BlackBerry Q10 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

7.5

I was a BlackBerry user since last few years, recently shifted to galaxy s4 and found it the most powerful device. Yet switched back to BlackBerry Q10 as was missing keyboard especially while driving,felt difficult to dial calls.

• 2013-11-14 13:51
  • KIS2

What would you prefer me to buy Blackberry Q10 or Sony Xperia Acro s??

• 2013-11-13 15:39
  • vpH7

I've been using the Q10 for several months now. At first my biggest concern was the navigation which is done via the touch screen (like all other touch-only phones). One of the most important things that ensured that I remain a BB user, was the ease of navigation using the very logical BB buttons.

Unfortunately RIM thought it was a good idea to do away with one of the most important BB features and introduced BB Flow, which was supposed to make navigation better. Unfortunately it made it WORSE.

Another poster mentioned it is impossible to copy something from Facebook, well, let me add to that.

A few days after getting my Q10, I had to go see a client in town. I used the BB satnav and was really impressed at how well that worked. However, when getting close to the client, I decided to call the client to give me directions on where to park etc. As I didn't have their number with me, I looked it up on their website. I may add the browser on the Q10 is super fast (4G support and all). However, when I found the client's phone number, I tried to copy it to the clipboard, something my previous bold did with no problem. When I FINALLY managed to highlight the text (which was one mother of a mission) I managed to copy it. I then used BB flow to go to the phone app and tried pasting it in there. Nope, no go. All it pasted was something I copied days before. I then figured it was impossible to copy something in the web browser and past it in the phone app. HOW DUMB IS THAT??

With my previous bold, I would simply hold shift, use the scroley wheely thingy to highlight, rightclick (BB button), copy, hold BB button, switch to phone app, rightclick, paste, dial, voila. It would take 3sec. On any touchscreen phone it would probably take 20sec, but on the Q10 I gave up as it doesn't work. To add to this, on my previous Bold I could do all of this with one hand while driving. With the Q10 I have to use both hands, all my attention plus the frustration levels are insanely high.

Further frustrations:

-Copy/past doesn't work between most programs
-Whatapp doesn't have a search function, you have to scroll through (in my case 14000) contacts alphabetically

-Navigation are done using touchscreen and not buttons. The "touch button" (eg red button to end a call) is never there when you want to press it, so you have to wait wait wait wait or in some cases scroll down before the bottom "buttons" are shown before you are able to press them. A simple process could take a minute (each time waiting 3sec for buttons to appear) where it could take 5sec in total if you had buttons. For a active phone user like myself, I loose minutes per day waiting for stupid buttons to appear, and those minutes cause a lot of stress which really isn't necessary.

-The contact feature/address book is completely useless and very frustrating. You can't send a text message to an unsaved number from the call history menu. So now you're driving 140km/h, late for an appointment, you need to SMS the person you're running late, but now you first have to save the contact and blah blah. The same also applies to when you're trying to call someone who SMS'd you. Alternatively you could keep switching between phone and SMS and retype it all together.

-When your hands are dirty (which mine regularly is when doing large infrastructure developments), employ a secretary to answer the phone, the touch screen doesn't work with dirty hands

-When you wish to do something simple which should take 3sec, be prepared to quit doing anything else, use both hands, all your concentration, make sure your glasses are clean, and only then start doing it.

My summary on the Q10, it is really a brilliant device, but for a 16yo who gets tech for its coolness. A serious business person who needs to quickly go from app to app from mail to call to internet banking etc, stay away! As I mentioned between my other comments, certain aspects of the Q10 is really awesome, like the internet speed, even the camera and all. My biggest problem with the phone is navigation.

So what phone to get? Since all (supposed) smart-phones nowadays are touchscreen or are navigated by touch, I really don't have any other option, so I might as well settle for a phone with a well developed touch screen/navigation system. Android isn't even an option (way cooler than the BB, which directly translates to way more useless for the business man). So I'm left with Microsoft (say what? YUCK!), or iPhone. Guess which one I'm upgrading to? iPhone it will be! The only time I would EVER come back to BB (or any other brand) would be if they bring navigation back to buttons which are always at the same place and you don't have to check the screen to find them.

My message to BB/RIM:
Please restore navigation to the good old established and working system using buttons. While you do that, I'll be using and promoting iPhone

Dankie en totsiens (thanks and cheers)

• 2013-11-12 21:44
  • rvQa

please my dp cant change, and when im on face book, i cant copy. why? someone pls help

• 2013-11-11 11:40
  • fmWk

> In reply to Tweety @ 2013-11-07 15:27 from ftVa - click to readTry to install blackberry android run time applicatioon in blackberry world

• 2013-11-10 12:07
  • 3sEw

> In reply to endah @ 2013-11-08 03:40 from 9xx6 - click to readD phone is bad men,its a gud product nd perfect!

• 2013-11-09 14:02
  • 3sEw

Best mob in terms of quality. Fit in hand perfect call experience, good music, good cam,fast typing,perfect net experience. Some aspect still missing when comparable to android, but perfect pair for a busy man

• 2013-11-09 12:23
  • 0Cm@

can you help me, how to enable Fixed Dial Number on BB Z10?? thank you

• 2013-11-08 03:40
  • 9xx6

> In reply to chigi @ 2013-11-05 07:47 from fut@ - click to readBoth are good. For fast typing Q10 is better

• 2013-11-07 20:59
  • rJ$J

i have a q10 and i just updated to os to 10.2.1.424 and i cannot find any of my memos or phone book contacts. i cannot even add a new phone book contact at the moment. how can i fix this please. i tried to open blackberry protect on my phone, but it just wont open.....someone help me before i break this phone......help!!!!

• 2013-11-07 15:27
  • ftVa

> In reply to Val Jay @ 2013-11-05 13:47 from NwR7 - click to readsend me a blank email on mogashum@mail.com ill help

• 2013-11-07 12:13
  • rvRy

> In reply to Gadzee @ 2013-10-30 12:48 from NugV - click to readThe answer to that would be no. I have installed all the updates 10.2 and the phone has been incredibly stable. Never done a battery pull. I mean never.

• 2013-11-07 07:08
  • YdeE

> In reply to Manu @ 2013-11-06 20:09 from KAb2 - click to readThere are different versions available for this phone. All work on basic gsm network but only some sqn100-2 and sqn100-4? work on cdma. It shows you on the information page for the q10 the network frequencies that they work on (gsm arena. This phone is beautiful by the way. My wife has one and I wish I had held out longer to get a new phone, Something that stands out from the iphones is that very professional looking keyboard and display. It means your serious about using mobile.

• 2013-11-07 07:03
  • YdeE

Glad that I've upgraded from BB 9900 to Q10, its fast, provides quick access to messages and notifications, battery life is good without net usage and average if there is, front facing camera, love the keyboard, fast reboot, no need to reboot after app installation unlike before.

Downsides would be the availability of apps especially if your into games, anyways my android does that for me and sideloading is available, most apps are incompatible, IG works though, cheers(has little incompatibility issues), third party apps for IG available like Blackgram(paid) and Igrann in the works. No LED notifications for battery if its charging, low or full, no font style selection(not much of a bother).

Overall its one of the best OS out there, it may not beat iOS or Android in terms of apps yet but in terms of interface it might.

• 2013-11-06 23:26
  • Q{}8

Will it work on indian cdma network like tata indicom or reliance?

• 2013-11-06 20:09
  • KAb2

BB HUB is AWesome. best notification , just peek to see all notification come in.

• 2013-11-05 16:03
  • 61p%

Please can anyone tell me how to save video and music downloads on this phone...
for people coming in here to thrash talk Q10,its the most amazing blackberry phone out there...ditched my Bold 9900 for it and its been an amazing experience

• 2013-11-05 13:47
  • NwR7

Q10 or Z30? Which one should I buy guys? Want answers from hands on experience please :)

• 2013-11-05 07:47
  • fut@

Hi,
Can i use Google Hangout on BB Q10....?

• 2013-11-04 10:18
  • mT@F

Wish to have this christmas!

• 2013-11-03 07:27
  • UNA6
Total of 1612 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Q10.