BlackBerry Curve 8520 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.8
6.2
6.4

One more question: what happens if I delete the push content from my cache? I delete history, cookies and cache but when I delete push content it always asks me to confirm so (this being my 1st bb) I dont know if that's important. Thanks to anyone that replies.

• 2009-11-16 02:57
  • Qxpu

Does anybody have this problem? Sometimes when I post a reply on this page and it says that my comment has been saved to the DB, when I try to read the comment mine doesn't show up. I think its only when I reply. Anyone else have that?

• 2009-11-16 02:49
  • Qxpu

can't listen to the radio>

• 2009-11-16 00:11
  • m81U

> In reply to stella @ 2009-11-15 16:57 from PSkG - click to readHey stella! I have had this phone for about a week and I am honestly satisfied 100% with how stable the OS is. The screen look great in the sun and even though its only 65K colors, pictures look awesome. The web browser is ok for the most part. I've noticed that web pages sometimes load a little scrambled. Music is ok, i wish it had another speaker or atleast a bit louder. The camera takes good pics in good light. Since it doesnt have a flash its worthless otherwise. I dont really care since it doesnt lag, has a great keyboard, great screen and completely affordable. Great deal for the price. Just might want to buy a case for it since the back gets scratched easily. Mine has a thin line scratched into it :(

• 2009-11-15 21:18
  • 4fLG

hey people!,,i have a question 4 this BB unit,,is the internet is ok?nd the quality of pictures and sounds?,,hoping 4 your answer people!!=D

• 2009-11-15 16:57
  • PSkG

> In reply to A.D. @ 2009-11-12 11:11 from miZk - click to readtq for ur advise. really appreciate it very much. true enough this bb phone is so affordable n has good function. too bad i cant buy it today with low price as this bb already sold out at the bluecube ( device shop for my telco co @ CELCOM MALAYSIA ) =(

• 2009-11-14 19:58
  • veTe

> In reply to lebo @ 2009-11-05 11:05 from Nhmn - click to readhey lebo are trying to send or receive files using your bluetooth?

• 2009-11-14 16:39
  • MkXk

please e-mail me: 23502@mlc.wa.edu.au

what should i get out of this phone & the nokia e71?
thanks :)

• 2009-11-14 16:20
  • vucq

I was so dissatisfied by this phone I sold it 2 days after a bought it.
1)Completely no access to my e-mails, only by blackberry enterprise option
2)completely no access to appworld, therefore no social networking apps etc.
3)Bluetooth not working properly.
4)no compatibility between the device and the downloads from blackberry site.
5)no specific support from internet although many problems are still unsolved by blackberry(u can realize it from the forums too)

Personal opinion: iphone is by far the most reliable, user friendly smartphone device ever.

• 2009-11-14 14:50
  • 0V7s

Can we use word, excel, powerpoint etc. in this phone

• 2009-11-14 06:07
  • utmZ

If strange the BB Curve 8520 and BB Curve 9700 look a lot alike from their faces... their backs r def. diff.

Did anybody else notice this??

• 2009-11-13 19:22
  • vGuH

> In reply to JRF @ 2009-11-13 16:46 from Qxpu - click to readI completely agree with you JRF. That is xactly what I meant to say when I mentioned some of the features and usability...

• 2009-11-13 19:12
  • vGuH

It's funny how people compare phones that are nowhere near being in the same class. This BB can't be compared to the n97. The n97 isn't that great. The iPhone's browser is smoother and only lacks flash support. This phone isn't in the highest rank either. It's an entry level bb. It's features are good for the price. I traded my n85 for this even though it cost me more. Nokia hasn't been innovative since 07. The n900 is probably the best thing since the n95. I am happy with this and will only exchange it for the new bold or something with a better camera.

• 2009-11-13 16:46
  • Qxpu

> In reply to A.D. @ 2009-11-12 11:11 from miZk - click to readN97 has slide out qwerty and touch.
it has multitasking too, in no way is it worse than this bb, and the price is justified by its many features

• 2009-11-13 07:34
  • 2GaP

Always avoided Blackberry till a month ago when I got my 8520. I am hooked never another phone again!!

• 2009-11-13 06:17
  • Gf0T

> In reply to themba @ 2009-11-09 05:47 from 3sEm - click to readhow gud is it? i just can't believe dat,such a highly handset is said to hv no 3G

• 2009-11-12 16:30
  • ftb}

its louda handset... i dont;no;tamil gagaga... tomorrow cool please.... gajagaja..

• 2009-11-12 14:05
  • vwrR

> In reply to politegirl @ 2009-11-10 20:28 from veTe - click to readHey... any BB is no comparison to Nokia N97. Nokia N97 is a very high end device with focus on multimedia n multi-tasking. N97 is super slow n has a lot of software issues. Not to mention da ridiculous price... Go for a Black Berry Curve 8520 is calling, txting and mailing as a primary focus and lil bit of multi-media features... Black Berry Curve 8520 is def. a value for money...

• 2009-11-12 11:11
  • miZk

> In reply to politegirl @ 2009-11-10 20:28 from veTe - click to readi have an N97 and it has brilliant web browsing. overall it is a better phone that this blackberry.

• 2009-11-12 05:00
  • 2GaP

> In reply to JRF @ 2009-11-12 03:34 from Qxpu - click to readI messed up on a few words xD but I dont care! Both comments written on BB 8520! Any help on themes or something?

• 2009-11-12 03:38
  • Qxpu
Total of 6535 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8520.