BlackBerry Z30 - user opinions and reviews

BlackBerry

7.7
7.5
7.6

one more thing you use some time after that its getting to much hot front back both side when i am taking to my friends i am fearing & i am saying okay i call you back & then i am waiting to cool down.

• 2014-08-19 19:09
  • fmWA

dear i buy newly z30 but battery life is 2 bad i am using only whatsup & skype then also before afternoon its finished other thing is okay one more thing blackberry world need to add more app like google play store like i need torrent app that one not there voip app etc.

• 2014-08-19 19:04
  • fmWA

> In reply to TonyObas @ 2014-08-16 04:41 from ftV7 - click to readBuy z30, is the best 4 u

• 2014-08-18 20:41
  • 3sEw

As a self-employed IT contractor (NOT involved in the phone industry), my primary concerns are business-related. I have four e-mail accounts (person, my company, and 2 corporate clients with Blackberry Servers) to connect to, so I need that common calendar and the ability to access e-mail from all sources.

When my Torch began to fail, I decided to switch to a Samsung Galaxy S4. Compared to the Torch, it had several things to recommend it. The biggest ones were the larger size and great screen resolution, which made surfing a lot easier; and the more intuitive texting interface (I'm not a QWERTY keyboard person even though my Torch had it) that made texting much faster.

However, I had a couple of major problems with the S4. The first was the lack of battery life - or should I say: excessive demands on the battery? I was used to charging the Torch every 2-3 days; with the S4, I was charging it every night, or even twice a day. This caused me some stress since I rely on my phone to keep me in touch with my clients.

Also on the business side: I ended up using the Good app to receive one client's e-mails. While Good does provide notifications of appointments, etc. to the main phone OS, lack of a combined schedule view meant I was at risk of double-booking myself if I wasn't careful.

After a couple of months of S4 use, things took an unexpected turn and I was forced to switch phones again - and this time I picked a Z30.

In the Z30, I found that I had the core features I liked about the S4. For instance, the Z30 screen is about the same size as the S4 - much bigger than my Torch, where the small screen made surfing difficult. While the Z30 is running a dual core rather than quad core as the S4 is, I find that the screen resolution and quality on the Z30 are excellent, which I understand is probably because the OS is optimized for use with the hardware. In addition, the texting interface on the Z30 has also improved vs. the Torch, and now has most of the features I liked about the S4's keyboard (the biggest one being the availability of numbers for password fields, without having to constantly toggle back and forth between numbers and letters).

In addition to the above, the Z30's battery life seems to be a lot better than the S4. Although I haven't had it long, it looks as though I may be able to get 1.5 to 2 days before re-charging. In addition, the internet browser is smoking fast (I wish my computer browser had that response time!), and as usual, the business organization functionality is impeccable via the Blackberry Hub. My secure corporate client tells me they will be able to provide me with an e-mail/calendar push to the work side of the Z30, so I expect that shortly I will see a combined view of my calendars via the Blackberry Balance.

The only thing I miss on the Z30 is the lack of the auto on/off feature that my Torch had. Using that, I could schedule my Torch to turn itself off at night automatically, and then turn itself back on again the next morning, which stretched the battery to 2-3 days. On top of that, it was integrated with the alarm clock - if the alarm was scheduled for earlier than the auto on function, the Torch would turn on at the alarm time instead. I relied on that functionality extensively for travelling, so it's a great disappointment not to have it in the Z30.

Bottom line for me, though: with the Z30, Blackberry has improved on its already-strong business functionality, and added the best features of the S4 as well. I had some doubts about the S4; with the Z30, I don't.

• 2014-08-17 12:12
  • 4Avi

> In reply to sapan @ 2014-08-13 21:34 from QP}Z - click to readThis is best phone and peace of mind. I had switch from Nokia to Blackberry curve and from curve to Z30. I do most of work on LAptop. But when Laptop is remote, it can be done in new Z30. super fast, battery life for 2 days, voice quality is too good with noise cancellation and clarity of the screen is awesome.

• 2014-08-17 11:18
  • t}en

This is the best phone I have had since my first Nokia in 1996.

I use the phone for work (investment banker) and use it quite a lot, both for emails, browsing, music player (Spotify), reviewing documents and talk. Most days I can go full day (from 6.30am to 11.30pm) with no charging, in fact it still has 30-40pct battery left when I go to bed at night. I have had iPhones before and was used to always be on the look for places to charge my phone, so this alone is a real quality for me. Compared to other BB I have had (Curve, Q10), this is also quite a lot better - you feel like that you have entered the modern world and it just works well.
Also, it works well with Mobile 1 (Android apps), it has a great size for working, previously I had an iPhone and an iPad mini for business travelling, now the Z30 covers this.
I have now had it for some 8 months, and beside still working perfect it also looks like new. No scratches in the screen etc. I am not the type that use covers or remember to put keys in the other pocket than the phone and I also drop it sometimes - no issues so far.

I can highly recommend this phone.

• 2014-08-16 07:10
  • pRD@

I'm undecided between BB Z30 and Galaxy S4. pls, which one has the best value for money and ease of use. I'm a heavy browser and live in poor reception area. pls, I need ur advice to decide which one to buy urgently.

• 2014-08-16 04:41
  • ftV7

I am using Original blackberry charger. As i told that the set body become hot both side. Presently i am not using due above problem. Beside the set also not charging.
Please advise me the solution.

Thanks

• 2014-08-15 21:58
  • P@PB

Most of my buddies have the iphone, very few androids out there and then the rest have the old bb 7's. I got the z10 when it first came out and on December 1st 2013 I stepped up to the z30 and did the hand-me-down to the wife.

z30 is where its at. cpu/gpu horsepower and batter life! I use about 15 apps all from the BB appstore. Mostly banking, a sip app etc. etc. I did side load snap to get a trading app. Thing works amazing. I have activesync turned on for my work and my other personal. Again, thing works great. I use a few of the BB preloaded apps and the browser is fast!

Can't understand why anyone would consider another platform unless they can't afford the z30. Oh yeah, the flick typing. OMG! Flick typing on this is above and beyond anything else on the market in apple or droid land.

• 2014-08-14 19:39
  • QY3P

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-13 16:12 from a3tH - click to readIf you are talking about application opening and performance in general, I would say Z30 is faster, owing to slightly faster processor and better GPU.

However, what exactly do you mean by speed?

• 2014-08-14 14:59
  • w49Y

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-13 13:06 from UNWj - click to readTry to do a hard reset, Or Factory Reset.

• 2014-08-14 08:00
  • t7Tn

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-13 07:49 from t7Tn - click to readThank you for the information. I will check it out.

• 2014-08-14 04:10
  • v0qT

Hi, Right now I am using Iphone 5s but i am thinking to switch over to BB Z30... Please advice about Z30 and also let me know feedback if anyone using the same Z30 ...

• 2014-08-13 21:34
  • QP}Z

• 2014-08-13 21:31
  • QP}Z

BlackBerryZ30 wins Gold at the 2014 Best in Biz Awards

• 2014-08-13 16:38
  • ftb}

> In reply to Remesh @ 2014-08-12 08:10 from w49Y - click to readthanx and speed of phones?

• 2014-08-13 16:12
  • a3tH

I am using my Z30 since last 6 months, many times my contacts freezes and the contacts screen becomes white - I need to restart my phone to unfreeze - can somebody advise me how to get rid from this issue.

• 2014-08-13 13:06
  • UNWj

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-11 06:19 from tCQI - click to readI got mine at SM San Lazaro a Store Besides Hello, Its 20 k plus.

• 2014-08-13 08:16
  • t7Tn

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-11 06:19 from tCQI - click to readYou can have it at SM San Lazaro for 20 Thousand Plus. Besides Hello Stores.

• 2014-08-13 07:49
  • t7Tn

I have had an iPhone 4 for about a year. My office gave me a Z30, and I have to admit it is a better phone. The Z30's larger screen is very nice, it has a better camera, the reception and range are better - and the Blackberry Hub is terrific.
The only real negative, and it is a major one, is that the selection of apps is simply not the same. If you just need a few key apps you are fine - but check to make sure the apps you need are available before making a purchase decision.

• 2014-08-12 23:34
  • xy4t
Total of 1219 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Z30.