BlackBerry Curve 8520 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.8
6.1
6.2

i'm thinking of buyin a blackberry.
which one is a better purchase the curve 8900 or the curve 8520??

• 2010-02-06 18:55
  • myJW

can someone help me on this..my bb cant receive any calls after my BIS has been activated..b4 that i can received calls but after that cannot anymore but other than that this device is working like a charm dude..help me man..is there any setting i need to do!!

• 2010-02-06 17:33
  • v35s

> In reply to macauberry @ 2010-02-06 08:54 from vCkP - click to readhaha..next time make ur choice very cafefully dude..otherwise u will regret like u r..b4 i decided to make a purchased of this lil beauty,it takes me about 2months dude to think,do some research,review many forums,get feedback from my folks who have this device..the main problem is to have that BIS..coz to me its kind annoying..so complicated..but after all the research that ive made n keen to buy this gadget,i go for it..although i need to pay more just for the BIS,im willing..n believe me dude,after i had my BIS..nah wtf dude..this gadget or perhaps all BB stuff is really2 great if u have signed for the BIS..its like heaven..wakakaka..once blackberrian always blackberrian...

• 2010-02-06 17:28
  • v35s

Have any one played a full movie? is there any lag ? thinking of buying?

• 2010-02-06 13:49
  • fwip

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-02-02 10:56 from tu6e - click to readits true

i have to BIS plan, its almost hell.

maybe i should have decided first if i want an additional plan (BIS) before deciding to get a BB

anyways,life goes on

• 2010-02-06 08:54
  • vCkP

Thnx frnds....Which browser is best for orkut ??

• 2010-02-06 07:14
  • utVF

> In reply to kiran @ 2010-02-05 19:37 from utVI - click to readyes you can, you should try Bolt Browser it works good though wi-fi connections, and you can view any page as you were on a pc.

• 2010-02-06 03:35
  • LFmf

> In reply to kiran @ 2010-02-05 19:37 from utVI - click to readyes it is.. put on ur wifi and add the router from the wifi settings .. then from the browser settings set the internet to hotspot browser..

• 2010-02-05 23:38
  • utga

Is it possible to browse using wifi connection ?
I don hav bb service...My msin purpose is to browse orkut,face book etc..

• 2010-02-05 19:37
  • utVI

> In reply to Mbazo @ 2010-02-03 17:51 from f3gS - click to readAlso had da same problem at the beginning. M on the West Rand. Try by clearing ur cache operations once a day & ur phone internet browsing memory by pressing the alt button & LGLG @ da same time. It worked 4 me.

• 2010-02-05 14:17
  • 3sEm

Can anyone let me know how to transfer Handset contacts to SIM card memory?

• 2010-02-05 08:33
  • P}vn

Hello jrf or fellow blackberrian..I would like to make a forum which we all can talk,discuss and learning a new things about dis cool gadget..so from time to time we all can updated each other..
I know that most of us comes from diff background n country so if we want to chat n get to know or maybe ask opinion about problem that we faced via calls n text is too damn expensive right..
With this forum it will more easy to us to get more info..what say u man?if u aggree plz do not hesitate to add my ym I'd n facebook..
nm_izwan@yahoo.com.my..n plz state ur name bro..chow

• 2010-02-05 08:10
  • Qxpq

> In reply to Mbazo @ 2010-02-04 18:22 from f3fZ - click to readim sorry pal to hear that u hv this kind of difficulties..u shouldnt have this kind of rubbish..supposedly u should live happily with blackberry next to u..maybe ur network has problem or u buy a fake or faulty device..makesure u check it dude..im proud with my bb..

• 2010-02-04 20:57
  • v35k

I am not joking...maybe its the network coverage in the East Rand of South Africa, I don't know.Default browser takes 5 minutes to load a page and Bolt takes 3 minutes, Google maps also struggles and it is frustating becuase I use it at work.

I have had to settle for Opera Mini 5 even if it charges me outside BIS, I shall live with the extra cost but I cannot go on with the Blackberry browser. Oh and did I mention the endless Zoom In's that come with the browser. I hate it.

• 2010-02-04 18:22
  • f3fZ

Does the LED notification lights up if there's a miss call?

• 2010-02-04 06:46
  • PUjJ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-02-01 16:59 from Qxpq - click to readHi! Blackberry is a great phone, a little behind in user interface but I'm really loving it, I'll buy and iTouch 32GB just for games to compliment my 8520 :)
Lets see if I can help:
1: on the top of the homescreen there's a little speaker icon that says profile, select it, go down to advanced and press enter. Highlight the profile you want to edit, press menu and select edit, or just press the trackpad on the profile that says Active.
2: to select the icons on the homescreen, open the menu and select move app and the first 6 are the ones on the homescreen always.
3: to pair up BT you need to add the other device first and then go to Media and select menu/recieve using BT.

Hope this helped!

• 2010-02-03 22:25
  • Qxp0

how do i change the apps at the home screen?i need to customize my own fav n most use able apps?thanx in advance

• 2010-02-03 20:32
  • v3xH

> In reply to Mbazo @ 2010-02-03 17:51 from f3gS - click to readwhat?r u kidding me kid?5 minutes to load a page with default browser?that is so rubbish..mine is just fine including using the default browser..it only takes about 2 or seconds only bro..evrything about dis so cool man but the only main prob is batt support is so poor..it only can hold up to 1 1/2 days only..

• 2010-02-03 20:19
  • v3xH

Great phone when u have BIS ofcourse. The facebook application is brilliant, App world is increadible...you can download lots of free applications that are very useful. The part I love about the phone is you can have more than five applications running at the sametime without the phone freezing, I sometimes have Mixit open the entire day. There are major downfalls though.The lack of 3g is a huge problem.

You definately have to have Opera mini to have some sanity with browsing, the default browser can take up to 5 minutes to load a page, even using bolt does not help, the browser also lacks in opening complicated sites.

2, You have to buy a PDF reader because the default is simply terrible, in South African Rands u pay about R350 just for a PDF reader.

3.The battery life is horrible, if you use the phone for just calls, u will charge every second day but if u are like me and you use internet and listen to music...the phone last 12 hours.

Google Maps compensates for the lack of GPS...as for the camera, its ok, terrible at night though.
The track pad is a brilliant idea, I love it...cutting and pasting is a breeze...switching between applications is nice, emailing is simple to set up and to use...I LOVE IT.

It is a sold, quality phone and for the price it is a steal...there are countless uses for this phone. I love it, but u have to know a bit about computers in order to operate it, the average user will struggle to configure and set up things.

• 2010-02-03 17:51
  • f3gS
Total of 6653 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8520.