BlackBerry Curve 8520 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.8
6.1
6.2

Simply the best on my hand

• 2009-11-28 13:27
  • Qxpq

blackberry 8520 or nokia e63 or e71?

• 2009-11-28 13:11
  • 2@d5

I go for Samsung GT-B7320 OmniaPRO No data plan necessary, work on EDGE/3G and same price as BB curve 8250, it has some issues which will resolve in update version or WINMO6.5/7.0

• 2009-11-28 13:08
  • t@G2

I just bought my BB 8520 and it is a beautiful lilac/ lavender colour... Ohhh how i love it... Officially addicted to Blackberries!!!!

• 2009-11-27 20:31
  • 40DW

hello techy guys,
Can you plz tell me the way to move multiple SMS simultaneously to a folder.Is there any way like in nokia,we can mark multiple messages at a same time,to delete/move.

• 2009-11-27 17:45
  • 3YY4

Heyy guys I just whanted to ask you about the new bb curve screen is in like the other bb's or its better or whorser???

• 2009-11-27 11:10
  • 3sEm

> In reply to Sterling @ 2009-11-26 16:38 from LxJR - click to readhey stirling....i had the same problem at the beginning...this is what you must do:
go to the top of your display screen for the picture of the loudspeaker...just below the battery life icon - profiles click on it....scroll down to advanced options and click on that..click on normal profile and change your ringtones for sms/ mms/ email etc and you can change volumes...vibration/ silent or ring type.........;-) glad to be of service

• 2009-11-27 10:33
  • NH@r

I have this phone, and I absolutely love it....there's almost nothing it can't do. I also have the blackberry internet service provider with unlimited free internet service 24/7. It's like walking around with a micro laptop. I have 5 e-mails addresses, free music & games downloads, facebook, twitter, skype, 5 different messengers. whatever i dont have can be downloaded off the net free.

• 2009-11-27 09:59
  • NH@r

Hi guys I have the bb bold and now I whant to buy the new bb curve how do u see It? is it good or the bold is better and how is the charge coz the bold stays with me only 3 hours the it stops working.

• 2009-11-27 08:49
  • 3sEm

hi they actually have it in a frost blue and red also. i have the frost blue and this phone is really great i love it no problems since i got it

• 2009-11-26 22:58
  • LKmZ
  • F

does this phone have a document viewer

• 2009-11-26 21:41
  • q}%x

I really love the BB 8520,i prefer the trackpad instead of the ball not like i have one but i would really like to have one.....will anyone buy me one please...i would really appreciate it....lol ...thx

• 2009-11-26 20:42
  • 40DJ

hi bb expert and bb curve 8520 user..

I just want to ask whether this Curve 8520 aka Gemini support chinese lang. or not?

could i wrtie sms in chinese for this bb.?

if we need to download extra software for chinese support where can i get it?

THANKS!!!! THANKS !!! THANKS!!1

• 2009-11-26 19:05
  • 2Fft

When i recieve a email i dont here anything nor does it vibrate. I tried enabling everything possible.Is this normal or what should i do?

• 2009-11-26 16:38
  • LxJR

Hi everyone,

Please give me advice which one mobile is better: Curve 8520 versus Iphone 3G! In my country the price of this mobile is equal. Till now I am Nokia N95 8gb user. Only thing I am interested of a stable OS with good browser and e-mail client!!!

Thanks a lot

• 2009-11-26 16:23
  • MR06

> In reply to Ashish @ 2009-11-26 14:09 from 9xcQ - click to readHi, I too have come from a Nokia Nseries to Blackberry.
I don't really pass contacts through my laptop so I have everything on my SIM card.
I already wrote about recieving files if you want to read in older posts. It's a pretty long procedure. Unlike most phones which are easier to use.
And to your last question, BB hasn't really concentrated on multimedia, contrary to the Nseries which are multimedia monsters.
So, this entry level phone supports the more common and basics like mp3 and I think aac music files. For vids it supports mp4 and 3gp.
I use a video converter called videora for psp. Can't really remember the name.
It's auto settings for mp4's works great on the phone. There are more but I don't know the names.
Enjoy your new BB.

• 2009-11-26 15:30
  • 4fLG

Hi to all Blackberry Club Members....!

I have recently got my first Blackberry 8520 curve. As its my first experience with BB, I have certain queries...see if any one of you can help me with that.

1. Earlier I had Nokia N Series, I tried to transfer the contacts from NOKIA to BB through laptop, I am able to save the contact file in BB but none of these are appearing in BB Contact list.

2. I am not able to receive any contact, pic or video file in my BB through Bluetooth from any other profile.

3. Does BB only support MP3 format, I have copied some videos in VNC, Real Player or Window format in my BB but these are not playing.

Thanks in anticipation...!

• 2009-11-26 14:09
  • 9xcQ

> In reply to ycs86 @ 2009-11-26 01:16 from PHfx - click to readthis phone dosent have 3g n gps ...for wht use 3g is ? help reguired

• 2009-11-26 12:10
  • nCa1

> In reply to SR @ 2009-11-23 12:08 from fuHx - click to readFirst of all, do u know what I mean with "the most attractive BB ever seen"? Based on the fact that 8520 has a trackpad (not a trackball that needs frequent service), relative low price and small size compared to other BB, I had given my previous opinion.

Again, it's only MY opinion! No matter what u gonna say, my opinion will stay the same.

BEAT IT!

• 2009-11-26 01:16
  • PHfx

> In reply to Ranji @ 2009-11-22 17:55 from t}av - click to readDude, I am not dreaming! Otherwise you would not able to read my opinion! :)

• 2009-11-26 01:07
  • PHfx
Total of 6643 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8520.