BlackBerry Curve 8520 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.8
6.1
6.2

Hi Hi ,Love my BB too Bits ,at first i didnt know how to use my bt,video and i couldnt upload photos on fcbook but now i can do all that .THANX TO THE BB EXPERT that assisted me yesterdae...

• 2009-11-25 08:38
  • ftb}

> In reply to scamutza @ 2009-11-24 19:30 from pk$P - click to readHi! Well, I'm not a girl but I can tell you some of the main differences between the 2 phones. Personally, I think that the Gemini looks nicer. They're both mainly plastic and seem to have the same specs. Two things to notice are the LED flash and the screen of 16 million color support. It does make a difference in some occasions but I've noticed that it's not that much a big deal. The flash I do envy though. Symbian is supposed to be very flexible in personalizations. Lots of free themes and apps while I have failed to find as many for BB. I think that as a person that doesn't want to alter the phone too much, the Nokia is a better choice having so many themes. But after my experience with my ex-N85 I don't recommend Nokia except for a few phones I like. Nokias always have stabilization issues and my BB has been one of the most stable phones I've ever had. Also I enjoy the official Windows Messenger and hotmail support. The nokia would need to use something like Nimbuzz or some other client. Also with the Facebook app on BB you can directly upload pics and on my N85 I had to set up Share Online with a third party web service to upload.

Anyways, I also can say that Symbian has a more helpful home screen. You can see your tasks and appointments and on BB you can't. I probably would recomment the E71 over the E63 because it's nicer and especially in white for a girl. Sexy!
The black Gemini is also really nice and the new optical pad looks and feels nicer to use especially on the web. Oh, and symbian has a better browser. Mainly because of flash support for youtube and such. You might also want to look at the Samsung i637 being of the same specs as the BB. My preferences would be as follow:
1- BB (my most favorite phone ever! Except for camera)
2- Nokia E71 (better cam, better materials and nicer look)
3 and 4- Samsung i637 and Nokia E63 (never used winmo and the nokia seems too weak for the price in comparison to the e71)

Hope I helped xD

• 2009-11-25 06:53

Hi everyone,

I am undecided between a Nokia E63 and a BB 8520.Which one is better for a woman as design also.

Thanks

• 2009-11-24 19:30
  • pk$P

Hi there! really good phone! can't stop playing with it! BB is secure phone and they have security for BT as well and thats really good! its active BT and will never share virus!!!!

• 2009-11-24 18:16
  • 3Y6p

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-11-23 20:21 from N9@N - click to readHey, yeah I had a hard time with BT too. Blackberry should work on making it simple. Every phone I've had was simple to use and the BB adds too many steps for you to be able to recieve files. Any ways, here's how it's done.
First you need to activate BT and pair it up with the other device. Either search or wait for them to detect you. Then, add the password. Once you've paired up, go to the main menu, then go to multimedia and press menu again. In the list it should say Recieve via Bluetooth or something like that. Then once you've done that, tell the other person to send you the file. Choose where you want it to save and press save.
Sometimes when I take too long I get an error saying the it was impossible to send the file (on the other phone) but once I press save on my BB it recieves it perfectly.
Hope this helps. I sometimes can't recieve vids through BT, anyone know why?

• 2009-11-24 15:40

i can`t recieve files using bluetooth on BB 8520

• 2009-11-23 20:21
  • N9@N

> In reply to SR @ 2009-11-23 12:13 from fuHx - click to readBull!, you cant have BES on the iphone. you can however run MS exchange on it

• 2009-11-23 15:34
  • 9Ge7

> In reply to DH @ 2009-11-22 17:33 from ib4y - click to readDude. The iphone is one of the best phones in the market. depending on your SP you can still have the BIS / BES on the iphone.

• 2009-11-23 12:13
  • fuHx

> In reply to ycs86 @ 2009-11-21 01:30 from LCe0 - click to readI have a BB 8520. There are better looking BB's than this one ! You need to see them !

• 2009-11-23 12:08
  • fuHx

> In reply to DH @ 2009-11-22 17:33 from ib4y - click to readgo for it mate, its the best phone you will ever have, e-mail me if u want any help with it or any info on it. jproux.sacyclingteam@vodafone.co.za

• 2009-11-23 11:08
  • FXd9

can i use MSN or Facebook by using Wifi? No data plan

• 2009-11-23 06:13
  • TS$u

> In reply to ycs86 @ 2009-11-21 01:24 from LCe0 - click to readDude u cannot dream of having it all at dream price can u ...But given the specification and the price I guess this phone is cool

• 2009-11-22 17:55
  • t}av

Am thinking of buying this phone instead of iphone. Any suggestions?

THx!

• 2009-11-22 17:33
  • ib4y

> In reply to Ya Ya @ 2009-11-22 14:22 from nGKc - click to readAnd you might want to verify if the unlimited internet that does come with the BIS includes connections through wap services. Like, when I try looking at vids through youtube it asks me if I want to change to my Wap connection. I can only use wifi for youtube right now. So try and make sure that there won't be any extra fees hidden around in there for wap or 3G connections.

• 2009-11-22 16:49
  • 4fLF

> In reply to Ya Ya @ 2009-11-22 14:22 from nGKc - click to readWell, in my country (Mexico), every BB plan comes with the BIS regardless of the carrier. But, for BES you'll probably have to activate it for extra. I'm not really sure about that. The best thing would be for you to ask your phone carrier about the plan. Like I said, in my country, Blackberry's have their own plans with their own services activated.

• 2009-11-22 16:45
  • 4fLF

Hmm, I have a question - it may sound really stupid, but I'm not sure and I would rather BE sure! I'm looking to get a contract with a free blackberry curve 8520, and I'm just wondering - does it come automatically with free internet, or does that depend which network you get it with?? thanks

• 2009-11-22 14:22
  • nGKc

> In reply to mo @ 2009-11-20 07:30 from NHUD - click to readNo it clearly says NO GPS!

• 2009-11-21 11:00
  • nidV

Based solely on its outer look of 8520, I can say that it's the most attractive BB I've ever seen. Really!

If I hadn't bought my HTC Touch Viva (which is doing fine), I would surely buy this Curve! oh yeah!

• 2009-11-21 01:30
  • LCe0

> In reply to mo @ 2009-11-20 07:30 from NHUD - click to readHuh, not to insult you but eh...CAN YOU READ??? It says on the spec sheet: GPS --- NO

D@mn it!

• 2009-11-21 01:24
  • LCe0

Hey fellow Gemini users! I've only had this phone for 9 days and I can't seem to be able to make my web browser show updated web pages. It seems that it only gives me the page saved in the caché. I always have to go to menu/refresh or update (mine is in spanish so I don't know the correct english translation). I noticed this since I always try to comment on here and read new comment but I don't see any new comments or my new comment until I refresh the web page. Any idea on how to make it automatically update pages for me? Thanks!

• 2009-11-21 00:56
  • 4fLG
Total of 6622 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8520.