BlackBerry Curve 8520 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.8
6.1
6.3

> In reply to blackberrian @ 2010-02-09 16:54 from v35u - click to readSo u wont regret if u see me use opera on BB APN :p
And u r t first person who like BB def browser i found. Once blackberrian, blackberrian till end FTW! XD

• 2010-02-10 01:56
  • tDxx

• 2010-02-10 01:55
  • tDxx

can any one tell me how is the battery life of BB 8520.....please as iam planning to buy this phone......i just need the information regarding the battery life!!!!!

• 2010-02-09 18:52
  • tA{d

> In reply to dasparion @ 2010-02-09 16:13 from tDND - click to readHey dasparion,
Come on dude that is what i feel n to be honest im more comfortable using the default rather than using opera..so what?its up to me laa..gemini own browser is more cool dude..

• 2010-02-09 16:54
  • v35u

> In reply to blackberrian @ 2010-02-08 17:03 from v3AG - click to readHey blackberrian,
Come on dude BB isnt that good on its default browser every1 know that even worse w/o umts or up n gemini's smtimes faster than e63's cz gemini load mobile ver web than e63 who load fullweb more, so its diffrent. a good news u can set opera on BB APN btw so it wont cost u hard, try google it.
Ps: dont look on e63 anymore, it owns opera block :p.

• 2010-02-09 16:13
  • tDND

guys i want to buy a bb8250 but dont know how much will it cost and where can i get the best deal

• 2010-02-09 10:01
  • w4eY

> In reply to JRF @ 2010-02-08 23:14 from Qxpu - click to readthanx JRF for ur answers..erm,wow there are lot of technical stuff to be done..arghh a bit a complex..erm,ok..i try ur steps first then we see what happen if nothing happen i will get back to u my fren..thanx pal..

• 2010-02-09 05:15
  • v3As

> In reply to JRF @ 2010-02-08 22:57 from Qxpu - click to readthanx mate..u really a helpful person..ya,sure if u got smtg just post it here

• 2010-02-09 05:06
  • v3As

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-02-08 21:17 from Qxpq - click to readHi! Let me say that themes are a bit of a problem. I had a N85 and Zedge had tons of free themes. I think they don't support Blackberry themes there yet. You need to go to forums and stuff, I've found a few free ones on Crackberry's forums and store. For themes you need to make sure you download from your phone through a OTA (over the air) link and that the theme is specific to the OS you are running example 4.6.1 (menu/options/about). If you download a theme on a pc then copy and paste the .jad and .cod files to your memory card with My PC or use Desktop Manager/App Loader. Once the .jad and .cod files are on, go to Media/menu/explore and select the jad file. Music is .mp3 and I think .wav, you need to use Media Sync with iTunes or Windows Media Player or open My PC and open the Music folder and copy/paste. Videos should be .mp4 or 3gp, avi (divx/xvid) files are supposedly supported but I haven't tested it. I download HQ vids from youtube in mp4 and they look great. Hope I helped you with your problem!

• 2010-02-08 23:14
  • Qxpu

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-02-08 14:05 from v3Au - click to readOh ok, if I find anything about how to retrieve older mails I'll post it here.

• 2010-02-08 22:57
  • Qxpu

Can someone help me on this?y is so difficult to download a themes ha?I
Went to the zedge.net n try to d/load a few themes fr there but it says that
My profile doesn't support this..y is that?n when I d/load it can be displayed
Neither in my memory nor themes..help me plz..n also I unable to put a msc vid in
My mmc..it can't be read by the device..what is the format of the vid is able to put
In this device?

• 2010-02-08 21:17
  • Qxpq

hi i have this phone now for 2 months and all i can say is wow
this phone is amazing it has all the features anybody can ask for and its built quality is superb well done blackberry and thank you for a reasonable phone that does it all for me

• 2010-02-08 18:38
  • fux9

i just want to say that in my opinion using the default browser by blackberry is more stable,fast and user-friendly..i thought that using the opera mini will be interesting but im totally wrong..ive download the opera mini 5 this morning n cost me unhappy..the UI is sucks dude..n made me lil harder to surf the net n not like using the default browser..but back then,when im using E63 b4 get my gemini im enjoying so much using opera mini instead of the default nokia browser..the experience using the opera mini in E63 is more comfortable than using it in gemini..do u agree with me folks?i think better using the default browser in gemini..hahaha

• 2010-02-08 17:03
  • v3AG

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-02-08 07:28 from kNvU - click to readhey dude..3g is not a cons in this great device..it runs well on edge..tq

• 2010-02-08 16:46
  • v3BS

bb 8520 id the bomb am telling everyone to get one

• 2010-02-08 16:41
  • kaKX

I just bought this phone yday and it's amazing.. I'm enjoying it very much! although it's not 3g, when you activate your bbm it also activates facebook 24/7 and msn. although its a great phone, its battery life is HORRIBLE!! but it's no biggie just charge it :) oh and it's at a VERY reasonable price!!

• 2010-02-08 15:28
  • fvF6

> In reply to JRF @ 2010-02-08 05:19 from 4fLI - click to readya dude..its my first blackberry..im totally enjoying using it..superb than any other phones out there which is same range as gemini..although it doesnt covered by 3g only 2.5g which is EDGE,but the speed of the connection to the internet is so damn superb..but the tricks is u need a BIS dude..so,based on my ques that u hv just answered just now..well its ok laa bro to me its not a big deal if i cant get them back on my device..i always can check back on other device or my laptops..but i just wondering is it normal or there is some out of setting?course when i check with my iphone i can retrieve n view the old emails thats y im asking that ques..many thanx coz answered me bro..as long as i get the push email(the current one),ok laa..huhu..

• 2010-02-08 14:05
  • v3Au

great Blackberry type. i am using this device. reasonable price for valueables functions and nice look/design.

recommended for teenagers are white version.

• 2010-02-08 09:15
  • wrt3

i wanna ask isit worth it buying tis phone? are there any disadvantages using tis? is the function easy to use? hw abt the camera? pls share your views bcos i wanna buy tis phone..

• 2010-02-08 09:02
  • uHV2

Besides no 3g, are there any cons of this phone? Does it have side buttons that changes the volume or any cons?

• 2010-02-08 07:28
  • kNvU
Total of 6685 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8520.