BlackBerry Torch 9810 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

Check Price

Popularity

Daily interest
1.5%
Total hits:
4654225

Voting results

Design
7.5
Features
7.4
Performance
7.4
Votes:
68

Sort by:

> In reply to welie @ 2011-12-14 17:27 from NpTL - click to readUnfortunately, yes. Smartphone battery life sucks in general. The Torch's is about in the middle compared with other smartphones. Here's some things that may help. Turn off Bluetooth and Wifi when not in use, set your backlight Timeout to 10 seconds, set Backlight Brightness to 20 or 30, and lastly, make sure you actually shut down things you aren't using by using the "close" option from the main menu (BB Symbol) or they will be open without you knowing. I had that problem. Also, you might try downloading a Battery Boosting App from BB App World. it may or may not help. I've heard mixed reviews on them. I've got one myself but I've noticed a slight improvement. Hope this helps. Maybe someone else here might point out something I've missed. Every smartphone owner wants better battery life.

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-14 23:41
  • qWPF
  • R

i have my 9810 one month now and i need to recharge the battery atleast once a day. is this normal? sometimes even twice a day. even when i leave my phone unattended the battery still runs down. any reasons?

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-14 17:27
  • NpTL
  • U

> In reply to mr a @ 2011-12-13 09:19 from veTL - click to readYes, but even if it did't, you could download it from BB App World. The only issue is certain carriers try and block BB Maps to get you to use their paid map service.

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-13 16:44
  • kB61
  • R

> In reply to PieDesigns @ 2011-12-12 17:28 from fsBH - click to readI went from the 9800 to 9810. You will definitely notice a difference in performance, especially on the web. But I wanted to let you know that a lot of your OS 6 Apps, games, themes, etc, won't work on OS 7. I found out the hard way. Keep that in mind if you are thinking of switching to the 9810.

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-13 16:36
  • kB61
  • R

does this phone have blackberry maps ?

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-13 09:19
  • veTL
  • Q

Have the Torch 9800 a year now, and love it!!...with the latest OS6 upgrades performance is superb. The applications available for BB are to put it it simply quite superb. My Torch is setup like one cannot believe, in fact the only thing my BB can't do is make coffee :)
Yes I have compared BB to iPhone. Both have their pro's and cons. That said however, BB wins over iPhone hands down in my opinion. As a businessman, NO smartphone on the market can come close to BlackBerry as far as running costs are concerned. I have more than halved my monthly cellular costs since getting my BB, in fact to be precise I have chopped off almost two thirds of my costs and can literally run my business off my BB.
Absolutely, cannot wait to upgrade to the 9810!!!

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-12 17:28
  • fsBH
  • U

> In reply to dog @ 2011-12-12 07:38 from PUak - click to readGlad to hear that worked. Hoped it would as it did for me.

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-12 13:58
  • kB61
  • R

> In reply to Thullraven @ 2011-12-11 02:26 from qWPF - click to readWhat I did is shutdown the phone, did a battery pull, put it back and all back to normal

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-12 07:38
  • PUak
  • R

> In reply to XXX @ 2011-12-11 13:19 from 4fLD - click to readYeah, I know your telling the truth from my own experiences. I was just trying to be nice to Sean :)

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-12 00:36
  • qWPF
  • R

> In reply to anshu @ 2011-12-11 08:17 from bCd@ - click to readCan't knock the features of The Galaxy S 2. It's a great device. However, it looks just like all the other slab devices out there. Regardless of which make they are, most of them look the same. Pretty boring to me. At least The Torch looks different. Also, I text and surf the web and having an actual qwerty keypad is SO much better for both of those functions. Oh, I also got my 9810 cheap. Chances are you spent a good deal of money for your S 2. Anyway, with all the great features on the S 2, it still doesn't have a physical qwerty, which I like. Personal choice.

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-11 22:40
  • qWPF
  • R

> In reply to sean @ 2011-12-09 05:59 from 8yRY - click to readStrange because I have a Droid and an iPhone running 1GHz and my 9810 out performs them...

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-11 13:19
  • 4fLD
  • R

blackberry torch 9810, paying 30k and buying something like this. i would rather prefer galexy s2 in 10 times better

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-11 08:17
  • bCd@
  • U

> In reply to dog @ 2011-12-10 17:44 from uCjJ - click to readI've had something like that happen before. Disconnect from PC, do an update on the phone, thru the phone, NOT the PC. Reboot phone (Battery Pull) after update is done, if it doesn't occur automatically, than try again. Hopefully BB Desktop will detect the phone, If not, use the search for new device feature. Good luck, hope that helps.

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-11 02:26
  • qWPF
  • R

> In reply to sean @ 2011-12-09 05:59 from 8yRY - click to readI think it depends on what you want in a phone. There are quite a few Android phones that I like and I like the new iPhone, and my 9810 can go punch for punch with any of them when it comes to media and web browsing. It's a fact that the Blackberry OS is more secure than Android. There is a reason businesses and Government agencies prefer BB over other systems. Check it out yourself if you don't believe me. IOS is more secure than Android, but you are limited to iTunes for getting media and you can't use it on any other non-Apple device, even if you paid for it. I've seen my Torch get a signal where the iPhones and Androids with me couldn't and yes, we were on the same carrier. The only other maker with a stronger antenna in my experience than Blackberry is Motorola, which is renowned for signal strength and call quality. True, there is no front facing camera, so if you want Skype you are SOL. That said, BB and only BB has BB Messenger, which allows chat room functions in real time. I'm not saying that BB is the greatest phone ever invented, but I am saying that it isn't "junk" like you say it is. You probably haven't used one in years if ever. The models with OS 6 and OS 7 are just as good as other smartphones. The one area I wish they were better is in Apps. If you want a phone for apps, go elsewhere. Like I said, depends on what you want in your phone.

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-11 02:14
  • qWPF
  • R

guys, I just got my bb 9810 and i manage to install apps from bb App World (PC). But today when i want to install other apps app world won't sync with BB and shows that my bb is not connected when it is connected.

any solution for this?

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-10 17:44
  • uCjJ
  • Q

All Blackberry phones are ridiculously overpriced, outdated spec-wise and are out-performed by many cheaper smartphones. They're just plain stupid and a waste of money.

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-09 05:59
  • 8yRY
  • U

> In reply to nikhil @ 2011-12-07 14:57 from bJg} - click to readIf you mean Skype or anything like it, no. The 9810 doesn't have a front facing camera.

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-08 22:54
  • qWPF
  • R

> In reply to supervai @ 2011-12-07 10:25 from PUak - click to readYour wifi should work with or without network on. The only exception I know of is BB App World access, which is disabled if your network is off. Once, when I had a non-registered SIM Card in my old Torch I was using wifi without network and could surf the web just fine but couldn't access App World until I put in my functioning SIM and turned my network on.

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-08 22:52
  • qWPF
  • R

> In reply to Donhils @ 2011-12-06 14:29 from ftKH - click to readI have the 9800 and it has been the most impressive phone ever. The user interface is smooth, fantastic programs and features, a truly complete phone. The build quality of the slider is sturdy and strong, the screen is very good quality and visible in bright light, everything is good with very few bad points (the surrounding paint of the 9800 scratches easily, 3G sucks the battery fast) other than that, I cant think of anything I dislike about the phone.

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-08 10:57
  • 9DB6
  • R

> In reply to supervai @ 2011-12-07 10:25 from PUak - click to readWifi to internet will cover emails, bbm and internet, not sms or telephone. Works perfectly and lot quicker than so called 3G.

  • Reply
  • 2011-12-08 07:24
  • sS{f
  • R
Sort by:
Total of 1297 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Torch 9810.