BlackBerry Curve 8520 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.8
6.1
6.2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-02-01 16:59 from Qxpq - click to readHi! Blackberry is a great phone, a little behind in user interface but I'm really loving it, I'll buy and iTouch 32GB just for games to compliment my 8520 :)
Lets see if I can help:
1: on the top of the homescreen there's a little speaker icon that says profile, select it, go down to advanced and press enter. Highlight the profile you want to edit, press menu and select edit, or just press the trackpad on the profile that says Active.
2: to select the icons on the homescreen, open the menu and select move app and the first 6 are the ones on the homescreen always.
3: to pair up BT you need to add the other device first and then go to Media and select menu/recieve using BT.

Hope this helped!

• 2010-02-03 22:25
  • Qxp0

how do i change the apps at the home screen?i need to customize my own fav n most use able apps?thanx in advance

• 2010-02-03 20:32
  • v3xH

> In reply to Mbazo @ 2010-02-03 17:51 from f3gS - click to readwhat?r u kidding me kid?5 minutes to load a page with default browser?that is so rubbish..mine is just fine including using the default browser..it only takes about 2 or seconds only bro..evrything about dis so cool man but the only main prob is batt support is so poor..it only can hold up to 1 1/2 days only..

• 2010-02-03 20:19
  • v3xH

Great phone when u have BIS ofcourse. The facebook application is brilliant, App world is increadible...you can download lots of free applications that are very useful. The part I love about the phone is you can have more than five applications running at the sametime without the phone freezing, I sometimes have Mixit open the entire day. There are major downfalls though.The lack of 3g is a huge problem.

You definately have to have Opera mini to have some sanity with browsing, the default browser can take up to 5 minutes to load a page, even using bolt does not help, the browser also lacks in opening complicated sites.

2, You have to buy a PDF reader because the default is simply terrible, in South African Rands u pay about R350 just for a PDF reader.

3.The battery life is horrible, if you use the phone for just calls, u will charge every second day but if u are like me and you use internet and listen to music...the phone last 12 hours.

Google Maps compensates for the lack of GPS...as for the camera, its ok, terrible at night though.
The track pad is a brilliant idea, I love it...cutting and pasting is a breeze...switching between applications is nice, emailing is simple to set up and to use...I LOVE IT.

It is a sold, quality phone and for the price it is a steal...there are countless uses for this phone. I love it, but u have to know a bit about computers in order to operate it, the average user will struggle to configure and set up things.

• 2010-02-03 17:51
  • f3gS

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-02-02 14:15 from kbhx - click to readI don't recommended it.

• 2010-02-03 12:48
  • 3ZId

> In reply to bukas @ 2010-02-01 19:15 from Qxpq - click to readit wont use 3g cos its not a 3g device!!

• 2010-02-03 12:22
  • S35r

> In reply to Abhi @ 2010-02-01 18:37 from upYk - click to readDude..although it is lil bit complicated using bb becoz u need
To have a BIS but one thing for sure,this is gadget is so damn fine
And really good experience for me as a 1st blackberrian..

• 2010-02-03 04:16
  • Qxpq

Phone is excellent best blackberry on the market by far

• 2010-02-02 17:26
  • nEHY

Is this hset available wit Vodafone india

• 2010-02-02 16:51
  • w4eY

> In reply to alazawy @ 2010-02-01 20:04 from 3ZId - click to readi want one

• 2010-02-02 14:15
  • kbhx

Hi, All, please advice if I can use chinese charter input in BB8520? my BB is Singapore starhub set. thanks

• 2010-02-02 12:16
  • UGnx

haha..i believe someone has told me once bb w/out bis = hell but bb with bis = heaven..
Haha..i guess its all true now..this device is so god damn excellent but only with bis..n for those who cant afford plz dont buy it or u will regret..but if u can afford to get the bis,then i am strongly suggest buy it folks..

• 2010-02-02 10:56
  • tu6e

HELP PLIS! am about to get this phone bt can we use IMs(yahoo mssnger, gtalk, facebook...etc) with the normal gprs SIM card on the CURVE? coz am not fo the BB intrnt service or BB data plan.

• 2010-02-02 07:36
  • w4gI

Is it possioble to download & view any attachment on this phone????

• 2010-02-02 06:47
  • wdQ1

Hi every budy this phone is so bad if don't use blackberry servic ,you cannt open any program like MSN ,yahoo,google with WIFI connection
I have one but don't like it.

• 2010-02-01 20:04
  • 3ZId

Haha..finally after a few months waiting
And observed I've own this lil cutie
Yesterday..what a superb fone it is..esp when I hv
Received my BIS..although it just using edge
n not 3g,but the connection to the internet was so fine..
the speed is so fast like I am using my
Apple iphone 3g n my old nokia E63..I strongly
Recommend this to anyone..

• 2010-02-01 19:15
  • Qxpq

My sim card has gprs activated on it for a long tym. is tat enof 2 browse, mail, use messengers?? Or shud i create account on BIS? i want some info regarding blackberry internet service. shud i pay 2 create account. And y is it necessary wen i already hv gprs activated?

• 2010-02-01 18:37
  • upYk

If i have 2 choose between bb8220 , bb8520 and nokia e71 which 1 wud b the best choice.. My main usage other than texting n callin r browsing,messengers,facebook and ofcos youtube.. Pls suggest me.. :)

• 2010-02-01 18:19
  • upYk

Greetings to all BB-an..
Haha..after few months being observed this little cutie,
I finally got this bb yesterday..although it was just 2days experience
all I can say that this device is too awesome dude..
Especially my BIS has been activated by my carrier this evening..
I can easily do whatever I've used to do with my laptop..
Haha..I really recommend this to everybody..
But I hv a quick ques :
1. How do I set a ringtone for my incoming e-mail
And msges?(As I hv already figured to set ringtone)
For my incoming calls..
2. How do I set my fav apps in the home screen as I can't
Find any solution for that?
3. How do I transfer data from another device to my bb?(I can
Connect to the devices and pair but when the when it comes to
Transfering the data it said the connection fail)
Plz folk help me on this

• 2010-02-01 16:59
  • Qxpq
Total of 6638 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8520.