BlackBerry Curve 8520 - user opinions and reviews

13342044

6.8
6.2
6.4

this is the best phone ever..cheap affordable and easy to operate

• 2010-01-16 17:18
  • LxLC

The other thing I forgot to add in my previous post but something that is very useful for Australian mobile users looking for a cheap smart phone is that this handset is affordable. Normally, BlackBerrys are normally expensive handsets and thus are on very expensive plans, however, this one can be purchased from Optus on a $29 Cap Plan. This is probably the only time BlackBerry will put a "cheap" BlackBerry handset.
So what are you waiting for? Go get it!

• 2010-01-15 14:35
  • 2CKb

This is my current phone and I have to say that I am satisfied that I have chosen this handset model rather than the Nokia E71.
By far, the Nokia E71 is a better handset due to the amount of features and benefits from the little price that one pays for it.
However, I am very happy that I chose this one because I am a new "CrackBerry". The last two handsets I have used have been BlackBerry, the Pearl 8100 and the Curve 8300. Thus, if I had not chosen this handset, I would have to adjust to life of being a Nokia user. The great thing about it is that it's a simple BlackBerry, it's great as an organiser, which is a main function that I use my phone for, the trackpad is PERFECT and the keypad is very comfortable. However, of course there are some downsides to it. Unfortunately, the camera is not all that great. I use my phones quite frequently to take some photos of funny moments. My friend did suggest to get a Sony Ericsson due to their incredible camera phones however, I am so accustomed to BlackBerry or any phones that have a qwerty keyboard. The second downside is that there's no flash. Mind you, having a flash is a very useful it. It can be used like a mini torch. The previous BlackBerry that I had (Curve 8300) had a very bright flash and when you put the video camera on and activate the flash, the phone becomes like a mini torch. At times, there has been some odd moments when I needed light such as coming home late from parties or going to the car at night in a dead end street and that's when the mini torch/ phone comes handy.

• 2010-01-15 14:32
  • 2CKb

> In reply to nam @ 2010-01-15 05:24 from qb1U - click to readHello

BB8520 is best.

Thanx

• 2010-01-15 09:58
  • vGaR

> In reply to Cyanide @ 2010-01-15 07:58 from fwu5 - click to readEnkosi(Dankie). I will do that.
I agree with u BB is the best, I've even conviced my gf to get it.

Tnx again

• 2010-01-15 09:20
  • 3sEm

I want to download software for My BB Curve 8520...can anybody suggest me a good site to download freeeee software including Antivirus.....THANKS!!!

• 2010-01-15 08:08
  • PAvf

> In reply to stiller @ 2010-01-14 15:47 from 3sEm - click to readIf my BB starts to lag when browsing, I usually just clear my browser cache & cookies... your browser stores them automatically. Just remember if you load a page in normal format (not mobile) it will take a lil longer as there is no 3G, but it is still at a acceptable level for me. Or try using Wi-fi.
Hopes this helps
P.s: I would recommend a BlackBerry to anyone...what a piece of magic this device is

• 2010-01-15 07:58
  • fwu5

Hey, I'm just wondering on what phone to buy at the moment. I'm thinking either a 8520, or a bold 9000. Can someone lend me their opinion. Thanks. ( and I dont mind the price either, i just need the overall better phone. )

• 2010-01-15 05:24
  • qb1U

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-01-14 15:40 from LBMA - click to readi dont think that several pple that u know keep pushing u to buy a BB rite?actually ur heart's said so..if yes,just go for it pal..learn in new experience..

• 2010-01-14 18:02
  • v3AU

> In reply to Cyanide @ 2010-01-14 09:51 from fwvk - click to readHi there. I have the same phone as u also frm vodacom. Tell me does yours also take long 2 connect to the internet.

• 2010-01-14 15:47
  • 3sEm

Hi everyone I just have a request to make you all I want to buy a new phone and several people keep saying I should buy a BB but I am still not convinced why should I buy one if at the same price I could get a nokia or a sonyericson with much better technical specs like a better camera and display plzz help me in my decision...

• 2010-01-14 15:40
  • LBMA

Hi, im looking for a Blackberry phone but im soooo undecided on which one to get, i could get the new bb9700 but i feel it is very expensive.However if it is well worth it and alot better than the other bolds and curves i will invest. Im looking for a blackberry that holds its battery for more than a day, also good internet and email access, and an easy to use keypad etc. Im not bothered about songs and media too much, Im just after a good life phone that has good applications such as calender and business, good sms, and easy access to my email accounts, reminders,and lasts more than a day when i use it alot not like my last phone that is currently on ebay waiting to be sold. Please help???

• 2010-01-14 13:44
  • mX1L

> In reply to Felipe Harding @ 2010-01-08 15:45 from P1xJ - click to readI have the BB 8520 it's my first BB ever and I am hugely impressed with it. I also had a Nokia 5800 (it's a piece of sh*t) it has one of the worst touch screens EVER!! I had HTC's mostly the pocket pc's not the smartphones and battery life is always a issue.
I don't have these problems with my BB, it comes standard with Divx & Xvid support (no converters needed) supports up to 32 GB micro SD and to top it all off only R59 for BIS from Vodacom (on pre-paid) gives me unlimited email, internet browsing, downloads, instant messaging and free PIN messages...beat that

• 2010-01-14 09:51
  • fwvk

I am looking to get a Blackberry as im fed up of my htc tattoo cus the battery is rubbish on it, have to charge it up every night. can anyone help me on the battery life of blackberries (new curve and bold)? and also can they be used fully even if your not on a blackberry contract? im looking to get the new BB but its kinda expensive right now cus its new, what would be the best alternative??? This curve 8520 looks promising? can someone who knows and can give constructive criticism help me please as i owuld very much appreciate it, thanks

• 2010-01-14 08:21
  • mX1L

> In reply to SimonYang @ 2010-01-13 15:10 from UGny - click to readdude..i think ur prob is,u dont have the BIS plan include in ur bb rite?if yes,thats y u faced such a lot of prob regarding connection to the internet..but since u have brought back to ur bb to ur provider n get the real setting then,its good for u..

• 2010-01-13 16:34
  • v3xL

> In reply to jrf @ 2010-01-09 23:57 from LvK8 - click to readHi, Thanks a lot for advice, I give up do setting so long, so I bring back to my service provider ( starhub Singapore) then they do some setting for me and now can surf net, however they did my data connection setting ( yes),so maybe without wifi it data charge

• 2010-01-13 15:10
  • UGny

> In reply to Jude @ 2010-01-13 08:16 from QCL% - click to readthere are no limitations, using it on prepaid as we speak. Fantastic little fone..

• 2010-01-13 14:30
  • NHUD

Hi All! Ordered this phone already and cant wait to get my hands on it.. :D Anyway, what i would like to know is what are the limitations on the phone's features when i dont get a plan (will use it on prepaid). Thanks in advance.

• 2010-01-13 08:16
  • QCL%

Have had this phone for a month now. Not particularly good. Just froze/blanked out on a few occassions. Can't use a free data plan that I had before: must get BIS/BES for newtwork. BB browser often slow and sometimes will not render pages. Opera Mini improves this. I prefer Nokia E Series which I had before. It's much more flexible with data connections, and was faster to load pages especially on wi-fi.

• 2010-01-13 04:23
  • 4fLF

I wish it had the same front cover as the 8900.

• 2010-01-12 18:27
  • 3sEm
Total of 6535 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8520.