BlackBerry Torch 9860 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

6.9
6.7
7.0

> In reply to luffy @ 2013-09-26 12:55 from Qxpq - click to readThats probably because the signal of 2G is much stronger than 3G signal in your area.

Go to options > Networks > Mobile network > Network Mode > change it to 3G (only).

Usually i keep it on 2G to save battery & switch to 3G when needed.

• 2013-10-06 20:05
  • S9e9

superab cell

• 2013-10-02 06:47
  • SkFQ

actually it has a normal sim card not mini-sim card, i have one in my hands and i can tell you that's wrong

• 2013-09-29 01:24
  • Lhuh
  • F

> In reply to Padman @ 2013-08-21 15:01 from utc0 - click to readYou will need to Reload the OS on the phone to get it back up. Most likely the OS update was incomplete or has some bugs.

• 2013-09-26 16:02
  • fuNh

I used bb curve 9320 before and Change to bb torch 9860..this phone performance quit impressive and running good..but it cannot get 3g line at my home..my ex-bb 9320 doesn't have this problem..even in my room it can run 3g smoothly..now I had to climb and sit on the water tank on top of my home roof to get the signal...but only one slack,doesn't mean it useless..

• 2013-09-26 12:55
  • Qxpq

I have used this phone for about a year and a Half now. I have not experienced any charging port problem as reported by some. The phone is an excellent choice among the blackberrys that existed before the Z10, Q10 and Q5.
If you don't wanna use OS 10 yet, you'll find this phone a good choice.
Typing on the 3.7" screen is such a joy. And the 5megapixel camera delivers some impressive performance.

• 2013-09-25 14:43
  • 4fLD

> In reply to PC @ 2013-08-25 15:56 from ftKc - click to readI have the same problem, including dat of da charging port.

• 2013-09-22 05:06
  • 3sE3

> In reply to NAGA @ 2013-08-02 05:16 from 3sE3 - click to readI took time to read a lot comments about this phone but amazingly I did not read any mentioned of its main problem and that is charging port problem. Right now I use a desktop chareger , having fixed it for several times.I think black berry and its partners failed in the production of the phone.

• 2013-09-18 11:02
  • 3sE3

Love the phone!

• 2013-09-09 00:46

Hi
I have problem with my BB Torch 9860,i don't know why i can't read text from my friend on apps "We Chat", i try to open to read inbox but it doesn't work open to read and see it on the screen,can you help me or guide me how to make it this problem clear???

Thanks,

• 2013-09-06 09:44
  • tA$M

the most useless fon i have ever come across in this world,,,how can a new fon be freezing every seconds,not to talk abt how it get heated wen charging it,i dont knw how z10 will be,i better go back to my nokia e7 like that,,,,,,mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew waste of money

• 2013-09-05 18:07
  • fnTp

Pls , I synchronized my phone BB Torch 3 with my system since then am not able to save picture or anything on my media.Even when I save can't view it . And can't retrieve for Displays What do I do pls . tanks

• 2013-08-25 15:56
  • ftKc

Ok so I see everyone boo hooing over this phone but its like everyone is too stupid to know how to actually use the phone. You need to do a complete wipe of the entire phone before loading up a new operating system duh!! And never use the device memory unless you absolutly have too cause os 7.1 is a resource hog and loves to eat memory. I actually know how to properly use a blackberry and it works just as good as androids and fisher price phones. You just gotta make sure to use the phone properly or it will get buggy and fuck up. 9860 is a great phone though, great screen, lots of apps, great for people who want a pretty phone but don't care if they have all the latest apps. I am not a 12 year old girl so candy crush and angry birds I could care less if that crap is on my phoneor not cause I actually have a life to live.

• 2013-08-24 01:23
  • 4fLD

I got this mobile 4 months ago. I did an Blackberry OS update ( Software Version: 7.1 bundle 1149 )on 16th of this month. From that day I am not able to use my phone it just keep freezing. Even the power button does not work. I keep removing the battery and put it back in but no use. I managed twice to get in safe mode and swipe clean all files. still no go.

Now I am not able to use my phone completely. Not even in safe mode.

• 2013-08-21 15:01
  • utc0

Worst phone i ever used. Hanging, poor battery life, now it does not boot again..no service ..BB is a shit

• 2013-08-18 09:13
  • t}Yb

> In reply to santosh @ 2013-06-06 13:20 from ijM} - click to readi suggest you, for bought my handphone now.

• 2013-08-18 01:34
  • 615m

you have to restart your bb phone couple of times a week....this closes all running apps and increases the battery life.....only way

• 2013-08-17 21:32
  • t1$F

I'm expressing my displeasure with the torch 9860. Twice i have change the screen of the phone, the phone is boring and annoying. I'm done with blackberry phones. wright now i cant type with screen.

• 2013-08-16 16:46
  • ftKc

disturbed due to not finding proper service

• 2013-08-16 05:03
  • TR9Z

Just sharing my experience with MONZA 9860.

I'm from jakarta (Indonesia)

I held this phone almost a year..
for the first 2 month i bought this phone, It's really annoying..

- Battery quickly draining in 3G (2G, 3 time charging in 1 day)
- Restart almost...even without cause I knew..??
- Application lag(dunno why,perhaps memory leak..?!?!)
- lag response when typing, cause perhaps running apps background.
- Slow response on Browser
- Slow response write & reading ext MC.

When I've got a time 4 my self to really check deep inside to my MONZA, research forum, from BB service outlet's..
I've found most of big problem about this phone.
There a lot of bug with the OS 7 in this phone
after changing a couple OS, testing application..
Finally I've found the resolve all of my problems.
Right now I'm using
OS 7.1.0 built 2283 7.1.0.825 Vodafone (Hybrid).
It's very light when I using apps & multitask.
Battery power 1 day charging (normally using)
All day Running application: Twitter, whatsup, YM, wechat)normally using phone call, texting, sometime browsing
Battery upgrade JM-1 2800mh original
It's all smoothly running well no heat no lag no restart, no problem.

Last I knew, the OS update from this phone
reach 7.1.0 build 2508/7.1.0.912 from Telstra.

Kind want to sell this phone, but after that it's really a good partner till now..
I'm very satisfied..

Note : I already try most of OS 7.0 & 7.1 for 9860

Sorry, for my poor English writing

All the best,
JOE

• 2013-08-15 07:59
  • tA$7
Total of 1073 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Torch 9860.