 10:56 from uT%b - click to readThnks so much for the update.....i would like to know if there is any recommended Anti virus that we can install in 8520..i always use net browsing in my phn..if u can or anybody can suggest...

• 2010-04-01 05:26
  • w0%x

> In reply to blackberrian @ 2010-03-29 21:40 from v3CL - click to readBlackberrian,

Thanks for the reply - please believe I love the blackberry. I am expecting its camera to perform at 2MP level, not more... Its pictures are worse than a VGA camera. I have loved results of my previous 2MP cameras and I know what I am expecting.

Is it s firmware problem? In the setting it shows picture size to be 1600 x 1200, but actual result is 1/10th of that.

• 2010-04-01 02:44
  • TS7B

> In reply to Anonymous @ from HHHH - click to readWhich is why it needed so many FW updates (late at that) to get its camera usable, kinetic scrolling and the newer homescreen that the cheaper 5530? Haha, the 5800 is an ok phone but Symbian S60 isn't optimized for touch, if you had the N900, well then, yeah thats a whole different story.

• 2010-03-31 18:35
  • LXQn

> In reply to I Love Blackberry!!! @ 2010-03-31 15:43 from u1y7 - click to readIt's great to see younger people getting into smartphones, soon everyone will own one as the need to keep in touch (email, chat, internet) isn't fully satisfied with simple feature phones. Blackberry's are perfect for messaging, be it SMS, email, chat, or simple FB comments... it works great with real-time push notifications. If I were a parent I'd be introducing smartphones to my kids as well, most likely a BB since I have one and BBM would come in handy since in my country there aren't any family plans. Enjoy your BB and don't get into trouble at school with it or they'll take it away!

• 2010-03-31 18:32
  • LXQn

> In reply to Anonymous @ from HHHH - click to readsorry..typo..
the statement should be like this..
"erm,bro if YOU dont like BB plz dont come here n try to show u r something"..

• 2010-03-31 17:57
  • v3xq
  • I Love Blackberry!!!
  • Rating0

Well I see that it is most 'natural' type of BB in the sense that it is less businessy and more fun type. The trackpad may not be as good as the trackball but you can throw around your phone like I used to do with my Nokia without fear. It may take a bit of getting used to. Its music keys are situated on the top which allows easy access from the pocket. Also, you can expand memory and use BB Browser which is a great attraction. You can also have good looks with 8520 cases which come in rubber plastic metal leather and almost anything and colour desired which adds to the beauty. Also, I am in school so all my friends have BB's so I can BBM them for free. I was also considering the Nokia 5800 but later thought about its ugly looks and bad touch sensation and + I already have an Itouch so I do not need a touch music phone and because of Apple's awesome touch sensation I cannot adjust to any bad resistive touch screen phone. How sad you cannot use a stylus on the Itouch. BASICALLY I AM TRYING TO SAY GO 4 BB GEMINI. Did i mention it has a gr8 price and is sold at cost price.
SORRY FOR DIS LENGTH>>>>>>>>>>&g­t;>>>>>>>

• 2010-03-31 15:43
  • u1y7

please can someone help me find the answer i am looking for. i wish to download the game catchphrase to my bb 8520 curve but the on the the blackberry world app is not supported by my phone. does anyone know where i can find this game that will be supported my my device. thanks in advance for your help

• 2010-03-31 15:40
  • mZrU

This is a very good machine. Excellent photo and video, nice screen( the higher res of 8900 etc is not really needed), better user interface and keypad than an e71.

On the minus part, i did not like the trackpad as much as i thought. I have a feeling that ball is better. Having used Ibm/lenovo thinkpads - possibly the only laptops that come with trackball kind of thing, i know personally that it is fast, precise and easier to use than a trackpad, once you learn the trick.

But the most important reason for having a buyer's remorse about blackberry as a whole is that I realised that I dont need email/ messenger all the time and it is a big pain typing in the tiny keyboard. So my advice is -unless it is really really important to have email access all the time, dont go for bb. I found out that even my most important mail can wait a few hours until i reach office in the morning or home at night (both places i have dsl connection). Viewing my spreadsheet in my hp laptop is infinitely more satisfying than having it in blackberry. No, I dont need to carry my office in my pocket. You think you do? Think twice or thrice before spending money on any smart phone. My honeymoon with blackberry and e71 did not last two days.

I havent tried bb messenger etc. Maybe its good. But Im an office executive and dont have all the time to chat. Dont get an e71 either (i mention this model as i know that lot of people spend hours, like i did comparing both the fast selling, highly rated models.)
Rating is another story. "Experts" and c

I bought a poor nokia 2700 after getting tired with blackberry. It costs one third of the BB. Got 2000 phone book memory, practically everything that I need ( i dont need wifi and internet), and is a lot more easier to use.

Get a normal non-smart phone and you will lead a smarter, happier life.

• 2010-03-31 14:38
  • utt9

Rating is another story. "Experts" and c

Get a normal non-smart phone and you will lead a smarter, happier life.

• 2010-03-31 14:37
  • utt9

can we install document viewer and editor (MS Word, PDF etc) software in it?????????

• 2010-03-31 12:26
  • uWAx

> In reply to Bev @ 2010-03-30 19:49 from 3J7W - click to readhi! it depends on ur personality if your a techi person and u always txt better buy the other unit but if u love internet well better buy bb... dpend rili on the personality

• 2010-03-31 11:11
  • 98qI

Can I use this device for internet with APN phone operator? I mean w/o BIS?

• 2010-03-31 09:03
  • PGgf

Hi guys, does anybody have any idea of how to send contacts from another phone to the BB 8520 via bluetooth? I have tried all the tricks in the book, but to no avail. Please help cos it's driving me nuts.

• 2010-03-31 08:45
  • fuTK

> In reply to Bev @ 2010-03-30 19:49 from 3J7W - click to readI just bought the BB8520, i did look at the nokia x6, but since it has the same interface as 5800, i don’t like the way it handles text messaging and in many ways nokia is trying to get into the touch screen market with its s60 operating system, which was predominantly designed for keypad, they are still struggling. Don’t take me wrong, i love s60 operating system but for me it works much better in E72. 8520 is not a fancy phone, camera is 2 mp but in good light it works well (having said that i never use my phone as camera). Messaging is absolutely amazing, this is my very first BB, i wanted a phone with good voice quality, a smart phone which is reliable (i.e. does not hang or freeze), good battery life and ‘qwerty’ key pad for texting etc, not for business use. I have been using it for 10 days and am very happy with the voice quality and the phone never froze on me. Battery life is not as good as i wanted it to be, but not bad either. However, i think keypad could have been better. I hope this is helpful.

• 2010-03-30 21:43
  • 3Jmh

Hi, I am about to change my phone this week, and can't decide between the X6 and a Blackberry Curve 8520, anyone had expereince of both? if so which is better in your opinion? I'm not a business user, and wanting to send alot of txts, browse the internet, and access Facebook, but also take reasonably good pictures with my phone, the music side of it would just be an added bonus.

• 2010-03-30 19:49
  • 3J7W

> In reply to Nicky @ 2010-03-30 12:59 from RtJf - click to readwell,i never use a HTC phone so far n also winMo b4..so i cant comment much about it..but one thing for sure..this gemini is really great..make ur research wisely pal..

• 2010-03-30 17:15
  • v3xX
Total of 6614 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8520.