BlackBerry Q5 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.8
6.9
6.9

> In reply to sweet @ 2013-10-07 12:13 from 6%u7 - click to readQ5 is very user friendly in terms of downloading directly from browser. U can just go to the website u want, and press (long press, not just click) the contents u want , then ucan see the menu bar appears from the right, press "..." at the bottom, u can see save the link. option, press it, then u can start downloading. For copy and paste, u can use highlight the content u want by moving the cursor, then select the... from the menu bar, then can see copy and paste options.

• 2013-10-17 03:35
  • uqxw

> In reply to sido1 @ 2013-10-10 13:16 from PB%c - click to readQ5 much batter than Q10 for battery.....

• 2013-10-16 21:56
  • rJNx

> In reply to RooneyM @ 2013-10-11 06:05 from 614Z - click to readyes, you can do this in settings> Notifications

• 2013-10-14 12:09
  • 3IuM

> In reply to Jeet @ 2013-10-12 06:55 from 2SFh - click to readbro why don't you reset your phone's setting by factory reset.this same thing happend to me earlier nd I reset my phone nd it works fine...

prem...

• 2013-10-13 05:28
  • 9D2s

The worst phone I have ever owned! Puts itself off when battery goes to HALF, gets REALLY hot after 3-5 minutes of Internet browsing. Keeps insisting I update the freakin software, which costs me a fortune to do each time. I hate this phone, how is has less of the functionalities of the BlackBerry Bold I had last. It is literally the most expensive phone I've ever owned and not at all worth the money. I hate BlackBerry for selling me this piece of shit and expecting me to pay an arm and a leg for it!

• 2013-10-12 23:28
  • f3Kw

I dnt think so it's a good deal, to buy Q5 with less configuration in a huge price.....

• 2013-10-12 21:01
  • 7tSV

> In reply to Lucian @ 2013-10-11 10:36 from Mywr - click to readYes you can put the sim card and memory card in the phone with out removing the back lid,.
these ports are available on side.

• 2013-10-12 15:16
  • 6QnK

I was using a BB OS5 handset for a long time. Recently, I bought a BB Q5 - the handset looks good, with good features and very user friendly. But, off late, I have realised that sometimes my mails are not delivered in my inboxes. When i go to the Settings*Accounts, under the header for the mailbox, it shows "Not Connected" and when i click that particular tab, it goes into Edit Account and says "Your device is not connected to a network. Connect to a network and try again". But this I found to strange because my network strength shows all the bars. Sometimes, I have to type my passwords in "Update Password" which solves the problem, or at times, after doing that it shows "Your account Gmail drjeetp@gmail.com cannot be authenticated with your service provider. Please make sure that the account settings are correct". After that, my only solution is to delete the account and create it once again, which solves the problem.

Would be grateful if somebody can give me a solution to this. You can mail the details in my mail drjeetp@gmail.com

Thanks,

Jeet

• 2013-10-12 06:55
  • 2SFh

> In reply to sido1 @ 2013-10-10 18:48 from PB%c - click to readI think that's because the back lid cannot be opened so that's why they are saying nonremovable Li-Ion batery.
The sim card and the memory card are inserted from outside.

• 2013-10-11 10:36
  • Mywr

I'm interested in Blackberry Q5. I have a question, is there any option to turn off the LED Indicator? Thanks

• 2013-10-11 06:05
  • 614Z

The Blackberry Q5 is my first BlackBerry device and I was very surprised that BlackBerry 10 is smooth on the medium end Q5. I think the processor isn't as impressive as the quad core variants but the dual core performs very well with the BlackBerry 10 OS. I think generally people that get BlackBerry are curious and have watched the youtube videos and like what they are seeing.

The people that have never used a BlackBerry device would shift towards a BlackBerry if their android device wasn't satisfying. Like me, I had a dual core P-02D but it was very slow even after the android 4.0 update.

I think this device is very suited for users still stuck with physical keyboards. If you don't want to change, get a BlackBerry and you can be modernized without having to use a keyboard.

• 2013-10-11 01:13
  • 86wD

is the battery not available? because it was stated that ''Non-removable Li-Ion ''

• 2013-10-10 18:48
  • PB%c

please can anyone advise which one is better between q5 and q10 in terms of battery life span?

• 2013-10-10 13:16
  • PB%c

> In reply to Renu @ 2013-10-01 11:41 from G1dD - click to readMy friend, that's true...my Q5 never showed Indian map...almost. then I started hunting for the reason that the maps for India is not working. Some where on the internet, I came across a comment from one of the users who mentioned that - India maps as are not properly created by Blackberry partners, so in handset like Z10, Blackberry has provided MapMyIndia maps. But in Q5, we don't have MapMyIndia.
You know sometimes, I think that what for I have paid - 24k - No Maps, No NFC, No LTE....what for they charged so much!!

• 2013-10-10 09:06
  • PNf6

listen every person those are not using bb10/Q5 please dont comment about BB.i m using q5 last 2 month , my handset is fantastatic n battrey back up good as compaire other smartphone like android

• 2013-10-10 07:11

• NwgT

Want to get the Z10 phone,need to know if it's ideal for me.thanks

• 2013-10-08 11:48
  • iGRF

> In reply to Drr @ 2013-09-30 03:33 from NxtZ - click to readI have read ur conment about q5 , so far d problem cant copy n paste ? I use to find lyric of song then save it at memopad2...so q5 cant ?

• 2013-10-07 12:13
  • 6%u7
Total of 1152 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Q5.