BlackBerry Curve 8520 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.8
6.1
6.2

> In reply to Raj @ 2009-11-30 09:42 from A90G - click to readRaj, e72 and Blackberry are said to be business phones but only BB justifies it. If you want a multimedia rich, symbian OS phone wich might crash and keep restarting go for e72. Also if you are in India having a 3G handset is useless till Dec 2010. Yes, e72 does haf a 600 Mhz processor but it has it for the 'other than work' scenario. BB curve 8520 rox in termz speed [512 Mhz], functionality, price, OS [Java] stability. BB also takes descent pics n plays music. Infact most of the reviews compare e72 music quality and BB music quality and BB winz handz down... If u wana b a man go for BB. Coz that what seperatez men 4m boyz

Cheerz!

• 2009-12-01 19:55
  • w4gI

i brought one for my gf and i like it!!! i have a N78 but i like my nokia so ill keep the nokia and buy a next 8520 really cool phone guys, could make a great secondary phone too.

• 2009-12-01 16:22
  • LxIf

> In reply to dpac @ 2009-11-26 12:10 from nCa1 - click to readHmmm, "for wht use 3g is?" -- I don't really get your question! Did you mean: "what is 3g?" ? Well, it's an advanced version of the 2g technology. With 3G, u can get higher and better data transfer speed. For example, faster internet speed (faster than the speed u get from EDGE)! that's it!

• 2009-12-01 15:13
  • PHfN

how can i see my numbers on my sim card ??

• 2009-12-01 12:24
  • miNm

if u want to buy at low price go to the mobilestore dead cheep there

• 2009-12-01 11:02
  • vG0v

G is my first blackberry, I bought it about a month ago, and I Love it! so far it works so well..

• 2009-12-01 02:19
  • PFy5

It's my fist time to own a blackberry but i still don't know how to get the activation adrdress? Where can I get it? Is there anyone who know how? Thanks.

• 2009-12-01 01:06
  • wY5A

> In reply to mikejet @ 2009-11-30 19:58 from 4ntR - click to readhow much was it??

• 2009-12-01 00:52
  • pp30

Just got this phone over the weekend and LOVE it. Get it at Walmart. Dirt cheap there.

• 2009-11-30 19:58
  • 4ntR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-11-30 15:50 from MWWq - click to readOh, and I think Facebook you would be able to use with wifi. My gf can use it, but not msn. And twitter I don't really know.

• 2009-11-30 18:46
  • Qxp0

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-11-30 15:50 from MWWq - click to readHi, from what I know, you need to activate the Blackberry service or you'll be getting an error that says "Service not activated for this device". That's what my gf's 8530i says when we try using msn.

• 2009-11-30 18:42
  • Qxp0

if it had 3G, it could have been perfect

• 2009-11-30 17:48
  • t7K1

Hey guys i just need to ask a question, if i don't have the bb data plan or any Internet contract, would i be able to use msn, facebook twitter and stuff like that via wifi? if so i will buy this phone this week :)

thanks a lot..

• 2009-11-30 15:50
  • MWWq

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-11-30 10:38 from 0xYL - click to readYou will not be disapointed my friend

• 2009-11-30 12:35
  • Nhfa

I've used BB 8800 for 2 years and last month I got Nokia N97- what a mistake! I even got 2.0 firmware but the phone is still useless! Tried other phones (N86, N95, E71) but all I can say: BB rocks! Gonna buy 8520 next week (as soon as I sell N97) and even my wife wants one (we will save BIG time sending e-mails instead of sms). BB is stable and most important- it works!

• 2009-11-30 10:38
  • 0xYL

> In reply to Raj @ 2009-11-30 09:42 from A90G - click to readprice doesnt make any difference price of the both the handset are nearly same and if your hardcore business phone user and u need to check your mail frequently so u can go for blackberry phone and other hand you will get good picture quality and nice music player the is awesome in using it and i have decided i will use only blackberry phones and about nokia e71 the phone i good i have used this phone also but im happy the performance only the best part of the phone is the qwerty keypads and the look of the phone so i will suggest you to go for blackberry 8520

• 2009-11-30 10:21
  • sUUD

blackberry 8520 or nokia e72? How do these stack against each other in terms of functionality/price etc?

• 2009-11-30 09:42
  • A90G

The 8520 is a solid phone for the price, i was an e series fan before (owning e50, e51 and e63)but for the price this phone is real damn good. (Paid 100 bucks witha 2 year contract)

• 2009-11-30 02:32
  • LxIu

what is a better phone nokia e63 or blackberry curve 8520?

• 2009-11-29 17:32
  • fXYm

> In reply to law_ren22 @ 2009-11-29 15:51 from t7DI - click to readHey, I just wanted to ask you something. I had owned a Nokia n85 before this phone and I was deeply dissapointed with it.
I was hoping to enjoy it as much as I enjoyed my mom's n95 but it had way too many flaws. So I became a little doubtful about buying any nokia except for a few that I know are stable. Next week I was planning on changing my BB from prepaid service to a monthly plan with unlimited internet.
I am actually really pleased with thid phone, being my 1st BB I've grown to trust BB's stable OS. But, I'm afraid that if I get this contract I won't be able to use the free internet on another phone. Being a person who changes phones very often, I wanted to get the Nokia E71 on an unlimited 3G internet contract and I know that I can use any 3g phone with that. So would you recommend the E75 over the E71? Is it stable enough? And how's the camera? I think the cam on this phone is ok, needs a flash though. Hope you can answer!

• 2009-11-29 16:35
  • 4fLG
Total of 6667 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8520.