BlackBerry Storm 9530 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.5
6.2
6.2

well ive just had the call and mine will be here tomorrow, some how they gave it to me on a free upgrade on my £15 per month contract i have got to pay the £5 unlimited data download as well but still, at that price its going to have to be really bad for me to regret getting itfor free!!

• 2008-11-18 20:50
  • mqT9

this phone doesn't have Wifi :(

• 2008-11-18 17:23
  • M7dq

Think you'll find that the BB9000 has had all of it's software issues sorted across ALL networks in the UK, buy one< they're awesome...

• 2008-11-18 10:38
  • M3s@

what do you need wi-fi for, when you have bb service?
it's an amazing phone, the perfect contender for the I-phone

• 2008-11-18 04:11
  • Lxnk

how can this be better then my iphone 3g? with no wi-fi? get real kids this is crap

• 2008-11-18 01:48
  • jBHD

Great phone...but no wifi..so no way i'm getting it..

• 2008-11-17 22:23
  • j3HG
  • F

the storm rocks!!! best phone out there by far...iphone is very poor, if you want a music player just buy an ipod, if you want a phone that has everything then get the storm - it's slim, looks good, got everything you would ever need

• 2008-11-17 19:20
  • Mx@E
  • F

Hi im wondering the storm 9530 can use in the thailand I live in thailand. IN THailand they use the sim card Im wonder I can have it or not? Pless let me know soon. It could be my christmas gift. If you let me know befor chritmas. thank!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2008-11-17 14:04

• 2008-11-17 14:02
  • PZIE

is it avalible in the thailand iam thing I need it one!

• 2008-11-17 13:22
  • PZIE

> In reply to Ron @ 2008-11-13 21:25 from NGYK - click to readare you sure the blackberry doesnt have wifi?, that´s suck... :(

• 2008-11-17 12:45
  • PaKS

Nice business phone but why the *bleep* no WIFI????

• 2008-11-17 06:16
  • fuVV

No WLAN?. Great mistake!!!!

• 2008-11-17 01:29
  • PuFF

If you have a Mac, get an iPhone.

• 2008-11-16 23:35
  • mxQ0

Its sooo kool Im getting one!

• 2008-11-16 22:13
  • kgyI

> In reply to Kev @ 2008-11-12 19:56 from pKb6 - click to readI hate typing on touch screens as much as the next guy, but the Storm is built differently. The screen is built on a clicking mechanism, and its supposed to be an amazing piece of technology. You need to actually PRESS something to confirm it, touching it just won't do. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works before taking the plunge to buy one, but I'm guessing it's going to be great, BB always puts forth a good effort with their phones and they never disappoint.

• 2008-11-16 17:51
  • 43kD

> In reply to jd @ 2008-11-15 21:27 from MyW$ - click to readNo, it wont sync with a Mac...even with pocket mac.

Get the iphone, its a nobrainer

The storm is the worst phone i have ever had, very very slow, always in portrait when you want landscape and visa versa...its absolute rubbish.

• 2008-11-16 12:52
  • n$gY

I have an apple mac and am thinking about getting either the Storm or the Iphone - which should i get and does the Storm sync contacts and calendar as well as apple's mobile me?

• 2008-11-15 21:27
  • MyW$

I got this phone yesterday and I have to say its one of the WORST phones i have ever had !!!

I've had an iphone and a blackberry pearl and this is the worst by miles. I had an unlocked iphone and it kept freezing but my wife has the new iphone 3G and is is superb. I cannot use the iphone though as I use the Bloomberg Professional application and it is only avaliable at the moment on blackberry.

I have been using a pearl for the last 6 months ut wanted a phone with a better screen and media capabilities so I thought i'd try the Storm.

It is terribble !!! firstly it is very very slow...once you press the screen theirs a 2 or 3 second delay before anything happens.

the touch screen is ok, nothing more, its a bit tacky the way you have to push the whole screen down when you use it and typing is very slow, it take a bit of effort to push it too when typing a long text or email.

I have friend who's have the bold and hate that too as calls constantly drop out.

I got the Storm yesterday and its going back on monday.....useless, dont wate your time or money, if you want a touch screen phone for emails and media the the iphone is the only one to get.

Its back to the Pearl for me until the application I use for work (bloomberg) is avaliable on the iphone 3G.

• 2008-11-15 19:52
  • n$gY

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2008-11-15 06:23 from PA8x - click to readI have the Blackberry Bold and have today received the Storm, yet I see there is another storm 9530. Can someone explain.
I was disappointed with the Bold, great screen, could not hold a signal, calls failed constantly.
Can you give me more info re software. please
Thanks

• 2008-11-15 14:29
  • 0Fjn
Total of 1832 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Storm 9530.