BlackBerry Curve 8900 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.8
6.6
6.7

> In reply to cutezgirl @ 2009-01-02 17:55 from PFyJ - click to readActually no, the 8900 has more pixels and is sharper than the bold

• 2009-01-04 05:16
  • q}6j

Like the look of this. Will the 8900 be able to stream videos from youtube etc?

• 2009-01-04 01:12
  • nxr5

> In reply to David @ 2008-12-30 16:11 from ijxw - click to readNo this 8900 won't work in japan, but 9000 bold for sure will work, my customer just used there. it worked perfectly alright.

• 2009-01-03 02:17
  • q}Vm

> In reply to T-mo downer @ 2008-12-28 16:01 from N5XZ - click to readthe 8900 is not 3G

• 2009-01-02 20:20
  • iS5b

very comfortable on hand
but bold has better keypad :) bold has softer keypad and great lcd. sharper than javelin.

• 2009-01-02 17:55
  • PFyJ

Hi, can anyone help. Just had the Storm and sent back within days, no good sync and not really for people on phone and emails (in my view). Just changed it for the Nokia E71 but no where near as ood for email - have to keep connecting to check for emails but as Nokia very easy sync and transfer of contacts (have nearly 450). Does anyone know whether the Curve 8900 is better for sync and things like transfering contacts out of Microsoft Outlook and is it available on Vodafone? Cheers on anticipation....

• 2009-01-02 09:50
  • nEQ9

Hi, I'm a blackberry addict and I was so amazed with curve 8900 I understand why the don't put 3G or else I will beat the blackberry bold and also curve 8900 had diffrent target market, they are more sort of a lifestyle mobile phone where u can bring them to cafe to have a free hotspot. But if looking for the most complete blackberry out there I think you should go for bold.
CMIIw

• 2009-01-02 06:52
  • THDU

Hi guys, Blackberry seem interested for me, i have never have blackberry mobile before, I think next week i'll have one, but could you guys advice me which one should i go for, Bold OR Javelin 8900? Then if i choose Javelin, since it doesn't come with 3G, it is possible for me to have internet access without wifi? this question might seem stupid for you guys since i do not know mich about mobile, so I need your advice please.

• 2009-01-02 05:06
  • iifK

The Blackberry Curve is the Best Blackberry the blackberry storm is garbage .

• 2008-12-31 18:59
  • 01i7

> In reply to A @ 2008-12-27 09:34 from QMsi - click to readits the truest thing ever! a new phone...would be excellent...good camera, good features but no 3G...............i would've bought this phone ages ago had it been 3G

• 2008-12-31 16:20
  • M3s@

Has anyone in Northern Ireland got this phone yet? I really wanna get it but I need the non-WiFi internet to be quick enough. Has anyone tried using it yet?? I understand 2G will not be as quick, but I'm just looking it to be quicker for internet browsing than my SE W910i.

• 2008-12-31 13:24
  • M3s@

> In reply to Anonymous @ from HHHH - click to readyour a clown...its such a sleek phone + reliable:)

• 2008-12-31 07:57
  • q}6j

> In reply to Anonymous @ from HHHH - click to readyes cause anything not iphone like is a brick....

• 2008-12-30 20:22
  • Rn@h

Does curve 8900 works in Japan ?

• 2008-12-30 16:11
  • ijxw

I have this phone and it is by far the sleakest and most refined out of all the new blackberry's. I had the previous curve and as always it is the best to use.
Storm is a waste of time. blackberry shouldnt try competing with iphone. iphone should compete with blackberry.
If your going to go with a blackberry get this one.

• 2008-12-29 13:15
  • pYD9

i dont understand why t-mobile puts these phones out for the U.S and wastes their money on r&d when the network is not even 3g. Its almost like buying a car with flat tires it will move but very slowly. Cant stand t-mobile.

• 2008-12-28 16:01
  • N5XZ

> In reply to anonymous @ 2008-12-23 15:34 from 2@vt - click to readeverything the old curve in w ank

• 2008-12-27 11:57
  • pYCt

There's no 3G on this phone, it totally ruins it because of that one reason

• 2008-12-27 09:34
  • QMsi

Just got it today, play around a bit. Directly I can feel quite a significant difference between 8900 and Bold in term of navigation speed (on email). Also on the time it takes to restore data. Bold is definitely faster thanks to it's 624MHz processor.

Speaker quality, Bold has superb speaker even compared to iPhone. But 8900's speaker? Poor.

But talking about beauty, bold is totally far behind this new curve. Of course Curve, don't support 3G, but I don't use 3G so I don't really miss it. Overall with bigger memory, slightly more pixels, beautiful design, I love this Curve!

• 2008-12-25 16:57
  • PFDC

For tmobile US that is...

• 2008-12-24 23:09
  • qDe4
Total of 2568 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8900.