BlackBerry Curve 8900 - user opinions and reviews

• qb96

get a grip this handset is pants !!!!!1

• 2008-12-12 19:44
  • M3s@

> In reply to anthony afuang @ 2008-12-12 05:21 from PExE - click to readmind your own blackberry pls

• 2008-12-12 05:42

its amazing... ahlavit

• 2008-12-12 05:31

wave 29 will buy it this 15/12/2008...hehe

• 2008-12-12 05:21

is it user friendly

• 2008-12-12 05:19
  • PExE

maybe people dont want 3g???? dont use internet as much so this device would be for those ppl

• 2008-12-12 02:05
  • 461A

WOW I didin't know that this phone did not have 3g;im never going to look at it again. People do me a favor do like me and buy yourself a bold phone your going to have 3g and wifi.

• 2008-12-11 22:54
  • QVrI

great device should be on o2 very soon end of december
hasnt got 3g but has wifi which is great

prefer the bold 9000 though...

• 2008-12-11 16:33
  • S35r

> In reply to AGadgetGeek @ 2008-12-11 15:00 from q{Pn - click to readAlso, one thing I noticed was with the 8310, while using a stereo bluetooth headset, audio would not be transmitted while watching videos. This is no longer the case and I'm able to do so now =).

• 2008-12-11 15:03
  • q{Pn

This thing is a dream. Just received it yesterday via UPS after delivery issues caused by Rogers. Works flawlessly and the 8310 curve feels so inferior beside the 8900. Form factor is nice, the only complaints are that the connector has been changed to Micro USB, which means none of my accessories can be carried over. The second issue is the location of the connector, makes it hard to hold the BB when its plugged in. Third, the vibration function seems a lot weaker than previous models. Lastly, the sound output (headset and speaker mode) seem softer/less loud than before as well.

That said the phone runs much more smoothly, as expected. I think the indicator light is more bright/noticeable than the previous models so if you were a fan of the light before, this is good news. Bedside mode is a nice feature to have, the same as the Bold. The screen is just beautiful, I felt like the 8310's screen was so blurry after using the 8900 for just a few minutes. Took some time to adjust to the new atomic trackball. There's no groove around the ball like there was around the 8310's, so you can't physically scroll as much but I just changed the sensitivity to account for the change. Key's are well placed, able to type just as fast as before with the same limited amount of typo's. Just wish the shift key was still as big as before.

No complaint's about the SMS/e-mail features yet either, seems flawless.

I got this phone because I didn't think that I would need 3G, wireless data on Rogers is just too expensive and having a faster connection would just get me to the limit of my plan much faster. Luckily, that's what the Wifi feature is for. The wifi feature works flawlessly, have not tested UMA/Rogers Talkspot as I don't plan on getting the feature (I believe it's a waste of money, and find it funny that they can claim better battery life with the purchase of their propitiatory router). Browsing and downloading is obviously really fast when connected to a hotspot. Haven't tested this outside of home yet though.

The camera's auto focus feature is nice, though I personally can't tell much of a difference between the 2.0mp shots taken with the 8310 and the 3.2mp shots taken with this new 8900. It's definitely faster though, ie with the 8310 you'd have to wait a few seconds while the image was being saved, not the case with the 8900.

I also like the battery latch, it's now much easier to open than before. Access to the micro sd card is still under the battery door but is now swappable without the need to remove the battery.

Most importantly...I can now play Brickbreaker *almost* flawlessly while listening to music (before the game would lag, now it only lags if I'm changing the song. I listen via my stereo bluetooth headset w/ audio control buttons). Now to wait for more themes and applications to be compatible with this phone =).

• 2008-12-11 15:00
  • q{Pn

> In reply to Kue @ 2008-12-10 18:13 from NKYD - click to readshe probs bought u then handset because ur lonely how about wen u get the handset join blackberry msger and try and find a girlfriend mate !!

• 2008-12-11 12:42
  • S35r

What is battery Type ? 1500mAh or 1400 mAh ?

• 2008-12-11 06:33
  • upX3

I;m getting this phone for Free!

My sister bought it for me =) she said I Deserved it.
Once i see how it is, i will reply back about it.

• 2008-12-10 18:13
  • NKYD

when will this phone will be released in ausralia?

• 2008-12-10 08:51
  • uEDV

for those who are staying in Indonesia will definitely enjoy the device pretty soon, though it's not bundled with the local service providers but you could still get it at the appointed gadget store in jakarta i.e ambasador mall, semanggi plaza or perhaps ITC roxy... there's always a way to get a blackberry in indonesia, even the pearl flip and storm are available here in jakarta.

• 2008-12-09 22:39
  • wra5

i'm dreamin it

• 2008-12-09 08:33
  • wr9e

i'm dreamin it

• 2008-12-09 08:22
  • wr9e

Picking one up tomorrow from my local store, can't wait!

• 2008-12-08 23:16
  • Qv}1

That sexy still its a nice phone

• 2008-12-08 05:04
  • q}tx
Total of 2569 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Curve 8900.