BLU Dash 4.5 - user opinions and reviews

172058

7.0
6.9
7.2

Hi, Anyone knows how to disabe the vibration in the keyboard in dash 4.5? Thanks

• 2015-04-22 02:51
  • JqkE

> In reply to mike @ 2015-01-21 23:51 from JKTY - click to readGo to Settings > Security > Backup & Reset > Factory Data Reset (erases all data on phone)

• 2015-04-17 16:37
  • jA1@

> In reply to mike @ 2015-01-21 23:51 from JKTY - click to readblu dash jr
Lol I just find a way to do it I send them from a next phone
Or tablets download blue tooth apps sender from play store an send it it will store on sd card

• 2015-02-13 03:27
  • kaK2

l bay this phone and its problem with store on sd card l cant my music and videos to store on sd everything go in phone memory store .when l starting download , no on sd card.or in memory Opera browser when connected to download.whats the problem?apps is no my problem to store in phone.l want some explenation step by step or to drop this phone.its my game with anonimous BLU company who pay 130 usa dollars this games and forget my oldest Motorola phones(with no any really problem with sd storage).

• 2015-01-21 23:51
  • JKTY

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-09-24 22:28 from 4yUs - click to readebay - Blu Dash 4.5 hard case cover Much better than silicone and only about $5

• 2015-01-18 11:28
  • 02QM

> In reply to TheRealBev @ 2015-01-13 05:19 from y83R - click to readAddendum: I emailed BLU about being unable to use the unused 1.2GB of "phone" memory for apps while the 1GB of "internal memory" was too full (70 MB empty) to install or even update apps. This is what they emailed back:

"Unfortunately most apps now cannot be moved to the SD card as Android and the developers of the applications have not allowed it. There is no way you can remove the stock apps that come with the device you can choose not to update them but will not be able to remove the app completely. This phone is separated into different increments in order to increase efficiency on the hard drive. The internal storage is for applications and the Phone storage is for media files. It seems you do require more than the 4 GB this device does come with. We recommend you look into a device with one drive solution or more storage space. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

Should THIS information not have been included in the spec sheet? So instead of 4GB + 32GB(optional) storage for apps/data/whatever I want, I get ONE GIGABYTE of storage for apps and that's all? This seems misleading if not actually dishonest.

• 2015-01-14 23:10
  • y83R

> In reply to johnd @ 2014-10-02 02:43 from xR57 - click to readThe first time I had that problem I asked BLU for help. They advised a backup and factory reset. I did that, which is a monumental nuisance due to all the app-configuration that has to be re-done. I'm in that situation again, but my solution now is to use 1MobileMarket instead of the play store to download/install/update FREE apps. I'm right on the bleeding edge space-wise. No idea why deleting apps and freeing up more space than an update or new download could possibly use doesn't work, and google has never been of any help at all with actual problems like this. "Do only a little evil", I guess.

• 2015-01-13 05:48
  • y83R

I've had mine for a year and 3 months. Out of the box the camera wouldn't focus at a distance (replaced under warranty 10 months later) and the GPS was flaky, yielding frequently hilarious tracks -- both units were similarly inadequate.

The most annoying problem I've found is that BLU calls part of its internal memory "sdcard". Accordingly, you think that you're writing to your actual external sdcard (which is really known as /storage/sdcard1 or /sdcard1) but are in reality writing to a SMALL chunk (1 GB) of the 4GB of internal memory. The remainder of the 4GB is known as "phone" memory and for some reason can NOT be used for many apps and their data. At this point I have only 70 MB of "sdcard" memory left, precluding me from installing or even updating apps, while I have 1.20GB of "phone memory" unused and apparently unusable. Apps can not be run from the external sdcard, but this is standard for android.

I confess I was ignorant of the storage problems, which may be due wholly to android operations and not specific to BLU, before buying this, my first smartphone. Had I known how inadequate 4GB of storage is (adding a 32GB external sdcard is NOT a substitute for internal memory -- you can use the external card only for data -- files, photos, music, etc.) I would have splurged on a 16GB, or perhaps even 32GB phone. I might even consider other BLU phones, but I have no reason to believe that their GPS performance would be any better. (It may be noted that my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Samsung tablet's GPS performance is vastly superior and has convinced me that my next phone should be a Samsung.)

The rest of the phone is perfectly acceptable, with the caveat that the camera could be a lot better, but I want my phone to be a pocket-size computer capable of doing computer-like functions away from home without needing wifi or cell connection. C-.

• 2015-01-13 05:19
  • y83R

Does anybody have the experience like I have with the Blu 4.5. Battery does not last for a day,I have to charge it all the time. I charged it last night before I went to bed but when I tried to turn the phone this morning the battery is dead. I am currently charging now for over 5 hours but if I try to see if it is charged the phone either shows that the battery is charging or the battery is completely green which means it's full. The screen is completely black aside from the battery picture in the middle. Anybody knows how to solve this problem?

• 2015-01-07 22:54
  • qF43

how to find internet connectivity

• 2015-01-03 02:39
  • kSTK

how do u fix the sensitivity

• 2014-12-30 23:24
  • Yiks

> In reply to Johnny @ 2014-03-30 23:08 from sdTI - click to readHow 2 flash it

• 2014-12-21 17:14
  • LK39

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-06-21 21:49 from fsT5 - click to readPut the sim card in the other slot your phone has 2 sim card slots I had the same problem I found it out by assident

• 2014-12-14 06:41
  • THjV

How to change the Device language in Germany (Deutsche)?

• 2014-11-29 05:17
  • ixgt

How do you fix the sensitivity

• 2014-11-12 23:58
  • jBva

Now for those who are complaining about not getting to store apps and other stuff to the SD card of this phone, please do it through your PC with a USB cable. And instead of relying on Play Store to get apps, goggled them online (apk files) and download them to your PC then to your phone.

• 2014-10-26 01:34
  • 8ySk

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-06-21 21:49 from fsT5 - click to readme too :/

• 2014-10-25 23:07
  • 8QqF

I have a memory card and my apps and photos not storing on my memory card now my phone memory is full and no matter how much I delete it still saying the phone full

• 2014-10-02 02:43
  • xR57

> In reply to VCJBLU @ 2014-05-13 18:24 from Mf5N - click to readHello if u pull down the notification menu when that pops up. Just clear it from the notification menu

• 2014-09-18 18:58
  • RbXn

y is it every time i open a compass app on my blu 5.0 it say sensor not found

• 2014-08-26 02:32
  • LB29
Total of 82 user reviews and opinions for BLU Dash 4.5.