BlackBerry Curve 8520 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.8
6.1
6.2

I've used BB 8800 for 2 years and last month I got Nokia N97- what a mistake! I even got 2.0 firmware but the phone is still useless! Tried other phones (N86, N95, E71) but all I can say: BB rocks! Gonna buy 8520 next week (as soon as I sell N97) and even my wife wants one (we will save BIG time sending e-mails instead of sms). BB is stable and most important- it works!

• 2009-11-30 10:38
  • 0xYL

> In reply to Raj @ 2009-11-30 09:42 from A90G - click to readprice doesnt make any difference price of the both the handset are nearly same and if your hardcore business phone user and u need to check your mail frequently so u can go for blackberry phone and other hand you will get good picture quality and nice music player the is awesome in using it and i have decided i will use only blackberry phones and about nokia e71 the phone i good i have used this phone also but im happy the performance only the best part of the phone is the qwerty keypads and the look of the phone so i will suggest you to go for blackberry 8520

• 2009-11-30 10:21
  • sUUD

blackberry 8520 or nokia e72? How do these stack against each other in terms of functionality/price etc?

• 2009-11-30 09:42
  • A90G

The 8520 is a solid phone for the price, i was an e series fan before (owning e50, e51 and e63)but for the price this phone is real damn good. (Paid 100 bucks witha 2 year contract)

• 2009-11-30 02:32
  • LxIu

what is a better phone nokia e63 or blackberry curve 8520?

• 2009-11-29 17:32
  • fXYm

> In reply to law_ren22 @ 2009-11-29 15:51 from t7DI - click to readHey, I just wanted to ask you something. I had owned a Nokia n85 before this phone and I was deeply dissapointed with it.
I was hoping to enjoy it as much as I enjoyed my mom's n95 but it had way too many flaws. So I became a little doubtful about buying any nokia except for a few that I know are stable. Next week I was planning on changing my BB from prepaid service to a monthly plan with unlimited internet.
I am actually really pleased with thid phone, being my 1st BB I've grown to trust BB's stable OS. But, I'm afraid that if I get this contract I won't be able to use the free internet on another phone. Being a person who changes phones very often, I wanted to get the Nokia E71 on an unlimited 3G internet contract and I know that I can use any 3g phone with that. So would you recommend the E75 over the E71? Is it stable enough? And how's the camera? I think the cam on this phone is ok, needs a flash though. Hope you can answer!

• 2009-11-29 16:35
  • 4fLG

By the way, this curve 8520 is compatible with Mac. I was able to sync my contacts from nokia to blackberry using a Mac. So easy.. Enjoying it very much. Love the trackpad too..

• 2009-11-29 15:51
  • t7DI

I've had this Blackberry 8520 for like 4 days now and all i can say is that it is one of the best devices ive used. It is also my first blackberry. Everything is working well and is indeed value for money. I love the form factor and very light weight unlike my E75. Two thumbs up for this awesome device.

• 2009-11-29 11:35
  • t7DI

@ fahad
You can use (shift + scroll) button

• 2009-11-28 18:59
  • Qxpq

This is my first Blackberry and have been using for a few days now and I have to say I am very impressed. It is a great piece of kit and does everything I want, email, browsing etc all simple to use and navigate around. Haven't used the camera yet and I think the camera is the weak bit as only 2MP and no flash. But definately give this phone the thumbs up.

• 2009-11-28 13:40
  • nERN

Simply the best on my hand

• 2009-11-28 13:27
  • Qxpq

blackberry 8520 or nokia e63 or e71?

• 2009-11-28 13:11
  • 2@d5

I go for Samsung GT-B7320 OmniaPRO No data plan necessary, work on EDGE/3G and same price as BB curve 8250, it has some issues which will resolve in update version or WINMO6.5/7.0

• 2009-11-28 13:08
  • t@G2

I just bought my BB 8520 and it is a beautiful lilac/ lavender colour... Ohhh how i love it... Officially addicted to Blackberries!!!!

• 2009-11-27 20:31
  • 40DW

hello techy guys,
Can you plz tell me the way to move multiple SMS simultaneously to a folder.Is there any way like in nokia,we can mark multiple messages at a same time,to delete/move.

• 2009-11-27 17:45
  • 3YY4

Heyy guys I just whanted to ask you about the new bb curve screen is in like the other bb's or its better or whorser???

• 2009-11-27 11:10
  • 3sEm

> In reply to Sterling @ 2009-11-26 16:38 from LxJR - click to readhey stirling....i had the same problem at the beginning...this is what you must do:
go to the top of your display screen for the picture of the loudspeaker...just below the battery life icon - profiles click on it....scroll down to advanced options and click on that..click on normal profile and change your ringtones for sms/ mms/ email etc and you can change volumes...vibration/ silent or ring type.........;-) glad to be of service

• 2009-11-27 10:33
  • NH@r

I have this phone, and I absolutely love it....there's almost nothing it can't do. I also have the blackberry internet service provider with unlimited free internet service 24/7. It's like walking around with a micro laptop. I have 5 e-mails addresses, free music & games downloads, facebook, twitter, skype, 5 different messengers. whatever i dont have can be downloaded off the net free.

• 2009-11-27 09:59
  • NH@r

Hi guys I have the bb bold and now I whant to buy the new bb curve how do u see It? is it good or the bold is better and how is the charge coz the bold stays with me only 3 hours the it stops working.

• 2009-11-27 08:49
  • 3sEm

hi they actually have it in a frost blue and red also. i have the frost blue and this phone is really great i love it no problems since i got it

• 2009-11-26 22:58
  • LKmZ
  • F
Total of 6653 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8520.