BlackBerry Curve 8520 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.8
6.2
6.4

Hey ppl! I just bought this phone yesterday to replace my 1 month old Nokia N85! The nokia pissed me off because it deleted my music and pictures for no reason. I have to say, except for the weak camera w/o flash, this is one of the BEST phones I've ever owened! It beats my w705, 5610 XM, and my n85 minus the camera department. They but I don't really care because it has everything else. If this phone doesn't mess up then I'll be so happy and satisfied, this being my 1st BB. The camera is ok but doesn't compare to any of my nokia's. It beats the w705 and has beaten my old fav P1i. It is a little too plasticky but doesn't feel cheap. And this being an entry lvl BB (not high class), it is THE PERFECT phone for the price. I had trouble deciding between this and the Samsung i637. The Sam had a better camera and (at the moment) a better keypad. Now I'm writing and gettin better! Only 9 typos in thus so far! Mainly it is because I hit the $ instead of the m. Any way, this gets a 9.9/10! Only 'cause of the cam ;)

• 2009-11-12 03:34
  • Qxpu

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-11-10 11:09 from vx2S - click to readThis isn't a 3G handset so it had no video call

• 2009-11-11 15:11
  • NhRR

> In reply to Dev @ 2009-09-16 22:24 from up7k - click to readwhich one is the best? this phone or N97? i really need to know, coz i heard N97 is the best smartphone for web browsing n entertainment. pls do share with me regarding this. thank u n good day.

• 2009-11-10 20:28
  • veTe

i like but the picture quality could be better.

• 2009-11-10 12:57
  • jxXR

mine is not a comment. i just want to know if this phone has video call?

• 2009-11-10 11:09
  • vx2S

GSM Arena guys I know ders a lot of handsets right now that your are reviewing but would really appreciate if you could write a detailed review on Black Berry Curve 8520. Seems to be a rocker phone...

Thanks in advance for your quick response ;-)

• 2009-11-10 09:11
  • miZk

> In reply to aqua @ 2009-11-02 19:49 from utuy - click to readdear friend,
yes indeed the picture clarrity is way a head than many nokia set,go forward & buy it,& feel the difference.

• 2009-11-09 13:04
  • 2SR4

I am a manager/consultant,in the voice and data industry,
Blackberry used to be a no go area for me until recently,its two weeks now
And I'm really ejoying it,8520 my first ever blackberry
Handset en ill hang to it whtever,no matter hw it takes.
Themba.

• 2009-11-09 05:47
  • 3sEm

> In reply to my phone @ 2009-11-07 12:33 from nGky - click to readwell 8530 is a CDMA PHONE and this site is called GSM ARENA but they still might post about the phone if they fancy

to the person below me if you are concerned more about the multimedia features then get the storm its one helluva device .... better for web browsing too with its large screen

• 2009-11-08 09:31
  • 2@cH

for youtube videos i found an error
An error has occured attempting to play media.

Please anyone help to resolve this issue.

• 2009-11-08 08:31
  • symt

Atttention BlackBerry Curve 8520 users must use simple silicone skin and screen protector. It looks good and protect your device.

• 2009-11-07 20:33
  • symt

hi im getting this phone for christmas andi was wondering if it is good for what i normally use phones for all i do is text call and surf the web im not a buisness person but i do listen to my music so is it for me?

• 2009-11-07 12:33
  • nGky

Finally this beauty is released in Singapore after a really long wait. Retail at $588 without contract

• 2009-11-07 12:31
  • TRFd

What about Blackberry Curve 8530? Why didn't GSM Arena post it? On the Blackberry website you can see it. The only difference is that the Blackbery Curve 8530 has 3G and GPS, but the Blackberry Curve 8520 doesn't have 3G nor GPS. I want to get my new Blackberry soon, but I want to wait for the Blackberry 8530.

• 2009-11-07 11:03
  • 3sQb

does this bb able to read doc such as pdf file, microsoft word, microsoft power point, microsoft excel files?? urgent ><

tnx

• 2009-11-07 08:06
  • iban

I bought this phone few weeks back and it is one the best phone i have ever used so far.... i would certainly recomend BB to everyone specially to all the professionals.....

• 2009-11-06 20:48
  • P%vN

I am using this phone for a week and it is okay but blackberry OS should improve more and add some interesting applications.

When will update BlackBerry OS 5.0 for this device?

• 2009-11-06 18:27
  • sym3

It's my second BB after 8320, well i could say, it's far away better than 8320, it's a must buy phone! work perfect 4 me n my girlfriend, we both love gemini better than javelin or bold, it's just feel right n solid in our hands(asian), bold is bulky n jave is using trackball which I dont really like in 8320, surely trackpad 10000x better than trackball. Buy it Guys, it's the best phone I ever had. better than my N95 and N82 which I sold already ^^,

• 2009-11-06 11:42
  • upXF

4 tis phone i very like..mostly i am still a student and i want the phone funtion is like tat blackberry but expensive,now i can use tis already and important is cheaper than onther phone....thanks

• 2009-11-06 10:19
  • tVt2
Total of 6535 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8520.