BlackBerry Curve 8520 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.9
6.1
6.2

> In reply to ycs86 @ 2009-11-21 01:24 from LCe0 - click to readDude u cannot dream of having it all at dream price can u ...But given the specification and the price I guess this phone is cool

• 2009-11-22 17:55
  • t}av

Am thinking of buying this phone instead of iphone. Any suggestions?

THx!

• 2009-11-22 17:33
  • ib4y

> In reply to Ya Ya @ 2009-11-22 14:22 from nGKc - click to readAnd you might want to verify if the unlimited internet that does come with the BIS includes connections through wap services. Like, when I try looking at vids through youtube it asks me if I want to change to my Wap connection. I can only use wifi for youtube right now. So try and make sure that there won't be any extra fees hidden around in there for wap or 3G connections.

• 2009-11-22 16:49
  • 4fLF

> In reply to Ya Ya @ 2009-11-22 14:22 from nGKc - click to readWell, in my country (Mexico), every BB plan comes with the BIS regardless of the carrier. But, for BES you'll probably have to activate it for extra. I'm not really sure about that. The best thing would be for you to ask your phone carrier about the plan. Like I said, in my country, Blackberry's have their own plans with their own services activated.

• 2009-11-22 16:45
  • 4fLF

Hmm, I have a question - it may sound really stupid, but I'm not sure and I would rather BE sure! I'm looking to get a contract with a free blackberry curve 8520, and I'm just wondering - does it come automatically with free internet, or does that depend which network you get it with?? thanks

• 2009-11-22 14:22
  • nGKc

> In reply to mo @ 2009-11-20 07:30 from NHUD - click to readNo it clearly says NO GPS!

• 2009-11-21 11:00
  • nidV

Based solely on its outer look of 8520, I can say that it's the most attractive BB I've ever seen. Really!

If I hadn't bought my HTC Touch Viva (which is doing fine), I would surely buy this Curve! oh yeah!

• 2009-11-21 01:30
  • LCe0

> In reply to mo @ 2009-11-20 07:30 from NHUD - click to readHuh, not to insult you but eh...CAN YOU READ??? It says on the spec sheet: GPS --- NO

D@mn it!

• 2009-11-21 01:24
  • LCe0

Hey fellow Gemini users! I've only had this phone for 9 days and I can't seem to be able to make my web browser show updated web pages. It seems that it only gives me the page saved in the caché. I always have to go to menu/refresh or update (mine is in spanish so I don't know the correct english translation). I noticed this since I always try to comment on here and read new comment but I don't see any new comments or my new comment until I refresh the web page. Any idea on how to make it automatically update pages for me? Thanks!

• 2009-11-21 00:56
  • 4fLG

i'm getting one as a work phone and think it not having 3G is a bit strange! but that should mean the battery life would be very good! i'll have to wait and see!

• 2009-11-20 18:28
  • mp@B

hey guys believe me the BB has everything u want in ur hand n i lost my BB BOLD last Month n nw m planning to buy another BB 8520 as i cant even thing ab any other hand set in my hand, i love BB a lot n its really rockssssss....

• 2009-11-20 18:07
  • utxA

does the the phone have gps?

• 2009-11-20 07:30
  • NHUD

I have recently bought the BB Curve 8520 and will never look back... it is the best phone I have had so far. I was using the Samsung Omnia with the touch screen... what a load of rubbish. Will be staying with BB from now on.

• 2009-11-20 06:50
  • fwkQ

Anyone know how to install 3rd party themes on this phone? I really need to change it. I downloaded stuff from my PC and I can not seem to find or be able to open them.

• 2009-11-20 02:12
  • LxJ6

i got this model today....its a bit antipathic to use. the buttons are a bit too small for me but maybe i foind them antipathic cos i have nail extensions. But the model->the size, design and weight are very nice.

• 2009-11-19 19:37
  • 0EmS

> In reply to A.D. @ 2009-11-19 12:25 from miZk - click to readYeah, the only phone I'd exchange this for is the Bold 2. No matter the cost, BB is totally worth the money. I know the 8900 and the storm have autofocus cams but from what I've read they aren't that good. Hopefully the Onyx is better. Still, BB will be, from now on, my number one favorite phone company!

• 2009-11-19 18:04
  • Qxp0

> In reply to Albert @ 2009-11-19 08:45 from wHSK - click to readI tried creating a new word doc but it says I need to upgrade to a premium package. I guess editing will also require an upgrade.

• 2009-11-19 17:57
  • Qxp0

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-11-19 07:42 from Qxpu - click to readHey, yeah it plays youtube vids but I think only through wifi. Everytime I try watching vids without wifi it asks me to change to my wap connection and I don't think that's fast enough to play vids with.

• 2009-11-19 17:53
  • Qxp0

I just wish they would have packed more juice into that battery of BB Curve 8520.

4.30 tt is not much. Considering, web/gprs activity which drains da battery faster.

RIM please take care of it next tym.

Love ur products otherwise...

• 2009-11-19 12:32
  • miZk

> In reply to JRF @ 2009-11-18 14:42 from QxpX - click to readI believe Bold and the new Bold 2 already have the specs you are looking for. Also more multimedia means more processing power and more memory space so price rise. Considering the intended utility of the BB I fine it just fine. BB Curve 8530 is the 3G version of BB Curve 8520. Will upgrade to it once 3G is launched with pvt. operators in India...

About Apple, itz just a rich man's toy and they cash on everybit of their brand value...

I believe we should write to RIM about how they could make BB better and defeat any other stupid phones out there...

• 2009-11-19 12:25
  • miZk
Total of 6611 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8520.