BlackBerry Pearl 8100 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.5
6.3
6.4

T-Mobile--- To connect it to your laptop as a modem, you first have to have Blackberry Desktop Manater running and it must show that the device is connected. If you installed the software correctly, it should be an option as a modem already. Now go to Phone and Modem Options under the Control Panel. On the Advanced tab, type in... [[[ +cgdcont=1,,"wap.voicestream.com ]]] (exclude the brackets) Then make a new connection and have it dial *99# as the phone number. Leave the user and password blank. It should work then.

• 2006-09-27 07:47
  • Rbq2

I just wanted to second the comment below....thank you blackberry its about time you came out with a PDA that is going to blow the others away!! Just like on the mcdonalds commercial, "Im loving it"!!

• 2006-09-26 15:56
  • Bg1a

Looks like RIM is coming out with a full qwerty keyboard/enterprise(no camera) version - Blackberry 8800.

• 2006-09-25 14:34
  • Tab5

i am having problems with the video player. i'll put a video on then it plays for a sec then crashes. anyone else having this problem?

• 2006-09-23 23:44
  • 4xCu

after using nokia e61 n m600i
i have decide to get this phone as a backup for
email device.
awsome phone...
im still wating for new version of bb connect for my other device...
as for now Im happy with my new bb pearl..

• 2006-09-23 10:45
  • 4Gfu

i just get this fone today.. used to a SE user... it's a great fone... it has a scroll as a pointer... but i can't connect it to my computer for internet connection... can i get some help?

• 2006-09-23 02:39
  • 46Nu

I just have one thing to say about the BlackBerry 8700 Pearl. Thank you BLACKBERRY

• 2006-09-22 02:28
  • keW0

Well I can say that have bought and tried every smart phone that has been out on there market in the past year and there is not even 1 that comes close to thr BLACKBRRRY PEARL 8100. Wow the have made the perfect smart phone. It is very tinny but delivers a massive blow to all the other smartphones. Just go ahead and buy one oh and price wise it probably is the cheapest$$$ on the market. THANK YOU BLACKBERRY:)

• 2006-09-22 01:58
  • keW0

i like it, super light weight phone with all the options.... except a video recorder!!!! lol but overall its a good phone.

• 2006-09-21 06:50
  • 4c@9

Outstanding! Smaller and lighter than most phones, amazing functionality and looks awesome!

• 2006-09-21 04:47
  • 4q{I

the coming soon sgin should be gone its out on t mobile usa

• 2006-09-21 02:39
  • 4udr

Just got thru week 1 with my pearl, and I have 2 say hands down I love my handset! Trust me... This is way better than the hiptop 2 I had b4. And the camera and bluetooth are great.. All I need is some good headphones for my mp3

• 2006-09-20 11:46
  • THDZ

its nice to see blackberry are going the right way and hopefully the next version will be a step up with wifi ,fm radio and a better camera as 3.2mp is now the norm as was 1.3mp about 2 years ago,this is a nice looking phone and has a impressive keypad layout onward and upwards lets hope.

• 2006-09-19 22:43
  • n1Hw

This phone is great. It syncs with my outlook almost as easy as my MPX220. Navigating the device was easy to learn. Reception is better than samsung t609 but not as good as MDA. Many complaints of poor audio with bluetooth H700. This could be the only dealbreaker. Great camera. Small, light, mp3, Killer VOICE DIAL.

• 2006-09-19 01:03
  • 4vGe

i just bought my pearl for a bargain and got more than what i expected. every applications are easy to use and suretype is amazing, but i tend to text people in another language, so theres multitap for texter like me. i considered other pda phones and was told to try the pearl and so far, i am impressed with the device.

• 2006-09-18 21:27
  • yX{p

I got the SDA and never had a blackberry. I've been considering switching to the pearl. Any suggestions on the move or no move?

• 2006-09-15 01:41
  • R1HB

its a wonderful fonee.i like it.if it were a human i'll marry it.

• 2006-09-14 15:39
  • PxxT

Wow, Being a Nokia fan, never thought I'd be a traitor. so French Connection UK the N93, this is the phone to get for 1/3 of the price.

• 2006-09-14 03:33
  • 4Q19

The Pearl is truly an amazing phone if you like Blackberry. I purchased the phone from T- Mobile just the other day, and it is one of the better phones Ive seen in a long time.

• 2006-09-14 02:47
  • T2{U

Got this phone at their launch in NYC. Switched from the 8700. Took some adjusting but this is a great device. Small, slim and attractive. And now with a camera, video and memory slot. I couldnt ask for more. Wholesale for about 325.00, its a drop in price from the 8700.

• 2006-09-13 23:23
  • 4}DI
Total of 1297 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Pearl 8100.