BlackBerry Curve 8520 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.8
6.1
6.2

hi they actually have it in a frost blue and red also. i have the frost blue and this phone is really great i love it no problems since i got it

• 2009-11-26 22:58
  • LKmZ
  • F

does this phone have a document viewer

• 2009-11-26 21:41
  • q}%x

I really love the BB 8520,i prefer the trackpad instead of the ball not like i have one but i would really like to have one.....will anyone buy me one please...i would really appreciate it....lol ...thx

• 2009-11-26 20:42
  • 40DJ

hi bb expert and bb curve 8520 user..

I just want to ask whether this Curve 8520 aka Gemini support chinese lang. or not?

could i wrtie sms in chinese for this bb.?

if we need to download extra software for chinese support where can i get it?

THANKS!!!! THANKS !!! THANKS!!1

• 2009-11-26 19:05
  • 2Fft

When i recieve a email i dont here anything nor does it vibrate. I tried enabling everything possible.Is this normal or what should i do?

• 2009-11-26 16:38
  • LxJR

Hi everyone,

Please give me advice which one mobile is better: Curve 8520 versus Iphone 3G! In my country the price of this mobile is equal. Till now I am Nokia N95 8gb user. Only thing I am interested of a stable OS with good browser and e-mail client!!!

Thanks a lot

• 2009-11-26 16:23
  • MR06

> In reply to Ashish @ 2009-11-26 14:09 from 9xcQ - click to readHi, I too have come from a Nokia Nseries to Blackberry.
I don't really pass contacts through my laptop so I have everything on my SIM card.
I already wrote about recieving files if you want to read in older posts. It's a pretty long procedure. Unlike most phones which are easier to use.
And to your last question, BB hasn't really concentrated on multimedia, contrary to the Nseries which are multimedia monsters.
So, this entry level phone supports the more common and basics like mp3 and I think aac music files. For vids it supports mp4 and 3gp.
I use a video converter called videora for psp. Can't really remember the name.
It's auto settings for mp4's works great on the phone. There are more but I don't know the names.
Enjoy your new BB.

• 2009-11-26 15:30
  • 4fLG

Hi to all Blackberry Club Members....!

I have recently got my first Blackberry 8520 curve. As its my first experience with BB, I have certain queries...see if any one of you can help me with that.

1. Earlier I had Nokia N Series, I tried to transfer the contacts from NOKIA to BB through laptop, I am able to save the contact file in BB but none of these are appearing in BB Contact list.

2. I am not able to receive any contact, pic or video file in my BB through Bluetooth from any other profile.

3. Does BB only support MP3 format, I have copied some videos in VNC, Real Player or Window format in my BB but these are not playing.

Thanks in anticipation...!

• 2009-11-26 14:09
  • 9xcQ

> In reply to ycs86 @ 2009-11-26 01:16 from PHfx - click to readthis phone dosent have 3g n gps ...for wht use 3g is ? help reguired

• 2009-11-26 12:10
  • nCa1

> In reply to SR @ 2009-11-23 12:08 from fuHx - click to readFirst of all, do u know what I mean with "the most attractive BB ever seen"? Based on the fact that 8520 has a trackpad (not a trackball that needs frequent service), relative low price and small size compared to other BB, I had given my previous opinion.

Again, it's only MY opinion! No matter what u gonna say, my opinion will stay the same.

BEAT IT!

• 2009-11-26 01:16
  • PHfx

> In reply to Ranji @ 2009-11-22 17:55 from t}av - click to readDude, I am not dreaming! Otherwise you would not able to read my opinion! :)

• 2009-11-26 01:07
  • PHfx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-11-23 20:21 from N9@N - click to readYou can recieve any files. Go to Media-->Menu(blackberry icon)-->Recieve Using Bluetooth.
Very much happy with the phone. value for money.

• 2009-11-25 11:22
  • mT@g

Hi Hi ,Love my BB too Bits ,at first i didnt know how to use my bt,video and i couldnt upload photos on fcbook but now i can do all that .THANX TO THE BB EXPERT that assisted me yesterdae...

• 2009-11-25 08:38
  • ftb}

> In reply to scamutza @ 2009-11-24 19:30 from pk$P - click to readHi! Well, I'm not a girl but I can tell you some of the main differences between the 2 phones. Personally, I think that the Gemini looks nicer. They're both mainly plastic and seem to have the same specs. Two things to notice are the LED flash and the screen of 16 million color support. It does make a difference in some occasions but I've noticed that it's not that much a big deal. The flash I do envy though. Symbian is supposed to be very flexible in personalizations. Lots of free themes and apps while I have failed to find as many for BB. I think that as a person that doesn't want to alter the phone too much, the Nokia is a better choice having so many themes. But after my experience with my ex-N85 I don't recommend Nokia except for a few phones I like. Nokias always have stabilization issues and my BB has been one of the most stable phones I've ever had. Also I enjoy the official Windows Messenger and hotmail support. The nokia would need to use something like Nimbuzz or some other client. Also with the Facebook app on BB you can directly upload pics and on my N85 I had to set up Share Online with a third party web service to upload.

Anyways, I also can say that Symbian has a more helpful home screen. You can see your tasks and appointments and on BB you can't. I probably would recomment the E71 over the E63 because it's nicer and especially in white for a girl. Sexy!
The black Gemini is also really nice and the new optical pad looks and feels nicer to use especially on the web. Oh, and symbian has a better browser. Mainly because of flash support for youtube and such. You might also want to look at the Samsung i637 being of the same specs as the BB. My preferences would be as follow:
1- BB (my most favorite phone ever! Except for camera)
2- Nokia E71 (better cam, better materials and nicer look)
3 and 4- Samsung i637 and Nokia E63 (never used winmo and the nokia seems too weak for the price in comparison to the e71)

Hope I helped xD

• 2009-11-25 06:53

Hi everyone,

I am undecided between a Nokia E63 and a BB 8520.Which one is better for a woman as design also.

Thanks

• 2009-11-24 19:30
  • pk$P

Hi there! really good phone! can't stop playing with it! BB is secure phone and they have security for BT as well and thats really good! its active BT and will never share virus!!!!

• 2009-11-24 18:16
  • 3Y6p

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-11-23 20:21 from N9@N - click to readHey, yeah I had a hard time with BT too. Blackberry should work on making it simple. Every phone I've had was simple to use and the BB adds too many steps for you to be able to recieve files. Any ways, here's how it's done.
First you need to activate BT and pair it up with the other device. Either search or wait for them to detect you. Then, add the password. Once you've paired up, go to the main menu, then go to multimedia and press menu again. In the list it should say Recieve via Bluetooth or something like that. Then once you've done that, tell the other person to send you the file. Choose where you want it to save and press save.
Sometimes when I take too long I get an error saying the it was impossible to send the file (on the other phone) but once I press save on my BB it recieves it perfectly.
Hope this helps. I sometimes can't recieve vids through BT, anyone know why?

• 2009-11-24 15:40

i can`t recieve files using bluetooth on BB 8520

• 2009-11-23 20:21
  • N9@N

> In reply to SR @ 2009-11-23 12:13 from fuHx - click to readBull!, you cant have BES on the iphone. you can however run MS exchange on it

• 2009-11-23 15:34
  • 9Ge7

> In reply to DH @ 2009-11-22 17:33 from ib4y - click to readDude. The iphone is one of the best phones in the market. depending on your SP you can still have the BIS / BES on the iphone.

• 2009-11-23 12:13
  • fuHx
Total of 6614 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8520.