BLU Samba - user opinions and reviews

BLU

5.9
5.6
5.4

PHone is terrible.... using ATT network and always choppy and drop calls. No manual.... have to figure your way around. No ability to access the APN or other information on the phone. Really cheaply made...

Do not buy - biggest regret. Wife always complaining so we now have to buy another phone.... only had this one for a week now.... just terrible.

• 2014-10-09 05:50
  • jc35

Blu Samba W aka Q17w

What a nifty phone! This was what I was looking for in a travel phone. Nice work BLU.

I'm probably looking right at it, but where is the vertical bar (|) character located? This is in USA English mode. Looked on the keyboard and under "sym" but can not find it!

If it isn't specifically listed, can it be entered by ascii code number? Probably looking right at it.

• 2014-09-10 02:39
  • Ia19

how do you turn on Bluetooth, thank you

• 2014-09-05 20:40
  • kC9I

well i download facebook on my phone and when i am trying to log in it isn't logging in

• 2014-08-31 18:47
  • 8yT3

How can I charge the phone without the actual charger? How to get sound. When a call come through there is no sound and no it is not on vibrate and the volume is up enough.

• 2014-08-12 03:22
  • R1eP

i have forget my passord what can i do now?

• 2014-06-05 09:31
  • PB5r

please help me. my phone is stealing my money and when i called my service provider they could not help me, they say its the phone stealing the money. they talk about data plans and data services but i do not have those things on this phone, my phone is a blu samba w q170 phone. i only use the internet with it when i am hooked up to my own home wifi box. other wise i cannot use the internet on it so how is the phone so evil now to steal my money. the phone does not have a mobile data option that i can stop it from stealing my money, please can anyone help me?

• 2014-05-03 17:11
  • 4mDh

please someone help me!!!!! i have a blu samba w q170 phone. i loved this phone until recently when it started stealing money from my prepaid account. i do not have any data thing on it, i only use the internet with my own home wifi internet. i have been calling my service provider and begging them to stop taking the money but they kept telling me its something in the phone. i do not even know how to use data things, i tried deleting stuff but this phone does not have a mobile data option. no one can help me there. please can anyone here help me? does anyone know how to stop this horrible thing from eating my phone money? i tried opening all the things i would go on with the wifi, i signed out and stopped going on them. but every few half hours or hours the phone still steals my money. is someone doing this to me? how do i stop this please!!!!

• 2014-05-03 17:04
  • 4mDh

how can i restore my samba tv

• 2014-04-30 00:24
  • 8fEk

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-25 22:46 from I5YA - click to readHow to setup my voicmail on this phone I'm with at&t tho

• 2014-03-06 03:28
  • FECt

> In reply to dulcie @ 2013-08-29 15:02 from kaJ1 - click to readi receive mms message but cannot retreive and send it

• 2014-02-22 08:14
  • Re2Z

Is this able to record with a button

• 2013-09-12 02:08
  • 8Yb@

I have purchased a samba blu and it as not been a month yet since that and I have battery problems and this is my second blu for the year, I have bad luck with blu but I like them as their sexy. I am however looking forward to changing my phone, not a blu that I know for sure.

• 2013-08-29 15:02
  • kaJ1

I have a blu tank which has no 'services' in the menu

• 2013-05-30 15:39
  • Nvc4

> In reply to tanky @ 2011-07-01 22:04 from LBSx - click to readSame thing happend to me I kept reading the manual. For now just let it sit on charger but if that dosent work get a new phone

• 2013-04-07 16:37
  • kIHm

How do i use a digicel sim in my blu samba elite phone???? when i turn it on it says that it s in flight mode. how do u turn off flight mode?

• 2013-01-17 19:40
  • 8yPx

how to I access voicemail on this phone? it says I have a message but I can find n way to retrieve it

• 2012-12-25 22:46
  • I5YA

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-02-25 01:35 from FKyy - click to readYou need AT&T´s APN, proxy, port and stuff to do so... Here you have the info:
First of all, you have to create a data account:
Menu-Settings-Connectivity-Data Account-Options-Add:
Account Name: MediaNet
APN: wap.cingular
Auth. Type: Normal
Primary DNS: Leave it all zeros
Secondary DNS: Leave it all zeros

Then, with the data account made, you have to go to:
Menu-Services-Internet Service-Settings-Profiles-Add new:
Profile name: MediaNet
Homepage: any page you like (I recommend Google due to its light weight)
Data Account: Select-GPRS-look for MediaNet (previously created)
Connection type: HTTP (hit Select)-OK:
Use proxy: No
Password: Leave it blank

Now, for MMS we will use the same data account:
Menu-Messaging-MMS-MMS Settings-Profiles-Add new:
Profile name: AT&T MMS
MMSC address: http://mmsc.cingular.com
Data Account: Select-GPRS-look for MediaNet (previously created)
Connection type: HTTP (hit Select)-OK:
Use proxy: No
Password: Leave it blank

Now it should work! If not, let me tell you that these settings require a proxy address and port (Proxy: wireless.cingular.com, Port: 80), however, these BLU phones only support numeric proxies, and AT&T doesn´t have one...

Well, at least you have all the necessary settings to make data and MMS work on any cellphone that supports letter-entry proxies!

Hope it helps...

• 2012-04-11 08:23
  • 8x$j

how can you change your text tone to something other than whats already on the phone...tried a million different ways and the only option it gives you is incoming calls when you hit a sound and hit use as...really frustrating me!

• 2012-03-20 07:02
  • Q$w6

> In reply to jp @ 2011-10-12 03:48 from 7Cvv - click to readopen the back of the phone,take out the battery and u will see a slot for a memory card.

• 2012-03-10 14:20
  • LK3s
Total of 54 user reviews and opinions for BLU Samba.