BlackBerry Pearl 8100 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.5
6.3
6.4

Best phone I've ever owned. I was a treo user for 4 years and I've tried the symbian and windows mobile smartphones. There's no comparison. Cameras and wifi are nice, but if they don't get the phone and email right, their worthless. And who wants to carry around a big brick in their pocket or be that geek with a laptop strapped to their belt? The keyboard has been very responsive and seems sturdy to me. I haven't heard of anybody on the bb forums with keyboard problems.

• 2006-10-07 20:11
  • 4UkY

Crap and the keypad has been super glued!

• 2006-10-07 14:48
  • TkyE

what happen to wifi? NO WIFI?

• 2006-10-07 00:13
  • TeTy

New phone and they still using 1.3 mp camera !!! it is shame

• 2006-10-05 06:43
  • S1xn

Cant say enough about Blackberry, They've Come along way. Now with a 1.3 Meg Camera MP3 Player Great fetures easy to use. Never even opened the manual. Can you Say User Friendly!!!Great feal and one hand operational, unlike there previouse models. 2 Thumbs Up.

• 2006-10-03 22:32
  • jTIn

I recently switched to an 8100 from a Nokia E70 and, before that, a treo 650. I just wanted to say that although I'm giving up a few advanced features(Qwerty, wifi, video, etc.) I totally LOVE this 8100.

I do miss how the E70 is a regular phone on the outside, but flips open to reveal a full, SPACIOUS Qwerty keyboard on the inside. I could use suretype for quick messages, yet flip it open for longer responses. BB should consider using the E70 form factor as they develop smaller devices (instead of cramming the Qwerty keys so close together, as we've seen in pictures of the upcoming 8800).

In any event, I have a question regarding the below post. My desktop manager does not have a modem option included. I know I installed it correctly, because I went back and checked the CD. How do I go about getting this functionality? Does T-mobile not support it? Is there somewhere on the web where I can download it into the Desktop Manager?

• 2006-09-28 01:17
  • jTpN

+cgdcont=1,,"wap.voicestream.com" (whoops, forgot the (") at the end of that...

• 2006-09-27 07:48
  • jyCb

T-Mobile--- To connect it to your laptop as a modem, you first have to have Blackberry Desktop Manater running and it must show that the device is connected. If you installed the software correctly, it should be an option as a modem already. Now go to Phone and Modem Options under the Control Panel. On the Advanced tab, type in... [[[ +cgdcont=1,,"wap.voicestream.com ]]] (exclude the brackets) Then make a new connection and have it dial *99# as the phone number. Leave the user and password blank. It should work then.

• 2006-09-27 07:47
  • Rbq2

I just wanted to second the comment below....thank you blackberry its about time you came out with a PDA that is going to blow the others away!! Just like on the mcdonalds commercial, "Im loving it"!!

• 2006-09-26 15:56
  • Bg1a

Looks like RIM is coming out with a full qwerty keyboard/enterprise(no camera) version - Blackberry 8800.

• 2006-09-25 14:34
  • Tab5

i am having problems with the video player. i'll put a video on then it plays for a sec then crashes. anyone else having this problem?

• 2006-09-23 23:44
  • 4xCu

after using nokia e61 n m600i
i have decide to get this phone as a backup for
email device.
awsome phone...
im still wating for new version of bb connect for my other device...
as for now Im happy with my new bb pearl..

• 2006-09-23 10:45
  • 4Gfu

i just get this fone today.. used to a SE user... it's a great fone... it has a scroll as a pointer... but i can't connect it to my computer for internet connection... can i get some help?

• 2006-09-23 02:39
  • 46Nu

I just have one thing to say about the BlackBerry 8700 Pearl. Thank you BLACKBERRY

• 2006-09-22 02:28
  • keW0

Well I can say that have bought and tried every smart phone that has been out on there market in the past year and there is not even 1 that comes close to thr BLACKBRRRY PEARL 8100. Wow the have made the perfect smart phone. It is very tinny but delivers a massive blow to all the other smartphones. Just go ahead and buy one oh and price wise it probably is the cheapest$$$ on the market. THANK YOU BLACKBERRY:)

• 2006-09-22 01:58
  • keW0

i like it, super light weight phone with all the options.... except a video recorder!!!! lol but overall its a good phone.

• 2006-09-21 06:50
  • 4c@9

Outstanding! Smaller and lighter than most phones, amazing functionality and looks awesome!

• 2006-09-21 04:47
  • 4q{I

the coming soon sgin should be gone its out on t mobile usa

• 2006-09-21 02:39
  • 4udr

Just got thru week 1 with my pearl, and I have 2 say hands down I love my handset! Trust me... This is way better than the hiptop 2 I had b4. And the camera and bluetooth are great.. All I need is some good headphones for my mp3

• 2006-09-20 11:46
  • THDZ

its nice to see blackberry are going the right way and hopefully the next version will be a step up with wifi ,fm radio and a better camera as 3.2mp is now the norm as was 1.3mp about 2 years ago,this is a nice looking phone and has a impressive keypad layout onward and upwards lets hope.

• 2006-09-19 22:43
  • n1Hw
Total of 1304 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Pearl 8100.