BlackBerry Q5 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.8

I'm using the q5 for sum time now,but I can't understand y sum videos n pics don't show n work on this fone only.i did show vodacom it.on watsapp it's doin it.dunno y.thats the only prob I have with it.any answers as to y.thx

• 2014-07-09 09:07
  • fjSv

> In reply to Ran @ 2014-06-09 10:01 from J7Js - click to readwhat about other wifi?

• 2014-07-08 07:38
  • PUa3

> In reply to jasco @ 2014-06-30 21:05 from ftKb - click to readdepends on your telco.

• 2014-07-08 07:35
  • PUa3

> In reply to linkwire @ 2014-07-04 08:34 from ftKb - click to readi agree with you. my z10 went into the shop to fix and they loan me a q5, darn i can really type really fast on this stuff and battery is good too.

• 2014-07-08 07:35
  • PUak

> In reply to mark @ 2014-07-08 03:58 from v0qT - click to readthen find a wifi which is faster to download

• 2014-07-08 07:31
  • PUa3

I cannot download any games,and always I receive update for my OS but I can't download it with my service provider to slow ir requires wifi connection

• 2014-07-08 03:58
  • v0qT

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-06-30 16:12 from n1wV - click to readThanks for the review. I'm going to get one. Do not want an internet plan. Just a damn good phone and a few apps.

• 2014-07-07 02:06
  • q}9B

this mobile is supported temple run and subway surf etc games

• 2014-07-06 13:55
  • ut5x

my cell suddenly hanged and restarted, then at the loading phase, multi colour lines appear on the screen, and it just get restart again and even not turn off,can anybody tell me what should i do

• 2014-07-04 23:32
  • 6QKk

> In reply to swtn100tj @ 2014-07-03 09:16 from Mfx6 - click to readworks on normal service no BB plan reqd

• 2014-07-04 10:21
  • tUas

This is the best blackberry phone thus far...trust me, I've used the iPhone 4s, used the samsung galaxy s2,s3 and recently dumped my huawei ascend P6 for this wonder in a box...it does what I want it to do and with the qwerty keyboard,it just makes me remember why I always loved the blackberry platform...Now it also accepts android apps...so what the hell am I looking for????I got it a few days ago and I'm not regretting my money spent...for that little amount I spent, I'm sure getting a pot of gold. I recommend this phone greatly.

• 2014-07-04 08:34
  • ftKb

> In reply to swtn100tj @ 2014-07-03 09:16 from Mfx6 - click to readNormal data service

• 2014-07-03 22:03
  • YM0P

Hi guys help me to know does Q5 works on normal data service or it required particular BB surfing plans
pls reply soon

• 2014-07-03 09:16
  • Mfx6

Hi Guys,
I am using this phone for past few months. Those who are not keen on android apps, I would suggest this to any other phone. I was using du mobile connection in UAE, and am using TataDocomo 3G in Kerala. Internet browsing is pretty good and fast. The HotSpot connection is speechless. Really fast. But as any other network it may drop occasionally. Generally, This is really a good phone. Please note that Viber and some popular Apps wont work on this. Maybe in the next upgrade, it may work. Whatsapp, Linkedin Twitter & Facebook works well. I have not tried any other social media apps.

• 2014-07-02 21:25
  • uuxr

I don't get 3G network on my Q5.

• 2014-06-30 21:05
  • ftKb

will it work on simple internet data pack or that blackberry special internet pack?

• 2014-06-30 16:12
  • n1wV

I've been using the Q5 for one week now and it is pure joy. I can't believe how much phone I got for how little money. I *do not* use the phone for photos, music or videos, but with a microSD card I could easily expand the memory and use it for music and videos. The screen is small, so extended video use doesn't make sense. And the camera is not the best, but I don't need the device for that. I *do* use the phone a lot for Evernote, Dropbox, Emails, Calendar and social media (Facebook, Twitter...). The Q5 is a powerhouse - all the apps are seamlessly interconnected with each other and the OS. The device has a plethora of customisation options. And the keyboard, predictive text and multi-language support is genius. No more typos, misspellings and missing accents! Fantastic. I feel like I have discovered a hidden gem. Why is the whole world not obsessed with this phone? It is so unassuming - it will never get stolen - but has all the power of the new BB OS 10, touch screen function as per the latest on the market, and blackberry hub. And in a couple months with the 10.3 upgrade it will have all the Android apps and music library from the Amazon store, too. Well pleased. If you want all the power of the best smartphone for running your life, but don't want to take out a loan to get the latest bleeding-edge device, then this phone is for you.

• 2014-06-30 15:33
  • 0v4F

> In reply to Khalid @ 2014-06-28 05:50 from KI44 - click to readNo you cannot

• 2014-06-28 16:59
  • rnnX
  • its a great but....
  • Rating0

It's a great phone with good os as a general but really it makes me like I want to grab this BlackBerry os developer head and scream duuuuh waru thinking of the fb is terrible why in name of god haven't u updated the freekin App like the android app why the trucaller isn't combined with the phone log so it could look up the unknown no's why the fb messenger is that bad the android apps work with it but it's not built for that purpose so the screen dimensions doesn't fit with all the aderoid apps so it's big dilemma to me and don't get me wrong the device is one hell of phone the os it's not open like the android but after all it doesn't matter if it's not that open its not a tab it's just a phone for god sake but a slight care for the major apps the os and the that empty poor room so called BlackBerry world won't harm

• 2014-06-28 16:52
  • rnnX

> In reply to KarlW @ 2014-06-25 22:36 from LK3i - click to readyes its good.

• 2014-06-28 15:25
  • d%Y9
Total of 865 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Q5.