BlackBerry Curve 8520 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

7.0
6.3
6.4

> In reply to curious! @ 2010-02-14 11:53 from v3xQ - click to readHi, as of now, Skyfire isn't compatible witj Blackberry phones, but I remember reading that they're working on one. Right now your main options would be Bolt Browser or Opera Mini. I personally prefered Bolt Browser for sites like youtube, since it supports flash, but I think you need wifi. But I mainly use the default browser for sites like Facebook or this site. Its pretty fast to me and most sites render well.

• 2010-02-14 14:52
  • LwFx

this phone is rubbish, how can you compare this to a nokia e63 (which are on the same price level), symbian has 1000's of apps and blackberry has a few hundred.

you guys talk about getting push email on your blackberry, nokia has the exact same service for FREE! you dont need to pay for a service plan like BB's.

BB's are not just for buiness people anymore, i now see alot of KIDS using BB's, especially the 8520 which looks and feels like a toy.

• 2010-02-14 14:51
  • 3HhZ

can skyfire be downloable in gemini?coz when i tried to download it,it said not compatible with bb curve 8520..one more,can i add anybody to chat with bb msger or only pple who hv n use bb only can be added in bb msger?

• 2010-02-14 11:53
  • v3xQ

> In reply to Anonymous @ from HHHH - click to readOh sarcastic it is? Sorry dude, but still funny, didnt ya? Hmmmm,,, both of them i love, maybe i'll give an iphone? LoL. much time to think... :D

• 2010-02-14 01:01
  • tDDw

> In reply to blackberrian @ 2010-02-13 12:27 from v35S - click to readI know that! I will give my gemini to my wife then she will be another blackberrian. NO!!! I'll give her my e63 then she will be a nokian! LoL

• 2010-02-13 14:04
  • tDVk

> In reply to Andy @ 2010-02-12 21:42 from vGBq - click to readsee! i told u what..blackberry is so damn gud man..hahaha..there is another blackberrian..hahah..see dasparion..

• 2010-02-13 12:27
  • v35S

> In reply to Anonymous @ from HHHH - click to readNot really dude,
sayin' like 'hey u r bad' or 'its better than u' w/o any reason isnt good at all. Then the last only a junky explanation(no need to be so serious ryt?)

• 2010-02-13 00:21
  • tDJI

Got dis fone a week ago. This fone is jus WOW ! Browser is damn gud. Using da trackpad is so damn comfortable. Was going 2 buy da laid back E63. Your opinions convinced me to buy dis one. Thank u guys nd thanx blackberry for making such a beauty....

• 2010-02-12 21:42
  • vGBq

> In reply to Sameer Sangwe @ 2010-02-12 07:55 from utxa - click to readerm,try it for several months dude..n see whats will going on..i use this fone for 4 months b4 replace it with gemini..both are great fone..i still love my E63 thast y im not selling it or made a trade-in..but i gave it to my lovely wife for her to use..but this gemini is really damn awesome..once u try u know what im talking about dude..

• 2010-02-12 19:30
  • v3xm

> In reply to Sameer Sangwe @ 2010-02-12 07:55 from utxa - click to readI personally lost faith in Nokia a while back. I was a big fan of their Nseries and Eseries. The Nokia n95 was my dream phone, until I went for the N85 (supposedly better) and it drove me nuts. They always had a tendancy of releasing phones unstable but quicly offered firmware updates. They totally lost it after that, the n85, n96, n97 XM5800... just a bunch of remakes of the N95 with little to none innovation. Unstable firmware really makes me loose patience. Then I figured that the Eseries was higher classed, so the e75 was in my eye after the n85 but I read that was unstable as well, so the e71 was the best option for me. But the lack of an official Windows Live Messenger app and Facebook app (not a shortcut)made me choose the Blackberry 8520.It was cheap and has just as much features (minus the higer res screen and camera res/flash) as the higher leveled 8900. But offers the trackpad (way better than trackball). The best traditional BB is the 9700 and I think its well worth the money. They're stable, but need more app support. The e63/e72 are the 8520/9700. I don't think the e63 is better than this one, as Nokia's lack support for official IM clients, not eBuddy, Nimbuzz, but Windows Live Messenger, and they don't allow you interact directly with Facebook and other blog sites without third party software. But they do have the advantage of better customization and the abillity to use they're services (except email) through wifi. The WLM and FB apps don't work with wifi, as they are Blackberry BIS services. Still NONE are better, just different advantages. The one bug thing I do give to Nokia is that they've implemented Flash support for their phones for a looong time. Soon BB will too but until then, Nokia has it nailed. And BB needs to change the way app memory is used, I need to restart the phone 1 a week to free up memory since the apps use it up and then you start to loose speed if you're not careful. Until the perfect phone comes out (which probably never will) there is NO best phone. Just phones for different needs. iPhone for games and apps, Nokia for basic pictures and internet, BB for emails and IM messsaging, and otheres that offer the same in cheaper or different packages. SE will always offer phones that are better than others in camera as their Cybershot series has a lot of exeriance. Just choose the phone that suits you the best.

• 2010-02-12 18:25
  • LwFF

> In reply to Sameer Sangwe @ 2010-02-12 07:55 from utxa - click to readBetter not just make a negative opinion of comparison, or some ppl here yelling u out in e63 section lol

• 2010-02-12 14:18
  • tDD5

I think Nokia E63 is surely better than this.

• 2010-02-12 07:55
  • utxa

> In reply to gemini @ 2010-02-11 19:02 from Qxpq - click to readBetter get a good multimedia encoder, set an optimized value(rate etc) make it run smoothly and wont push ur BB hard.

• 2010-02-11 19:08
  • tDxm

> In reply to gemini @ 2010-02-11 18:47 from Qxpq - click to readu sound like a pro!

• 2010-02-11 19:06
  • v35e

> In reply to blackberrian @ 2010-02-11 18:47 from v3x{ - click to readNot really dude,
I just post whatever i want to post(still) XD
then i'll post w/o make any heat, yeah still try-ing hard lawl.

• 2010-02-11 19:04
  • tDxm

Hi! Can anyone help me on how to transfer dvd movies to my bb8520? Is this even possible or do I need a converter? Thanks! :)

• 2010-02-11 19:02
  • Qxpq

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-02-06 19:59 from v3x@ - click to readI also don't mind the 2mp cam :) just stating the differences between the bb javelin and gemini. :) although I really do prefer the gemini because of the trackpad :)

• 2010-02-11 18:58
  • Qxpq

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2010-02-10 17:34 from 2@v2 - click to readYes it has office applications viewer and editor. But you can't create a new document. I think you have to buy the software for this. However, what I do is I transferred a blank document from my laptop to my bb and it kind of serves as the document I "edit" when I need to make a new document :)

• 2010-02-11 18:47
  • Qxpq

> In reply to dasparion @ 2010-02-10 19:44 from tDDb - click to readonly this time i found that ur comment is a little wise n makes sense..ur words sound like a "pro"..but b4 dis ur words is so lousy that makes me mad..ok buddy chow..next time dont think ur self..think other pple feelings too

• 2010-02-11 18:47
  • v3x{

> In reply to Anonymous @ from HHHH - click to readThanks alot for your response :-)

• 2010-02-11 16:59
  • 2@vx
Total of 6722 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8520.