BlackBerry Z30 - user opinions and reviews

4197085

7.8
7.5
7.7

Please can some1 tell me if they know if BlackBerry Z30 is discontinued in South Africa?????

• 2015-03-18 18:55
  • fjSJ

Hi All,

Dear BB users i am posting my comments in regards to let you guys know that on Saturday.14.2015, when i connected my BB Z-30 with my laptop via BlackBerry Link software so there was a notification to update my phone software and that update size was 109 MB, Kindly keep one thing in your mind i already updated my phone on 10.3 software when it was released Feb.19.2015 & when i did this update on last Saturday after rebooting the phone automatically it was giving me another application which is called "BlackBerry Meetings". I know only this application not has the size of 109 MB there were other things also about the phone updates but i cannot see any major changes after updating my Z-30 of this 109 MB size of the update.

My other friend has BB Z-10 but he didn't get any update yet, after heard this thing from him i realize that or as per my understanding that 109 MB update was only for BB Z-30.

If any of you get this small update kindly let us know no matters if you have Z-30 or any other model.

Thanks & Regards

• 2015-03-16 15:47

> In reply to Aijazuddin @ 2015-03-13 15:59 from uvTH - click to readHi All,

Dear BB users, if you guys have updated your phone software on 10.3 and if you are facing the problems so what i did after upgrading my BB Z-30 on 10.3, I've upgraded all of my phone apps from BB World and the main thing i did after that i had reset my phone, i took like 15 minutes to do that and once you are done with reset you have to do or make some changes accordingly or as per your need and every thing is running for me like no other.

As far as the other source apps are concerned specially android apps so after doing all the steps mentioned above the best application you can download and install form your computer is SNAP v3.0, this is the best application i suggest to all BB users which will allow you to download almost all the android apps but for installing the SNAP 3.0 on your phone you need to Google it that "How to install the SNAP on your BB Z30,10,3" depending on the model, because you can not download it directly from your phone.

i hope that will help all of you.

Thanks & Regards,

• 2015-03-13 17:59
  • uQ{b

Apps which are downloaded from other sources not working on mobile network but workings fine on WiFi. Such as cricbuz line etc. Plz anyone help me out.

• 2015-03-13 15:59
  • uvTH

Yes. When I download the new upgrade then my rotation lock and other things are broken. New update is very bad. Don't download!!!

• 2015-03-13 02:06
  • PEi5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-03-10 02:30 from 7spZ - click to readHi Dear,

After upgrading the phone software you need to go on BB World and check for the application update like apps in your phone you will find the BBM update on that too so just upgrade and your problem will be resolved.

Thanks & Regards,

• 2015-03-12 22:04
  • uQ{b

guys and gals..dont download the new software update for this unit. from the time I downloaded now I dont have sound and have missed many many important calls. When I called support I was indormed that this was a known issue but why didnt BlackBerry not advise it's customers?? I have already spent more than 4hrs trying to fix. I think im done with BlackBerry very sad..

• 2015-03-12 03:22
  • Yd61

> In reply to Fz30 @ 2015-02-20 13:56 from 3J5W - click to readI have the same problem with the Z30 keyboard since downloading 3.1. It makes bbm impossible to use. Hopefully someone has a solution. Sadly BlackBerry doesn't provide free telephone support.

• 2015-03-10 02:30
  • 7spZ

Hi guyz where cn I find these phone I've been look'ng 4 it around voda shop in middelburg any help?

• 2015-03-09 19:44
  • 3sEj

It should be the device itself, take it back to the service center for repair. However, u must have a receipt of purchase for verification.

• 2015-03-06 07:06
  • CAA7

hello friends, my blackberry Z30 restart automatically, has anyone of you facing the same problems.i purchased this set hardly two weeks back and it runs the latest software 10.3.1 ., is this a hardware issue or some problem with a new software.

• 2015-03-05 21:55
  • nC7J

> In reply to fadz @ 2015-03-04 23:43 from tufY - click to readhi all
As per my experience why battery drains ?
BB has its own platform so if you use android aaps and complain battery drains its normal.
No Android phone last for a day so use BB for its features or change your phone go switch to android phone if you are fond of android apps.

Secondly see your settings there must be any option which would sync your phone all the time when you are on with your mobile internet.

coz BB is known for its battery life :)

Hope it will help you.

I am switching to BB from windows as i want to use this platform as its been awesome after new update.

• 2015-03-05 18:38
  • BLe4

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-03-05 12:33 from N9@T - click to readI don't about yours but my Z30 can run 2 days without a single charge under medium usage. I feel the unit start getting warm (definitely not HOT) when I play Real Racing 3 with those very impressive graphics.

• 2015-03-05 17:28
  • R4U1

> In reply to fadz @ 2015-03-04 23:43 from tufY - click to readYes my blackberry z30 still has that same problem of phone getting hot and battery getting low without using it

• 2015-03-05 12:33
  • N9@T

hi people
i have a question
what about the battery life in 10.3.1 and if you compare with 10.2 or 10.2.1 it got better or not or no changes?
is this true that Android apps can damage BB devices?
all of them or non or heavy apps?
thanks in advance

• 2015-03-05 09:14
  • 8kT{

Hello.... I'm BlackBerry z30 user like 4 month now...
I have a little problem with my z30 after 10.3 update...
-3days after 10.3 update my phone run without any problems at all
-after that My BlackBerry become hotter n battery drain faster like 100%-70% in 1 hour without using the phone at all
-when I charge my phone it's hard to make it charging... It's not/stop charging like my battery is fully charged... (with this sign = left of the battery icon.
I want to know if someone has the same problem as me..
N how to fix the problem

• 2015-03-04 23:43
  • tufY

If I send a text message, it doesn't show a delivery report. I checked the message setting, whether I will change d setting to enable me receiv delivery report if any text message I sent,but didn't see it. Please help me out.

• 2015-03-04 13:08
  • fuNc

Updated my Z30 to 10.3 and here are my observations and opinions.

-Overall, the phone seems to run a bit faster when opening applications. The Android applications open much faster.
-Deleting Blackberry Hub notification items and phone calls/SMS' is much easier.
-Huge improvement in the Camera software. Before the sync between the flash and the camera taking the photo wasn't always there. Not anymore - it's perfect flash/shutter sync every time.
-They've fine tuned the motion sensor in the phone. Games like Real Racing 3 are more responsive (it was good before, but is better now).
-Virtual Assistant Rocks! If you have a Z10 or Z30, Open Virtual Assistant and say "Local Weather" or "Closest Restaurant"...amazing!

The only problem that I've encountered is sometimes when I open Blackberry World while having a data connection showing "H+", the application will error out while loading the application icons, displaying a message that the application will now close. This hasn't happened while connected via 3g or Wi-Fi and doesn't affect any other functions/applications on the phone.

The only thing I don't like is the default graphics on the lock screen. I'd like to see Blackberry have an option to use your own graphic file and the ability to adjust the opaqueness.

• 2015-03-04 05:54
  • GTfE

Android would be nice if it was so good

• 2015-03-03 13:41
  • 648i

hay gayes
I liked this phone , but really I need help to take a decision for paying this phone or iphone 6
and body having experience in twice helped
thanks

• 2015-03-02 13:54
  • Nh$4
Total of 1441 user reviews and opinions for BlackBerry Z30.