BlackBerry Q5 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.8
6.9
6.9

> In reply to recca @ 2014-11-07 07:21 from nTS9 - click to readdon't worry bud. I'm not offended by your remarks. But the beta update of the OS laggs a lot. I can't wait to see the final 10.1.3 official update from blackberry. Some cool update features also using the pinch to zoom to zoom while recording a video but the camera quality has deteriorated much more than expected.

What version of the OS do you have running on your q5?

• 2014-11-12 15:52
  • 7tUK

Do BB Q5 Support Viber ?? Please reply

• 2014-11-12 09:54
  • PU7s

What is the reason blackberry Q5 not supporting viber pls anyone answer me

• 2014-11-11 23:52
  • 6ufs

Anybody tell me about its camera quality
?????

• 2014-11-11 22:19
  • U{d{

great phone

• 2014-11-09 07:04
  • YMax

I hv purchased it on 2nd nov.
Pros-
1. Built quality is bad
2.display brightness is nt gd
3. When browsing net, phn is getting too hot
4. Non-removable back cover
5. To select a text for copy paste or want to slide the cursor for deleting or inserting word, is a bit tough.
Overall its a gd phone to me.

• 2014-11-09 03:36
  • t1$D

> In reply to Sushi Majesty @ 2014-11-06 18:53 from 7tUK - click to read@sushimajesty
A big yes. There are some unnoticeable loopholes in the q5 update especially to new owners of this phone.

However, I believe that even other best OS updates have their bugs in it. Updates are being released for better phone performance but not for perfection. A bug fix included in an update surely has another bug on it.

For the camera, touch pad and other hardware and software profiles I can say it is far better than other updates of other operating system.

Forgive how I express my thoughts but for the intrinsic understanding of this phone I may be lacking. But what makes up on my in-depth technically know-how impairment is what suffice my satisfaction of Q5 performance.

Thanks buddy for sharing your thoughts so as sharing with mine.

Have a good day!

• 2014-11-07 07:21
  • nTS9

> In reply to recca @ 2014-11-05 13:50 from nTSc - click to readActually @ Recca there's a slight difference!

I recently got my blackberry Q5 updated (Did a jailbreak) its still a beta version of Ver 10.3.1.522 and I did notice a few bugs the drop-down shortcut menu does disappear at times and I would have to restart my phone to make it work again, the new blackberry assistant that works on the Passport works fine but there's a few times it takes forever to figure thing, you have to speak into the microphone else its going to keep looking with absolutely no response 7 out of 10 times it works perfectly its better than what google has to offer but not as good as Crotana on Nokia Lumia devices. The BB assistant works perfectly fine when you as the following things listed below.
1. Weather it gets the weather (You can't ask questions like you do on crotana but dont expect to sound sexy and reply back you need to carry an umbrella, the assistant is to the point after a while it begins to grown on you.)
2. You can ask the assistant to tweet, bbm and remind and for making appointments in your calender, make calls, search for an restaurant, send a text message, thats about it, it doesnt work for facebook. 8 out of 10 times it gets thing right but in crowded places it never works right you might give up and do things the good old way, using your fingers!
3. With a few voice commands you can switch on & off the wifi, bluetooth, set on flight mode and search words or thing on yahoo, bing, google.

The Music player offers equalizer options which is pretty cool with is good but I noticed the aeroplane mode does cause some static and creeky kind of sounds when the volume is at maximum and when you switch to the next song not sure if its only my device but its not that bad but, I preferred keeping the equalizers switched off.

I noticed the camera has better options now with a panorama capturing mode, face detection some better filter options. But, on the contrary I noticed that the image quality of taking still shots have deteriorated without the flash there's lot of noise and image stabilization isn't that great. Low light images inspite of the flash makes things worse. You get the best shots only during day time and you'll still notice considerable amount of noise.

But the OS is much better there's a homescreen now which is great but, the user has the option if he/she wishes not to have a home screen, while the home screen can also be used to hold the application that have been minimized which is a nice trick and works really well.

Battery Life after Update: The battery life has improved considerably. Earlier with the 10.2.1 update my Q5 would last 9 to 10 hours with heavy usage and after the beta update I noticed the battery last 12hrs straight with very heavy usage i.e.., 6hrs of calling, 4hrs of music, 2hrs of web browsing and still there will be 32% of battery life remaining. The update does offer battery saving mode which lets the software to reduce your screen brightness, reduce your phone's processing to just one core of the two, it also lets you choose from killing the 3G connection and gps location updation finally it also offer the users of, what percentage the battery should go into power saving mode you can start to put the phone in battery saving mode from the moment you take it of the charging to 10% battery as well. But I did notice inspite of using the battery saving mode, the battery juice depleted very fast which I found very astonishing shouldnt' work that way but, lets wait for the final update.

A word of caution: The phone does tend to heat up at the back at times not very hot but touches 32 to 38 degrees easily based on what application your running.

But, like I did mention the OS which I have updated seems to be still in beta version and the final version is yet to come out. So, I hope these issues are resolved by the time of the official release.

I hope this helps i wish I could add a few screen shots.

• 2014-11-06 18:53
  • 7tUK

> In reply to Vishal @ 2014-11-04 04:13 from vIhX - click to readGetting an update does not mean a change in visible performance or fancy icons or colorful reactions when swiping or tapping the screen. Kindly observe and feel your phone performance. I myself already enjoy the smoothness and responsiveness the screen and keypad. You may also observe the software configurations of your phone.
Hope I answer your thoughts. Good luck and have a nice day

• 2014-11-05 13:50
  • nTSc

> In reply to Theopilais @ 2014-11-05 10:34 from N9@S - click to readBlackBerry world is a built-in app for our phone. If this really happened, I am suggesting you to back-up your file and perform a master reset so that your phone will return to the factory setting itself.
Be very careful when doing this since your data is at stake. Back-up everything then proceed. If the BlackBerry world is still missing after your reset, go to any licensed BlackBerry center for your concern.
Hope this helps. Have a good day and good luck!

• 2014-11-05 13:44
  • nTSc

My BlackBerry World Just Gone Missing Or May Be I Mistakenly Delete It But I Can't Get It Back, Online Or Anywhere! Please Help Me. #Posted_By_BlackBerry_Q5

• 2014-11-05 10:34
  • N9@S

Received an OS update today in India. But no visible changes.

• 2014-11-04 04:13
  • vIhX

I have q5 I like it but when I dial numbers there's keypad sounds and when i switch it off from the settings it automatically makes my phone to be on silent. please help to turn off my keypad sounds yet my phone being able to ring not vibrate

• 2014-11-03 21:20
  • NpWj

> In reply to Ayman R @ 2014-11-01 10:04 from Nrhw - click to readHi BlackBerry family. You must go to 1MobileMarket site itself. There you can download the app. After downloading the 1MobileMarket app, launch it and you are ready to go. Enjoy!

• 2014-11-03 05:46
  • Shvv

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-24 08:56 from ftVg - click to readGo to BBM, swipe down from top bezel, go to settings and first option you're gonna see is SHOW WHAT I'M LISTENING TO. turn it on and you're good to go

• 2014-11-02 17:53
  • PyxY

I tried to download 1mobilemarker app but could not find in APP WORLD

• 2014-11-01 10:04
  • Nrhw

> In reply to q5 user @ 2014-10-31 19:26 from rjKd - click to readYou are welcome. I agree with your thoughts. I enjoy the q5 performance. Have a good day!

• 2014-11-01 09:30
  • Shvv

> In reply to recca @ 2014-10-31 16:51 from Shvv - click to readThank you. This is a far better than crappy android. It's seamless and very usable

• 2014-10-31 19:26
  • rjKd

> In reply to q5 user @ 2014-10-30 20:54 from rjnV - click to readYou have to download first 1MobileMarket app. Then after downloading it you can browse for your non-Blackberry apps via Android platform

• 2014-10-31 16:51
  • Shvv
Total of 1120 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Q5.