BlackBerry Curve 8520 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.8
6.1
6.2

can someone pls advise what's the problem witht he bluetooth, can't seem to connect to other handsets
is it only my problem or everyone with the BB is experiencing that

• 2010-04-06 15:54
  • fXME

only missing the FM..
wat up with the voice dialing that never works

• 2010-04-06 15:49
  • fXME

> In reply to Kokoscooper_Cyprus @ 2010-04-05 23:54 from 3pTU - click to readKokoscooper_Cyprus

Out of interest & for knowledge sake;...what is the benefit of being on 3 G (such as I phone) compared to EDGE of BB?

• 2010-04-06 10:05
  • i8wS

> In reply to Jennefer @ 2010-04-05 15:23 from 0C3E - click to readgo for it! its amazing, very organised ...and practical

• 2010-04-06 09:31

why missing f.m

• 2010-04-06 09:08
  • vGfN

> In reply to safoo @ 2010-04-05 14:58 from i8wS - click to readMy entrees are the same. Although I don't call that much. I use my BB more for email, FB and chats. No reason to call anyone when everyone I know uses WLM, FB and emails. I do call a few numbers though, and the History records everything.

• 2010-04-06 00:41
  • LXQn

Second time BB owner:) BB.8520 great .If u don't need Gps or 3G this device is perfect for browsing ,facebook,tweeter,& any kind messenger.(I took from provider BB Service & 200Mb data download monthly).
For youtube need hotspot :)(Wifi)or data transfer more than 3.6Mb/s (3G).
With Gprs or edge not much data transfer.
Much better than bold 9000 (If u don't need Gps or 3G) .

• 2010-04-05 23:54
  • 3pTU

> In reply to safoo @ 2010-04-05 14:58 from i8wS - click to readwell safoo..mine also has only limited to 20 entries (in the call logs)..i doubt that it can be increased like u wanted..if this thing can be increased i also want to know..but,act this thing doesn't bother me bro..anyway,each num in the call logs can save n be viewed its history..it compiled all the missed call,received n dialled in one contacts..meaning to say,each contacts of the 20 contacts have it's own history..unlike nokia where it separate them into 3..one fr missed call,received n dialled..this is hassle!!

• 2010-04-05 20:31
  • v3DP

I like this phone very practical yet sophisticated and very cool looking phone. I'm planning on getting one! BB 8520 is great!

• 2010-04-05 17:06
  • t7ri

Do you really recommend me to buy this phone because I am really confused, help me....................

• 2010-04-05 15:23
  • 0C3E

> In reply to Bluejacked8520 @ 2010-04-05 14:51 from 4fLG - click to readYes, I connected to my car-bluetooth system

• 2010-04-05 14:59

JFR/Blackberrian,

So far, around only 20 entries in total of dialed numbers, missed calls, and received calls are saved in the Call log screen.

Can I increase number of entries on the Call log screen, i.e. the last 30 entries in total dialied numbers, received calls, missed calls? where can i do this? where in Options?

• 2010-04-05 14:58
  • i8wS

Can some1 please tell me if my 8520 can connect to other bluetooth devices or phones from other brands, cause i am having difficulties to getting it connected...

• 2010-04-05 14:51
  • 4fLG

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-04-05 07:40 from wd86 - click to readThe problem with nokia is that everything from 2007 to now hasn't changed much. And you would think that that would mean a stable, mature OS. It doesn't. Nokias rely too much on FW updates since the release date of each phone. I agree that they have great features but that doesn't make them better. Nokia got lost after releasing the N95-3 and others in those days. The newer ones don't offer much things different except for the N900. Not even the e63 (lack of HSDPA) and n97 (processor too weak for its features).

• 2010-04-05 08:03
  • 4fLF

BB is nothng in from of Nokia e63 its too good compare to BB 8520 :) , lot of advantages in e63 BB is good only to push mails thats it e63 has multipe advantages comapre and check guys for proof:)

• 2010-04-05 07:40
  • wd86

> In reply to blackberrian @ 2010-04-04 21:57 from v3Ax - click to readThere are a lot of programs but I use one that is for the iPod. Forgot the name though. I just use Firefox' Download Helper and get my videos from Youtube in mp4 format. As for my favorite app, I have 2. UberTwitter for following people (I don't tweet a lot) and BeWeather. I also use Bolt Browser a lot because Opera Mini 5 didn't work with my trackpad. All my other apps are the default ones: Facebook, WLM and that's all. I also use Crackberry Launcher for quick access to the crackberry.com forums and blogs.

• 2010-04-04 22:57
  • 4fLI

ummmm the phone is fine could be a little better but....

• 2010-04-04 22:43
  • PvW1

after a few days not comment anything(coz busy),i finally got a chance to type something now..

JRF : since my last post i did asked u about the video thing which i cant play it in my gemini..what is the best apps to convert the video to suits the gemini format??n currently what is the best apps so far that u used in ur gemini that has been downloaded via BB apps world??

• 2010-04-04 21:57
  • v3Ax

> In reply to J Krishnan @ 2010-03-31 14:37 from utt9 - click to readwell bro,ur comment is actually annoying..i dont know y n what r ur "main reason" to post such a comment..this is my review after i had read ur post..1st,i personally think that u never had a smartfone n maybe dont have it all..n yet u said about this about that (to condemn about smartfone)..maybe u only can AFFORD buy n use a cheap handset(no matter what make it is)..OR maybe,u did buy urself a smartfone but u dont know anything baout it..that is y u dont know how to use it..then u said bad thing about haning a smartfone..next time,make a good research,know ur product well n the IMPORTANT things is plz dude i advice u LEARN ABOUT SMARTFONE but u buy it..if u dont have any idea n know about technology..dont waste time n money..so,i think now u must be more than happy rite using the cheap handset??so,let it be that way..

• 2010-04-04 21:10
  • v3Ax

Hi guys! PLEASE help, I have deleted videos in my media folder but the names of the videos is still there and when I click on them they do not play so how do I get rid of the names? Also how can I delete the history in my browser
?

• 2010-04-04 20:00
  • 3sE3
Total of 6663 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8520.