BlackBerry Q5 - user opinions and reviews

6.9

Q5 how to open back cover

• 2013-08-07 21:11
  • Tr3y

> In reply to polca @ 2013-08-07 18:00 from 3sEp - click to readHi....it happened with me too. When i started using Q5 it automatically triggered Blackberry connection....but then i unsubscribed it by following unsubcription procedure.....so my service provider unsubscribed it. Now i am enjoying the normal internet package. However sometime it shows me blackberry icon but i am not charged for it.

• 2013-08-07 18:22

• 2013-08-07 18:12

BB Q5 Trivia:
To capture screenshot on Q5......press both volume up and volume down button together...and then content displayed on the screen will be captured as an image and stored in the library....

Actually it shall work with all BB 10 devices!!

• 2013-08-07 18:06
  • Hkqw

Hi I started using Q5 yesterday and my BIS is activated. But in 24hous or less my Q5 has used up to a R190 in airtime. The only apps I've used so far is BBM, whatsapp and facebook. Can any one please help me with more info to why it has taken all my call time????

• 2013-08-07 18:00
  • 3sEp

> In reply to usual @ 2013-08-04 15:28 from 3sEw - click to readHi,

1. For enterprise server - I think following article will help you to set up:
GSMArena BB Q5 review, page - 4 . It mentions how to use Enterprise Server.
2. For call management: it has a different menu, follow these steps - from Home screen - press "Call" icon, then when call log is displayed, swipe down your finger from top of screen, a menu will be displayed with "Setting" icon. Click that "Setting" icon and whole menu related to Call Management will be displayed...enjoy!!
3. Camera zoom: Go to camera.....image will be displayed....pinch-out....it will zoom-out....pinch-in ...then it will zoom-in. Easiest way to use camera zoom....can't have been made easier :-)
4. Equalizer - I miss it too :-( ....but use a good pair of earphones....it really sounds nice to me...yeah but it is my personal opinion.

Enjoy!!

• 2013-08-07 15:47
  • PNf6

> In reply to Rajesh Srivastava @ 2013-08-02 17:36 from vIYS - click to readAn extract from GSM Arena review - and I am sure it is definitely going to help you :-)

BlackBerry Balance for corporate users
BlackBerry Balance requires BlackBerry Enterprise Services to run, but once enabled it will split the apps on the phone into two - personal and work apps. Files created within work apps are AES256-encrypted and not accessible by personal apps.
Switching between work and personal apps is done by swiping down in the app drawer and picking one of the two modes. The separation between work and personal files however means that you might have to download apps twice if you want to use them both for work and play.
If you're using your own personal BlackBerry Q5 for work, the IT department can set up what apps will install automatically on the device and what email accounts will be added. They can remotely wipe the work data in Balance too (when you leave the company or lose your phone), but personal data remains intact.

• 2013-08-07 15:36
  • PNf6

> In reply to Deep @ 2013-07-30 20:01 from vGff - click to readBB Q5 has an app pre-installed called as "Remember". It seems to be replacement for Memo. Remember app is very powerful much like MS One Note.

• 2013-08-07 15:26

> In reply to Rajesh Srivastava @ 2013-08-02 17:36 from vIYS - click to readHi,

Just saw your comments. I am too a BB Q5 user, I believe if you configure the account using "Advanced Set up" option you shall be able to use enterprise server. There are two options - "Work Account" and "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync". I have configured and using the later option. It works perfectly fine for me. I am able to sync - emails, calendar, contacts, tasks, etc.
I hope that it works for you as well!! All the best!!

• 2013-08-07 15:20
  • PNf6

> In reply to Lochness @ 2013-08-07 07:06 from P%rM - click to readYou are definitely a android user..You should know you need to download apps. It is not in-built. And one more thing, nothing can beat blackberry. Even with a price point of Rs 8999, it provides those facilities, phones more than 40000 can't provide.

• 2013-08-07 13:49
  • vQ$J

New version of FB available http://appworld.blackberry.com...untrycode=IN

• 2013-08-07 12:03
  • vGBT

I am currently using the q5 and a couple of things i'd like to point out from a consumers perspective. To start with are the apps, all important apps are unavailable for this phone, Facebook is not updated (No chat, can't view pictures via messaging and cannot tag people via comments) WeChat not available and viber as well. Battery is very week for a handheld with a reputation for massive email messaging. lastly, it overheats. yes. It overheats.

• 2013-08-07 07:06
  • P%rM

simply superb and amazing mobile

• 2013-08-06 14:39
  • t}f9

doing as much research as possible on the Q5, got an incetive at work with the possibility of winning one! need all the help I need ;)

• 2013-08-06 12:13
  • 9x7a

> In reply to Rajesh Srivastava @ 2013-08-02 17:36 from vIYS - click to readMy IT guy say it can be used with activ sync- you may check this out.

• 2013-08-06 09:37
  • vWqF

I bought mine, blackberry Q5 white a week ago and it was so amazing!! as of now I don't encounter any problem except for the new gesture, I think. But all in all, battery, BB10, response and experience is awesome!!

• 2013-08-06 08:55
  • Trnf

I love this mobile, so easy to operate compare in the previous OS for blackberry model. This fone is very superfast, very smooth. Just like I'm browsing with my nexus 7 tab.... Much excited for the next update for OS 10.2 that will allow to install android apps. Yah right the next update is fully amazing with jelly bean runtime.. I can't wait for that update....

• 2013-08-06 08:16
  • Mfxj

Number one thing to note on all bb10 devices is that there is absolutely no comparison to the old devices. it is completely different and advanced software. as for the q5 its a good starter device but you are losing the htmi port and the ability to switch out batteries. The battery however, is actually better than that of the z10.

• 2013-08-06 04:39
  • 4A4@

> In reply to Q5 Looser @ 2013-08-05 17:07 from 61mJ - click to readI think you are not familier with bb10 os. just a swipe will bring u to the home screen. first get used to your phone before posting such reviews

• 2013-08-05 20:57
  • U27E

I think it's good phone, I like it but it's very hard to operate this phone especially when we want to switch between one application to other or exit or back to home screen. No back button it's worst... it's very stressful and finally I decide to restart the phone when I want back to home screen. Can you imagine? any body ca help me? my conclusion it's not smart phone, you meed to be very smart, patient beside that it's useless phone. I hope there are any better update that provide home screen button.

• 2013-08-05 17:07
  • 61mJ
Total of 962 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Q5.